AF July, No Junk, Lots of Exercise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're continuing on Pinksters ( and anyone else who would like to join us). Same as before. We'll be moving our booties, watching what we eat and doing it all AF. Tommorow is July 1st who's ready to join us??!!
    Please share your goals and your plan.
    Blues
    AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Well done Blues, you rock!! I will be posting on your new thread and giving you all my support, I know you can do this!!!! The Pinksters are Fab xxx
    Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

MIA is in!!! :l

Go the PINSKSTERS!!! :H

HOT PINK running shoes will be doing alot of HOT and SWEATY running! :h

Comment

Ohhh this is just what I need!! I did really well with both diet and exercise when I first went AF. I lost 60 pounds. I fell into a vat of sugar at some point, which is just a no-no for me. Does not work. Just like AL. Anyway....I month long challenge is just what I need!!!

My plan:

Clean Eats Diet: Follow Weight Watchers Simply Filling Technique, no sugar

Exercise: 100,000 Steps per week. 3 Strength sessions per week. (could be classes at the gym, solo workout at the gym, resistance bands at home - any combination)

My "week" starts on Sunday (weigh in day at WW) so will use that as my weeks for tracking purposes. Since the challenge starts on Friday, I commit to clean eating + 30,000 steps + 1 strength workout between Friday and Saturday.

Of course I have to stay AF. If I had one drink, I would end up on the sofa for the next month. No steps, nutritious food, or lifting anything heavier than a pail to barf in. So...no. Not goin' there! :H

I would love to get back down to my goal weight. The first step is getting things moving in the correct direction!

Thanks for starting this!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Doggygirl so special to have you on board you are one of my heros here at MWO!!!

The past 36 days I have fallen to the sugar trap. So I have to put my HOT PINK running shoes on and run and run. xxxx

Comment

Mia, I am totally JEALOUS of your hot pink running shoes!! I bet you can run really fast in those.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Ok PINKSTERS where are you all? BARB, SARA JANE, DAISY, MISS O, QUEENBUG, and everyone else. I miss you. You were always running through the park with me remember HOT PINK running shoes! How good did we all feel sober and happy. Common lets do JULY lets sweat, and get red faces because I thought I would loose weight straight away and I haven't. To much chocolate I think.

Doggy Girl yep HOT PINK running shoes givers you power!!! xxxxx

Keepwalking and Tipps dont forget about us here. Tipps I hope you are enjoying your bike ride. What sort of bike? I Miss you xxxxxxx

Comment

Hello All-
                I am in for the month of July and hopefully beyond. I really need to make a lifestyle change. I have 25 alcohol free days behind me and I've been working out seriously for the last two weeks.
                My goal is to do weight lifting/resistance training 4 days/week, cardio 4-5 days/week, and keep my diet as clean as possible.
                I am going to my in-laws beach house over the weekend. I'm packing healthy food and we should be getting fresh crab. I'm also taking my bike and resistance bands so I have no excuse not to exercise.
                I'm loooking forward to hearing about everyone's progress.
                Stay motivated!

Jackie M

Comment

Yes please, I'd like to be with the Pinksters for the July challenge. I came on board the last thread on 23rd June and have now been AF for 8 days, which is unheard of!
                  I am definitely a problem drinker, though have never drunk AL everyday, oh, except maybe during summer hols abroad! I also decided to stop messing about with my weight loss diet and on Tuesday decided that drastic measures needed to shed my 3 stones of surplus blubber. So on 28th June started having 2 replacement meals per day and just one meal of protein and veg. I also allow myself 2 pieces of fruit per day - I have lost 6lbs in weight since Tuesday and am totally inspired to keep this up! I go away on holiday two weeks today, so my aim is in total 14lbs weight loss (including the 6 already shed) a total of 22 days AF, gym 3 times per week, Jackie I am in awe of your exercise goals, don't forget your recovery days! Will then reset my goals in 2 weeks. I need to buy something pink! Maybe a new water bottle!! Started taking Kudu and L-Glutamine yesterday so hopefully these will help my determination. Looking forward to my sparkling water tonight at the restaurant!! Have a fab weekend
                  thanks for having the courage to post and share.
                  glam
                  x

Comment

I'm in! I run 2 miles on m-w-f and I run or swim 1 mile on t-t-s and do weights and LOTS of ab exercises on weight training days. I would like to be up to 2.5 miles on m-w-f by the end of the month. in my 7 weeks (tomorrow) AG I have lost 5lbs, the last 5 lbs to my goal weight. I can't seam to go much more than .5 to 1 lb below my goal weight be I guess I don't need to. I need to get some booty shorts to workout in! LOL I wonder if my hubby would be ok with that??? Anyway I'm in! Exercise, fruits, veg, and chicken and sea food! The fruits are wonderfull in the summer! Now I just need to get down some more water!
                    You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                    Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Mia;1139959 wrote: Ok PINKSTERS where are you all? BARB, SARA JANE, DAISY, MISS O, QUEENBUG, and everyone else. I miss you. You were always running through the park with me remember HOT PINK running shoes! How good did we all feel sober and happy. Common lets do JULY lets sweat, and get red faces because I thought I would loose weight straight away and I haven't. To much chocolate I think.

Doggy Girl yep HOT PINK running shoes givers you power!!! xxxxx

Keepwalking and Tipps dont forget about us here. Tipps I hope you are enjoying your bike ride. What sort of bike? I Miss you xxxxxxx
                      I'm here Mia! Just got finished moving, I'm exhausted. Let's do it for July! Looks like we have some new Pinksters...(Pink Sisters)
                      Welcome Doggygirl, Jenny, Glam, Jackie M.
                      Hi everyone, I'm in a pissy mood from the move, and fighting with the cable co. for 2 days now. Just got my internet back. Still AF... Day 41!! Holy Crap, let's do this!!!
                      THOUGHTS become THINGS
                      choose the GOOD
                      ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

What a great group this has shaped up to be!!
                        Doggy Girl- I love that we have you. It's great to have someone with so much sober time under their belt amongst us.
                        Jackie and Jenny- I am elated you're in the group. When I saw your names on the thread I felt like turning cartwheels.
                        Mia- My idol. 100% commitment. 100% of the time. That's my goal. To be just like you.
                        Barb- I knew you would be here. So glad.
                        Glam- you'll be looking hot and feeling great for your holiday.
                        What a happy July this is going to be.
                        AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

So here's my plan. It may not seem like much but I'm trying to stay realistic as we have my husbands family staying with us until October. Yikes!! So here goes.

I weighed today at 139 pds. ( 10 stone to you Brits)
                          My Goal wieght for July is 135

THE PLAN
                          1. Work out 5 hours per week. Combination of strength and cardio training. ( I say hours because with all this family I'll have to grab anytime I can get)
                          2. No more then 1500 calories per day.
                          3. No eating 3 hours before bedtime.
                          4. Drink 8 glasses of water per day.
                          5. Take my supplements and B12 shots everyday.
                          6. 100 hundred cruches and 25 push ups everyday.
                          7. Eat clean ( avoid processed foods) Cut down by 50% my sugar consumption

I have made a little calendar to track it all as I am dreadfully forgetful. I have also started a money jar. $5 for everyday I stay AF and $5 for every hour I exercise. Should I slip and drink all money will be donated to Best Friends Animal Sanctuary.
                          I begin my work weeks on Fridays so that will be my weigh in day.
                          Havn't had any junk today and I plan on doing a one hour wii zumba session before work.
                          Happy July Pinksters. Let's do this!!
                          Hot Pink Hugs xxx
                          Kymberly ( blues)
                          AF since 06/27/2011

Comment

You rock sisters!!!! Great great plan Blues, so important to set your goals really helps you to focus! Well i celebrated My sons success last night with champagne and whilst i enjoyed it i truly feel CRAPPY this morning! I think my system is so clean after 30 days off and healthy food that it has reacted badly by putting poison back in, so believe me you are not missing anything, the sparkling water is the best option, i woke up every morning in June raring to go and this morning i am sluggish and headachy, i wanted to test this on the back of 30 days and so far my view is it just aint worth it, i want to feel fresh and energized in a morning and get out for my walk, so my next planned A night is 9th July and i might just give it a miss! Stay strong pinksters you know it makes sense xxxxxxxx
                            Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

This is going to be the best month! Hi to all the new PINKSTERS on this thread!!!
                              Barb, I am glad you are finished moving sorry to hear you hate living where you are. Has it got some nice parks or walking tracks?
                              Blues and Doggygirl your exercise plans put me to shame! WOW!!! I want to find some ZUMBA classses they sound like so much fun. Although my favourite exercise is running through our national park it is so beautiful!
                              I went to the markets this morning and ran into a old friend that I have not seen in a while he politely commented that I have filled out nicely??? Oh well I suppouse it was a nice way of putting it??

So onwards I say! Lets stay AF, exercise and eat fresh fruit and vegetables!

It is such a fantastic feeling to be sober!!! xxxxxxxx 37 days tomorrow for me!

Comment

Working...
                              X