Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quit drinking, now nightmares HELP!

Hi,
    I have decreased my drinking recently, but now I am experiencing horrible nightmares every night. Is this normal? Will it stop once my body gets used to not having booze in it?

I did a period of two weeks ABs and I have a drank a total of four days over the last the 19 (I used to drink 5-6 nights a week). I'm wondering if any of your long term abstainers had nightmares during the first few weeks and then had them settle down?

Thanks,
    Andy

Dear Andy,

I would like to apologize first of all for none of us responding sooner. I don't know how I did'nt see your thread here.

I don't recall having had nightmares specifically, but I did have extremely vivid dreams and somewhat disturbed sleep when I first stopped drinking. My dreams seem to be back in the realm of "normal" now (if there is such a thing in the dream world) but my sleep is still a bit off schedule due to topa, I think.

Since alcohol is a CNS depressant, withdrawing it is certain to have effects on our sleep patterns, and probably affects all of us in slightly different ways. It probably also depends on other meds we take, as well as other health and nutrition factors.

Does anyone else out there have experience with this?

~ Mike
    "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Hey Mike,

I think Andy might have started another thread on this as I remember posting about it a few days ago... I'll look around.

Olly

Comment

Mike,
        Thanks I did start another thread and eventually talked to my doc. He pretty much said it was normal and not to worry. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X