Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our brave Becca has taken this step!

:l New Life Devotional

"My hope is to spur your thinking every day into one that recognizes and believes that God is alive and well, that he’s center stage in who we are and what we do, and that he’ll be faithful in our attempts to get well, to recover, and to live a transformed life.

But, we can’t just wait for God, we have to act upon his faithfulness and do something. Most likely, he’s waiting for you to do something. Doing nothing is not an option in our striving to get well.

Some of you want to pray that “it” will just go away. God wants you to walk through “it” and come out a stronger, better, more faithful, encouraging, patient, persevering, loving, compassionate, ministry-minded person on the other side.

Whether your “it” is an addiction, a relational strain, depression, anger, grief, loss, anxiety, abuse, or a host of other issues, rest assured that God is a God of second chances. He is a healing God. Choose to be healed, look for help in so doing, then take action!"

I DO believe in Devine healing........
    I also believe that God does use many ways to help us heal.
    All healing is devine!
    Just a thought
    Nancy:h
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Zing! I love this one Nancy! We can pray all we want, but are we willing to listen to the message and take action? Are we willing to go to any length to heal our alcoholism or are we looking for the easier, softer way? Are we doing as He would have us do? If we have a conscious contact with Him, I believe we know what He wants us to do. But are we willing?

Comment

I don't usually read over here, as I am admittedly not very religious. But I believe this goes beyond religion. I certainly believe in a loving God who can see when we are taking what we were dealt and doing all we possibly can to spread that love to those around us. We cannot be at our utmost potential under the restraints of an obsession with alcohol. Can't be good family members, friends, citizens in general when we are drunk. It is up to us to make that effort.

Nancy, what an amazing and touching testament you wrote! You just made me feel 100 percent less sorry for myself, and much much more proud of what I'm trying to do here.
      As discovery/ Kim said to me: it's not our fault we are like this, but it is our responsibility to do something about it. Thanks for that, Kim. I'm using it heavily!
      Gina, you sound great. Good questions to ask ourselves, aren't they?

May we all find peace with it. A happy place where we can be our best to ourselves, and most importantly, to those we love.

Nancy, it was beautiful. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I can't wait to re-read it.
      :l :thanks:

Comment

You know... I was thinking some more about this.

Nancy, I feel almost guilty that you consider me "brave". I don't think I'm brave at all. I was ultimatum-ed and prior to that, I had been given so many opportunities that I did not take. I STILL am not confident in my ability to do this.
        Just didn't want anyone going and thinking that I'm truly brave. I'm flattered and all, but am going into this more out of fear of loss of my family and horrific remorse over the damage I've already done.

I still love your words! You are such a giving human being. Your family and WE are lucky to have you.:h

Comment

being truly and whole again

You are correct when you say that religion has nothing to do with the fact that you have alcoholism. I personally am not very religious either. However, living a spiritual life has been the key to me becoming whole again. There is a world of difference between religion and being spiritual. I will be forever grateful to those that showed me that.

Kim

Comment

Becca i dont think you give yourself enough credit...You could have just as easily sunk to the bottom of a bottle...Feeling sorry for yourself...And giving up...
            The kind of running you do requires determination and bravery...And that reflects on your personality..

And if anyone knows its not a race...and you gotta pace yourself its you...This might be your final mile..
            I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
            One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Hey Becca and all................not religious here either!!!
              I just KNOW you can do this.......
              You ARE brave......To admit you have a problem and then to take steps to do something about it is inspiring. You and your family have many years ahead to share love for each other. Please be healed and enjoy every minute of it... Maybe your family could learn something about commitment and love from watching you and hubby working through this?
              You are never alone....be blessed! I know I am just watching you grow! You go girl!!

:h Nancy

Comment

I STILL say it takes courage to walk through "IT" and come out better and stronger on the other side.

May God bless Becca and Scott as they battle their way through!

Merry Christmas all!

:h Nancy

Comment

Working...
                X