July Modders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July Modders

Hey it's July already..forgot to start a new thread.

Lila thanks for the encouraging words. Your comment was really interesting and I definitely believe in positive encouragement. If I beat myself up, I tend to give up easily ( which feeds my all or nothing attitude). I am learning to moderate with everything again..food, alcohol, spending time by myself etc. I also love my garden too. I am growing peas, carrots, tomatoes and salad. I did have strawberries but the birds keep eating them. Very annoying!

THM- I will take a look at this thread. Well done on your workout. What is your exercise routine? I have lost a total of 8 pounds in 12 weeks. Really happy with that as I have not deprived myself at all.
    Be strong-
    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

July Modders

Rebirth
    thanks for starting the new thread. Eight pounds in 12 weeks! That is great, not starvation when you lose muscle.
    I just got back from a bike ride again. I really can tell I am working muscle.
    I wish summer would never end!
    Hope everyone is doing well...I had a rough day today, but moods pass, and disappointments are gotten over, what is a bad day one day is soon forgotten, right?
    L

Comment

July Modders

Absolutely Lila. When i have a bad day I just think that things will change and the next day is a new day.
      And it is so true. Every day is a new day!

Cycling is excellent cardio. It works your legs and your core muscles. And it burns some serious calories!I may get a bike to cycle to work..hmmm. Something to think about.

Anyway have a great weekend. Will post later about it as I am off to Legoland with my son. It's his birthday. x
      Be strong-
      We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

July Modders

Hi! 1 week of July gone already! Today I R/W 4.5 miles, then did some yoga stretches. Incorporated library stop at end of walk as Easy Way to Control Drinking was on hold for me. Would like to hit pool later and start reading but not sure, the packing boxes are calling my name. Maybe some of each as in "moderation".

Rebirth: I try do 3-4 miles daily, one day I run/walk it; next day I just walk it. I have osteoporosis in my hips (genetic) and if I try running everyday they will talk to me at night. Hard enough time sleeping as is because of no or at least a lot less alcohol. My bike is at our home in FL so only biking I can do now is on stationery and that doesn't appeal to me in the summer. I also do home exercise tapes, Firm, Slim Series, etc. Have some Jillian Michaels but find them too high aerobic for me now. Have fun at Legoland! Reminds me we need to put together a b.d. outing for grandson before moving. He will be 6 in Aug. He loves Mall of America but again, have an aversion to being indoors. Guess I get that from living in the midwest all of my life where we only get about 3-4 months of nice weather or so it seems.

Lila - how you doing today? Speaking of biking, that is one thing we are lucky in these parts, nice jogging and bike trails.
        The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

July Modders

I had a bad day yesterday and still today. Still upset about something, and waiting to bounce back, be my usual happy self. I am reading some Julia Ross books, diet cure and mood cure, and have been taking amino acids like crazy. I seem to have all the mood problems! The good thing I didn't want to drink at all, all that stuff really does take away cravings. The bad thing? I still feel bad.
          My daughter and I are going to the beach right now. It is so hot.
          tmh - are you pretty excited to move? Imagine, no more awful winters!
          rebirth - how fun! legos are great!
          L

Comment

July Modders

Lila - Any better today? Like you say the good thing is it's not causing you to drink. That's something to be happy about. It was hot yest. Loved it! How was the beach? Refreshing? Played 18 holes of golf mid afternoon. Yes, am very excited to move. It seemed right the very first day we drove into development. One of those things you just know.
            Rebirth - have new legos at your house? Sounds like a special day for your son.
            Eve - still vacationing?
            TMH

Comment

July Modders

Hi Lila and TMH,

Just come back from a weekend in Legoland. It's a huge amusement park near London. My son and I had a ball. My drink intake was healthy but I really overate on the doughnuts! When i overeat I feel absolutely CRAP!
              Anyway, its back to my healthy food again and I am looking forward to my exercise this weekend. Funny how my body craves the exercise now.

Lila can you pinpoint why you are sad? Do you know what it is making you feel this way?

TMH- Golf is a great relaxation game. I have never tried it. just mini golf!
              Be strong-

Comment

July Modders

Another day mostly gone all day (hard to get any packing done that way) LOL Did my w/o this a.m., then went to see 4 month old gd, then had book club lunch and helped a friend with ALS; we went for a 2 mile walk, she in her wheelchair. her Helping Paws or service dog and I.

Rebirth, In the States we have Lego stores; I thought you were going to go buy a new Lego set for him. Amusement park sounds like a lot more fun. Sure you're right back on the healthy wagon. I have found golf to be more physically and mentally challenging than I ever thought. Used to say I'll play golf when I'm too old to run - here I am! Path we walked this afternoon took us around a mini golf course.

Comment

July Modders

Hey TMH you are not old!

I had a great workout last night and today I am taking my mother out for dinner. It's her birthday and I have booked a table at a lovely restaurant. There will be NO wine for me tonight as it falls in the week. And I dont drink during the week. But I will eat desert. Cant say no to that. x
                  Be strong-

Comment

July Modders

Just come back from the restaurant. The meal was delicious! My mum wanted us to share a bottle of wine but I told her that I give my body a rest from AL during the week. So we celebrated with glasses of diet coke.
                    We still had a ball. Nite folks. x
                    Be strong-

Comment

July Modders

Rebirth - Wow! You are the most disciplined person I know!!! WTG, I mean after all your Mum's b.d. is a special occasion, I'll bet she is so proud of you!

TMH

Comment

July Modders

Aww thanks TMH,

To be honest my mum doesnt know how much of a problem I had with my drinking. She always knew that I drank too much but wasnt concerned. On the outside I looked like I was in control. I had (still have) a thriving business and I am a good mum in her eyes. She never knew about the drinking I secretly did at home or the weekends I would blackout when out partying. She would have been horrified!

I didnt drink alot when I was in her company so yesterday seemed normal to her.

BUT! I am proud of myself!! Thats what counts. I could have drank but decided there was no point.I also had no desire for AL. I was quite happy to stay AF till the weekend.

What a change in me. Unbelieveable. I dont know where this comes from because a year ago I couldnt last 24 hours without drinking. I use to wake up every morning determined not to drink that day and by 3 pm I would falter and give in...and cry alot. What a change. Astounding.

I still have to pinch myself that I have not had a hangover for over a year. It use to be regular weekend occurence. I dont know how I manged to carry on with my daily routine in that AL fog. I guess I just did the bare minimum that I needed to do.
                        Be strong-

Comment

July Modders

Just thinking about the quantity of wine I use to drink.
                          Just over a year ago it use to be 28 to 32 bottles a month and now its dropped to 4 to 6 bottles . My liver must be thanking me!
                          Be strong-

Comment

July Modders

sorry about the rambling.Just having a grateful moment that I have my drinking under control. I feel blessed because I know how hard it is to quit or drink less. I have had to climb mountains to get to here. Slowly but surely...
                            Be strong-

Comment

July Modders

Awesome Rebirth! That is one hell of an achievement. Long termers often advise newbies to look around for someone on here who has what they want and then follow the same steps they took. Well, you've got/are doing what I want and if you can do it, I can do it!

Thanks for the inspirational example.
                              Bean

Comment

Working...
                              X