Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why ??????????

Hi All.

I've been on this site for 4 weeks now, before I found it was regularly drinking in the day on my days off, and i've not done that for 4 weeks and yesterday I was feeling really proud of myself for not drinking at the office party when I could have without any repercussions.

So why have I had 2 beers this morning? It's only 10am, My mobile just rang & I panicked thinking that it might be school about my daughter, but it was my dad, he wanted to come for coffee & i made feeble excuses about christmas shopping.............

I'm already feeling guilt, anxiety, and all the rest .........

Why do we do it?

Paula xx
    sigpicXXX

Why ??????????

PaulaW, Don't feel guilty -- old habits, particularly bad ones are hard to break. You are doing great. Sometimes we do great when we are expecting to be challenged (like at the party), but then let down our guard afterwards when we start to relax. You are doing great. Don't beat yourself up, otherwise you won't want to stop. Just pick yourself up, you have the rest of the day to turn it around. Remember, this is a process, and it will probably be an up-and-down one. But as long as it is on an upward trend then you are headed for long-term success. I think you are doing wonderful!!! Have a great rest of the day!

Good luck!

MM
    Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Why ??????????

don't know why either

Paula,

Don't know why we do these things either!? BUT I for one am famous for the morning beers, my hubby can attest to that......this sickness is a hard habit to break, but it WILL get better, practice practice practice........AND most of all, don't beat yourself up over it!! I am famous for that too!!

Lots of love and hugs your way today:h :l :l

MA

Comment

Why ??????????

Thanks all....

The good news is that I didn't have anymore after i'd posted, & usually once I start I can't stop, so for that I'm quite pleased.

Thanks again you are all soooo supportive.

Paula xx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

Why ??????????

Gaze into my feline eyes Paula and you will find the strength!!

Much love and support heading your way..don't take yourself too seriously...have a sense of humor and move on...and up!
          Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Working...
          X