Help me if you can Im feelin down..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been reading alot of posts from folks that abs just does not work for them, because it usually leads back to the same ugly place, over indulgence, sick and depressesd. Not keeping drink in the house has never been a problem for me, I enjoy the company of other drinkers and I think that makes it seem ok, Sort of like the show "Cheers" , where everybody knows your name, and there always glad you came. I bet they never had an episode where one of the regulars got stopped and put in jail for DUI....
    sorry to go so, just seem to be struggling with my drinking, but i think the troubled marriage with the wife is a major issue. Help meeeeeeee........Beatles "66

Hi Newstart,
    What exactly is it about your drinking you are struggling with right now? I'm not clear from your post how to help.
    Dove

Comment

Hi Newstart, welcome!!! I can't speak for abs because its not on my agenda. But the Mods has worked extremely well for me. I began by setting challenging, but realistic daily goals. Then I would come here and discuss what was working and what wasn't and why. If I were getting into a scenario where I knew I was going to be struggling, I would ask for support and advice from this forum -- there is a wealth of knowledge amongst this group -- and they are loving, caring people who are ready to share their time and information -- and I love everyone here because no one sits in judgment of anyone else. And we all appreciate what a struggle it is!!! As I achieve one goal, I move onto the next, so it gets better and better. But you have to realize that it will be up-and-down, but hopefully, on an upward trend.

So, start with a small goal, test it, and see how it goes. The marriage thing is a bummer, but maybe if she knows that you are giving it a sincere try, maybe things will turn around.

Good luck!

MM
      Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Hi and welcome,

I too began with abs and then overindulging as a sort of reward at weekends but at least it was a start and led to me deciding to cut down.

It takes time but you have made a start and like Mighty Mouse says, setting yourself realistic goals helps. :welcome:
        Enough is enough

Comment

Hi Newstart, how are you doing today? We're here if you'd like to talk!

MM
          Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Newstart, as a man who tried mods and then switched to abs, I can tell you abs is a lot easier because you rarely have to think about drinking. Of course, I've had some slip ups, but I used to drink almost everyday and I can proudly say that I've been drunk only six times in the last 28 days!

I suggest you get some supps, some campral, exercise and see how you do. It can't hurt to try. Good luck on whatever path you choose!

Comment

I have tried moderate drinking for many years and always went back to the out of control pattern. But everyone is different and it appears from this site there are others who have been able to moderate and are happy. Each one of us is different. Only time will tell my friend. golfgirl

Comment

Newstart,
                Problems in your life really makes things harder ! I had to deal with my first marriage....my parents were married all they're lives & I thought that's the way you were suppose to be. So the quilt was killing me ! I felt like a loser. Had a lot of bad dreams ! You just have to say to yourself...hay I did all I could do & carry on. Read & Post thier are a lot of people here than can help. :welcome: IAD
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                X