July = 10 days allowed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July = 10 days allowed!

I have just done 30 days of abstinence and feel tip top!!!! no wine, no junk and lots of exercise! I have lost ten pounds in weight and never felt better! I fully appreciate the benefits of an AF life but i do enjoy a drink to celebrate life events! I have never been a hard core drinker, just a woman of a certain age who over the years has got into a bad habit of opening a bottle of wine every evening!! I have tried to moderate that many times in the past and have been good and bad but i have never done it on the back of 30 days off with this clear perspective. So my plan is to allow myself 10 days in July whereby I can celebrate (in moderation), starting tomorrow with a glass of champagne when my son gets his degree results. I am having a weekend away and of course his graduation later in the month so i have set these days aside as YES days, i have left some days flexible and I have planned to have 20 AF days no matter what. I also intend to exercise every day and go up a gear where that is concerned as i have another 8 pounds to loose! My philosophy is that FAILING TO PLAN IS PLANNING TO FAIL so i have to be quite specific in advance about what my goals and rules are, I know some folk dont like this and it puts too much pressure on instead of taking ODAT? Is there any like minded peeps wanting to join me, I hope to do the same in August as I have a holiday but i do hereby solemnly declare that if i fail in my challenge as from 1st September thats me DONE! Life is too good to ruin it if i cant control it and slip back into bad habits!, So are you up for the challenge? If so jump in and we can help each other do 20 AF days and LOTS of exercise this month xx
    Keeps x:happyheart:

July = 10 days allowed!

July 1st is Here, I miss the Pinksters already and already having doubts as to whether having a drink today is the right decision???? I started a new thread as i dont think it appropriate to talk about A on a thread were the focus is abstinence, however, looks like i may have to go this alone??? Sharing my journey in June really helped so i shall keep posting even if i am billy no mater (lol). Still on the clean and lean plan and its working well, no processed junk and motivated to work my butt off this month to loose the last 8 pounds! Its 7 a.m and will start the day with a run, my fingers are crossed for my sons results so i will check in later to update on my decision re the celebrations tonight! Let Day one of my new challenge commence x

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Hey Keep Walking, I made it into the office on a Stat Holiday (It's Canada day and I live 15 minutes from Ottawa, Canada's capital and your Prince is here with the lovely Kate!!). We plan on putting the boat in the Ottawa River to watch the fireworks this evening. Should be spectacular.

I can do 20 days A/F this month. I actually did it last month not that it was planned that way. I think it's the perfect goal for me as it allows for some evenings where a glass of wine with my evening meal will be allowed and most nights, I will accomplish more by staying sober and not touching a drop.

As far as the exercise goes I am with you on that. Bouncing and kayaking on a daily basis is the plan.

Let's use the drinktracker that this site offers. How many drinks would you say there is in a 28 oz bottle of wine? I tend to drink half of that on my drinking nights.

Let us know how your son did and being your son he probably has a ton of determination and will do supherbly.

We can do this. We will succeed.

Tips
      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
      ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Hi Pinksters,
        Am just back from a trip away with my kids & we had a great time but I am worn out!
        I am with you on the 10/20 for July & August- with total abstinence from Sept if I cant do the mod thing. Keeps what is the new thread called- I dont have time to go searching now. I have started the Clean Lean Diet this morning as my weight remains a big issue & I want to be super healthy.
        Have some freshly caught mackeral for dinner- yummy.
        Must fly & get the kids to football training. Hope you are all doing well.
        SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Tipplerette;1140148 wrote: Hey Keep Walking, I made it into the office on a Stat Holiday (It's Canada day and I live 15 minutes from Ottawa, Canada's capital and your Prince is here with the lovely Kate!!). We plan on putting the boat in the Ottawa River to watch the fireworks this evening. Should be spectacular.

I can do 20 days A/F this month. I actually did it last month not that it was planned that way. I think it's the perfect goal for me as it allows for some evenings where a glass of wine with my evening meal will be allowed and most nights, I will accomplish more by staying sober and not touching a drop.

As far as the exercise goes I am with you on that. Bouncing and kayaking on a daily basis is the plan.

Let's use the drinktracker that this site offers. How many drinks would you say there is in a 28 oz bottle of wine? I tend to drink half of that on my drinking nights.

Let us know how your son did and being your son he probably has a ton of determination and will do supherbly.

We can do this. We will succeed.

Tips
          Yay Tips so so pleased you joining me xxxxxx My son did amazing he got a first class honors degree and is now a Bachelor of Law!!! I have enjoyed 2 glasses of champagne which after 30 days AF has gone straight to my head but is a nice feeling as i like being tipsy but detest being drunk!!! I will enjoy this journey with you and post more tomorrow when i have more time xxx

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

SarahJane;1140163 wrote: Hi Pinksters,
            Am just back from a trip away with my kids & we had a great time but I am worn out!
            I am with you on the 10/20 for July & August- with total abstinence from Sept if I cant do the mod thing. Keeps what is the new thread called- I dont have time to go searching now. I have started the Clean Lean Diet this morning as my weight remains a big issue & I want to be super healthy.
            Have some freshly caught mackeral for dinner- yummy.
            Must fly & get the kids to football training. Hope you are all doing well.
            yes sj if we dont do this, THATS IT!!!!! you have just posted on the new thread its called July= 10 days allowed but they must be moderate days, like Tips says half a bottle or so. So girls do you have specific dates in July, I do and i intend to post them but also to keep the odd day when i just fancy a glass of wine. Lets try and enjoy A to celebrate the good times NOT drown the bad ones. Re weight and exercise we have to really go for it, weight loss is a bonus being healthy and fit is a must, so plans please. So glad you are on board, will have to think of a new theme for July????? we had hot pink in June and in July we have....??

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Morning girls,xxxx well i enjoyed my champagne last night and had two glasses (large) of red wine with dinner, it felt like a really special night, however this morning is a different story!!! I feel ugh! Whether its because my system is so clean now i don't know because what i drank last night is nothing to what i used to be able to get through and yet i feel awful! Not mentally I am glad i could celebrate in a moderate way but physically, i am sluggish, stonking headache and slightly sick! So I for one am back on the wagon for the rest of the weekend, my next planned night is 9th July when we have friends coming for dinner to celebrate her birthday! Lime and soda for me today then i can wake up daisy fresh and get out on my bike! I will drink lots of water today to flush it out but the question on my mind is was it worth it.....???

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Keeps I have been asking myself the 'is it worth it' question for years! How would you feel not drinking on such a special occassion? I would love not to feel deprived without it. I have never been a huge drinker- 3/4 to 1 bottle 4-5 nights a week. But sometimes I would feel rotten after only 1 or 2 glasses. It really is poison. I am going to see how I get on this month- continue AF for the next 2 weeks. Then I have quite a few nights out planned including a big party 2 weeks today- which I have been planning on having a few drinks- but will see how long I can stay AF for. I know once I start giving myself permission to have a couple of drinks then I will keep drinking every night & feel sluggish every day for days. Excuse the waffle!

So I am going to tell myself that I am allowed 10 days off but I dont have to drink- if I can keep going AF then I will.
                I will keep to my marathon training program & eat Clean & Lean- I am on the 14 day program.

Keeps- enjoy your night of lime & soda. Were you tempted to keep drinking the red wine? You did really well but your liver has gotten used to your angelic ways!
                Tips- how are you managing with mod? Are you temped on your AF nights?
                SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Hi SJ no i wasn't at all tempted to have more red wine and could not face a glass last night even if i could have, enjoyed my lime and soda and feel fresh and energetic again this morning, so thank goodness for that. I will see how i feel on my next planned night i.e. next Saturday but will be AF until then. I love the clean and lean and have lost ten pounds in a month, i have another half stone or so to go to reach my goals and will follow the principles but i am not doing the kick start rigidly, good luck with it. Its clear that not many folk want to risk modding here and i can see that your drink pattern is similar to mine which compared to some is in fact quite moderate but definitely a bad habit!! Off for a bike ride now, Sunday roast dinner later which i am going to really enjoy especially as my Mum is cooking xx Enjoy your sober sunday x

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Hi Keeps and SJ, I was out of range for a while but back at it this morning. Drank both Friday and Saturday, Friday shared a bottle of wine at a fancy restaurant and Saturday drank as a result of a trigger which I actually just acknowledged. On Saturday morning hubby tried to please me by renting a huge bulldozer to flatten the rough patch of land down by the river in order for me to be able to have a bonfire with people not sitting at awkward angles and falling into either the river or the fire. As he was trying to get down to the river, he needed to create a road for the huge monster machine (which was way too big for the job). So I witnessed him raping the forest; in other words bowling over trees and even using the chain saw to cut down beautiful maple trees and towering pines. I cried out of his sight and had to pull myself together and tell myself that #1 - too late the damage has been done and #2 - He was actually trying to make my wish come true by creating usable spot down by the river. The Serenity Prayer came into play and it really helped. I put on a smile and gave him the thumbs up signal and poured myself a drink. So I have some work to do on my response to emotional issues, eh girls.

Sunday I got serious and had no problem abstaining. As SJ said feeling a little under the weather the next morning sure puts things in perspective. I will post my drinking days on the Drinktracker and here is my plan. It's going to be an all or nothing month as I am going camping at the end of the month and want to save my wine evenings for that week. So since I have had a few already I must be vigilant for a few weeks. At the end of month we'll see what's left.

Can either of you give me the run-down on the Clean and Lean diet. Right now I eat next to no processed food so if that's the only thing, I am fine with that but can you let me know the premise of this diet that has been so successful for you Keeps.

For exercise, we jumped in the muddy river yesterday and I had to kick like an idiot to stay put as the current was so strong, it kept threatening to take me down the river and over the rapids. So the legs got a great work-out. That's about it for the weekend besides housework...

Keeps you must be very proud of your son. We love to see our kids reach their goals, eh.. a celebration certainly was in order.

Have a great day all. In our part of Canada, SUMMER HAS ARRIVED!!

Tips
                    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Great to hear from you Tips and you sound very strong re modding so that makes 3 of us! The clean and lean diet by James Duigan basically cuts out C R A P , each letter stands for something, thinks its carbs (sugar) refined foods (sugar) alcohol (pure sugar) and processed foods. Its a great read and also has exercise in it an 8 minute workout and beauty detox too i.e body brushing etc etc which i have added as one of my rules! I have started the 14 day kick start today although have been following the principles for a couple of weeks now and feel great, well except when i put poison in. SJ what day are you on now? Just been and bought lovely veg ( no fruit allowed first 14 days) organic chicken, salmon, peppers, hummus etc etc and lots of salad stuff as i want to drop at least another 8 pounds! Ten gone so far so onwards and upwards!

Sorry about your trees tips!!!!! But yes at least your wish came true xx Re exercise i have been lazy this weekend but felt horrid Saturday morning and started my period this morning and had tummy cramps all day so that's my excuse, will do better tomorrow! Gorg weather here in UK today but as usual due to change again tomorrow, but def feels summery today! phew its hot! Like us eh xxxx Tune in later girls, keep posting i love to know how your doing so far i have had two of my ten days as my mother opened a bottle of sparkling wine before Sunday lunch to celebrate the good news so..........................!! Day 3 next Saturday but the way i feel at the moment i could give wine up for ever, we shall see how the month pans out!?

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

May I join you? I did post on the June thread but was already into modding so didn't feel I fit.

Tips - left Canada on Canada Day but have been there before and know the Kanucks do celebrate! Back in midwest now, so far on our 4th holiday weekend I drank Sat nite. Today being the 4th, I may have a beer or 2 out golfing and if I do the count will go on the DrinkTracker. Are you still planning on posting there?

Keeps - OMGosh, that's a lot of weight lost. Good for you! Did you drink the champagne & red wine same night? That (for me) would account for feeling awful. Kudos to your son! Thanks for starting this separate thread. The Moderator section is very quiet.

SJ - impressed you are in marathon training. Been there, done that - us and all our friends cont'd drinking during training. In fact, one guy joked about not wanting to go to the start line with the shakes. At the time I thought it was hilariously funny. What's your longest run so far?

Workout today: ran/walked 2 miles, 15 pushups, 120 situps and will play 18 holes of golf.
                        The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Hi to myhealth and yes of course you are very welcome. Impressed with the exercise, you have reminded me i must do some sit ups every day!!! I am not using the drink tracker just counting the days, I have had two so far and think Tips is the same, SJ had one of her nights last night and you are on your fourth but remember no more than 10 this month!!!! Yes i did mix my drinks Friday night which is why i felt so awful but it doesn't half serve as a reminder how toxic this stuff is I will promise though that if i drink more than i intend too on the days i am allowed i am packing it in as i hate how i feel afterwards, like you said SJ, is it worth it , answer = NO, I am trying to get to the point were a couple of glasses of wine does me fine and preferably only at weekends, we shall see?? Right note to self: SIT UPS!!!

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Thanks, Keeps, for welcome. When I said the fourth I meant this is the 4th of July, a holiday and dh is off & we have the golf outing planned - not the fourth drinking day. Having A today would make this my 2nd day like you and Tips, then plan to stay AF until 7/9. Would hate to be on 7/4 and already be counting 4 out of my 10 drinking days! Ya, mixing = feeling awful!
                            The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

July = 10 days allowed!

Hey girls, we can actually use this as our drink tracker. Just cut and past this onto the end of your posts. {Day 4 - 2 days drank, 8 remaining} and change it as you go along.

I am going to order the clean lean diet from amazon and lose those nasty 10 pounds and at my 55th birthday in October I will be a lean, mean sexy machine... ya baby!!

I love the colour purple... maybe our group should be the Mauve Moderators!! Pretty boring eh.. LOL.

Tips
                              Day 4 - 2 days drank, 8 remaining
                              Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                              X