The price of Crab...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The price of Crab...

Last night @ work, just before dark, one of the local crab boats for some crazy reason decided they could get out over the rough, river bar.
    They made it over a few big waves and dissappeared between a big trough between them, never coming back up.
    The rescue Coast Guard Choppers from Coos Bay were brought down, and boats from Port Orford tried coming down the coast to help with the rescue.

We could see the choppers & lights over on the jetty searching all night @ work. (the cafe I work at is right at the mouth of the Rogue)

There were 3 men on board.
    Gear has been washing up for miles up & down the coast today. Choppers still flying this morning, no longer a rescue mission, just recovery. The water is only 53*, and very rough.

One of the ladies I work with, lost her first Husband, this same way, at this same river bar, years ago. Very emotional night working last night, I don't know how she did it... She just kept going over and looking out the windows at the lights over the ocean. I can't imagine all she was going thru.:h At the end of the night she said "What a shitty night, this kinda stuff just ..."
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

The price of Crab...

That is just so sad, and all for crab. I used to watch that reality show about crabbers in Alaska and had to finally stop because it made me so anxious watching the risks they take for that job. My brother lost a finger when he was a crabber and has told me many times that he is lucky he is alive from all of the storms they experienced. My heart goes out to those families..............
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

The price of Crab...

I've watched that show too. To think of all the times I've b*tched about the cost of it!

I know one of the guys on that boat was pretty young & has a new baby.
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

The price of Crab...

Thanks Jude.

Comment

Working...
        X