ey everyone happy Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wanted to start off the wonderful "almost Friday" as they call it around here!!! Have a wonderful day everyone!!

love and hugs to all:l :h

Hi Mary Anne, & everyone else yet to visit.

I've just got through my 1st Office Christmas Lunch without alcohol in at least 10 years!!!!!!!! so i'm feeling pretty good.

Take care all, love & hugs, Paula xx :l :h :l
    sigpicXXX

Comment

MERRY CHRISTMAS

A friend just mailed me this so I thought I would share it

http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_dec20...yChristmas.pps

Hope it works................
      sigpicXXX

Comment

Good Morning all!
        Hope everyone is well. I am really starting to get excited about the holidays. I love all the music and lights etc. And of course, the days off
        I will have to be careful about the drinking because I have always found the holidays with all the parties and just the 'festive spirit' in the air to provide particular temptations for me. I just have to be diligent and remember my goals - and check in here as much as I can!
        Love you all -
        Jen
        Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Paula, awesome job on the Christmas party. You really passed up on temptation. Also thanks for the slide show. I have read that before but the pictures to go along with it are beautiful.

Jen, I just know you will do fine. You have so many AF days under your belt I am sure you have developed a lot of "avoiding the drink" skills.

We are supposed to be getting one of the worst wind storms in history coming through later today. I just pray the power does not go out because I still have so much baking to do. Have I mailed any of my gifts or done any cards? No of course not. I started out with such a bang this month and then the time just flew by.

Hope everyone has a good Thursday. Tracy, hope you are okay. Have not heard from you in a while.

Will probably check in later............
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hey everyone,

Off to a bad start today, totally of my own doing. Got completely stressed out yesterday and let it get the best of me. I'm so sick of my husband being gone all the freaking time and trying to deal with so much by myself. My daughter has has two wrecks since she got her license and both times he was out of town. First was not her fault at all although her car was totaled. Insurance payed, got her new car etc. Last night she had a wreck, her fault. Shes okay, but there has been too much on my plate this week. So I drank way too much last night, bottom line. Woke up late with a headahe, couldnt find my keys for 20 minutes so was late getting my son to school and pounding head the whole way. I feel like the crappiest person on the earth right now. I have to decorate my husband's office now... its his birthday tomorrow and I've been working on this surprise for him all week, and now that they big decorating day is here I will be slamming pictures around in his office and muttering under my breath. Tis the season!! I need a major attitude adjustment. Just wish I could fast forward this whole day and start over.

Allie
            What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Hi all ?

Happy almost Friday to you to MaryAnne ? I am looking forward to the weekend and doing tree on Sat.

Paula ? Awesome job on the office lunch! What a great feeling that must have been. Thanks for the link. Beautiful pictures and thoughts and a reminder about what the season is all about. Thanks for that.

Mike ? More basketball?? Wow. Glad you are enjoying time with the kids. Good luck on the shopping. I really got to finish that up too.

Jennah ? I am finally getting festive too. Its such a magical season. I know what you mean about getting caught up in things but it seems like you are really aware of your limits and will do great. The temptations are great but not worth it in the end ? that?s what I need to remember.

Lush, your highness ? Hope the wind dies down soon or at least does not take the power out. I am doing baking today too! Get those cards done woman!

Have a productive and happy day all ? hi to all who follow!
              Hawk

Comment

Oh, Lusch, I thought you might be interested to know that last weekend I read "Dry" by Augustene Burroughs. LOVED IT! I was raving about it to one of my friends who went out and promptly bought me (we did an early gift exchange), the book "Running With Scissors".

I thought you might get a kick out of that.

Comment

Oooh I am so glad you read Dry. Did you just laugh out loud in parts? I LOVED the part about him taking the bottles in and out of the hotel refrigerator just for the feeling of it. One of my all time faves. Let me know what you think about Scissors. I could not get through it.
                  I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Did you find Scissors too disturbing? Or what was wrong with it? I just just started it.....so I am curious.
                    Yes I LAUGHED SO HARD at poor him taking the bottles out over and over and then being charged for it! How embarassing would that be! I loved that book!

Comment

Ugh Allie --

We were posting at the same time. So sorry to hear about all you have going on. Its a lot to deal with alone and I cannot imagine NOT being overwhelmed. I'm glad your daughter is okay. Its no fun to deal with all that crap when you feel good so my heart really goes out to you today. I do hope your surprise for your husband all comes together. Hang in there, the grinchiness will pass and you'll be festive soon.
                      Hawk

Comment

Allie,

My heart goes out to you, keep your chin up love, we are all thinking of you.

Paula :l :thanks:
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

I think you are doing pretty great, Allie.

Hang in there.

Comment

Good Morning all,

Be led by joy.
                            It's the whole point.

****The Universe

Gotta run today but wanted to say Allie, I am so sorry that happened. Your daughter sounds like a wonderful girl. Go Momma Bear!

Everyone else, hope you have an awesome day!

Comment

Hello all. Today, I have alot to say..well..a lot for me..I'm not really a talker. Something has really began to click with me recently. It started when Becca switched over to the abs board and, I was trying to put myself in her shoes and was really feeling for her. Her posts are always so detailed I was really feeling that sense of panic and fear that she was going through. I had to ask myself if I could do abs too. The thought of it ..big panic. So, I have to ask myself WHY?

Don't get me wrong..I have made great progress here. I don't drink half as much as I used to. I'm not as stressed out and tired. My business is going much better and I am a better mother to my kids. So, for a while now, because of this progress I have given myself a great big pat on the back.

But, wait there is more to this. True, I am no longer chasing "oblivion" but, I am still chasing the "buzz". I still want that buzz. Why? This is the problem. Now that I am more clear headed these days...I have time to think and reflect. I was grateful for this at first. Now, out of the blue emotions are coming to the surface. Emotions I had successfully supressed for quite a while. I find little things make me tear up. Some days I feel I'm on the verge of too much coming out.

I know why I have these emotions and continue to chase the buzz. It has to deal with obligations, work and my marriage. Ok, now I am recognizing the problems...good. How do I now deal with solving these problems? The answer is to confront the problems....bad. Sorry, but not ready for that one.

So, here I sit in limbo.....
                              Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Working...
                              X