Friday, December 15, Neil Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's noon here and I have about a nano-second to spend here at the moment. Thought I'd go ahead a start a new thread, a special thread indeed as today is Neil Day!

Anyway, I'm borrowing this from the SparkPeople.com email I received in my inbox today... it's appropriate to the exchange Lisa and I had yesterday regarding getting the exercise done first thing...

Top 5 Reasons to Love A.M. Exercise

Exercising early in the morning "jump starts" your metabolism, keeping it elevated for hours, sometimes for up to 24 hours! As a result, you'll be burning more calories all day long--just because you exercised in the morning.

Exercising in the morning energizes you for the day--not to mention that gratifying feeling of virtue you have knowing you've done something disciplined and good for you. (Much better than a worm!)

Studies have shown that exercise significantly increases mental acuity--a benefit that lasts four to ten hours after your workout ends. Exercising in the a.m. means you get to harness that brainpower, instead of wasting it while you're snoozing.

Assuming you make exercise a true priority, it shouldn't be a major problem to get up 30 to 60 minutes earlier--especially since regular exercise generally means a higher quality of sleep, which in turn means you'll probably require less sleep. (If getting up 30 to 60 minutes earlier each day seems too daunting, you can ease into it with 10 to 20 minutes at first.)

When you exercise at about the same time every morning--especially if you wake up regularly at about the same time--you're regulating your body's endocrine system and circadian rhythms. Your body learns that you do the same thing just about every day, and it begins to prepare for waking and exercise several hours before you actually open your eyes.
    Exercise Extra: More than 90% of those who exercise consistently have a morning fitness routine. If you want to exercise on a regular basis, the odds are in your favor if you squeeze your workout into the a.m.

Take care,
    Olly

Ok. I'm going. It's 6:30A.M. here.
    Grandkids arrived, and the youngest, (2yrs) did not like it one bit when Mommy went for rare adult time with Dad Da. So, got to bed later, much later than usual, but oh boy, is it nice to be able to bounce back.

Cap

Comment

Hi Everybody! Was away yesterday meeting a new client in Trenton, New Jersey. Tried to eat well on the road and didn't drink. Have the radio show today so not much time to talk. It is supposed to be 62 here in DC/Baltimore today, so I'm going to try to take time to walk. I also have to get ready for Hannakah!

Wish everybody a great day!

MM
      Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Happy Hanakah MM... what sort of lovely feast will you be enjoying this evening?? Yum.
        Olly

Comment

Happy Hannakah!!! MM and MonaCat...(where are you??)

I'm celebrating with some Jewish friends tonight too...that should be interesting. Turkey, green beans and potato latka's. and kids!!

Olly- Love what you posted. I knew some of that but was floored about the 90% of people who exercise consistently have morning routines. That in itself is pretty amazing. I also love the metabolism stats.

I had a big meeting today and got to work by 6:45 this morning so no gym for me today. But you got to take a day off here and there too! So, I'm fine with that. Working out tomorrow though!

Have a great evening - Shalom :h
          Lisa

Comment

Working...
          X