Monday, December 18th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, December 18th

Good morning everybody!!! Sorry I have been away from the forum. It has been sooooooo busy!!!! Well, I gained five lbs this weekend. During Channakah, the traditional foods include potatoe latkes (very fattening potatoe pancakes), doughnuts, fudge, and tea cakes -- as you can tell by my weight -- I thoroughly enjoyed them all!!! I'm still within my weight range -- I have a tendency to gain and lose five lbs a lot!! So this week, I'm back on my Perricone diet and a lot of walking!!!!! (starting this morning!!)

Missed you all. Hope everybody has a great day!!!

MM:h :H
    Saving the day one minute at a time!

Monday, December 18th

Hey MM, looks like we're posting at the same. Ya know what they say about great minds....

Me thinks I'll have to look into the Perricone book. Have you ever checked out Fat Flush.. same sort of principals (low Glycimic values, good fats, cranberry juice with water every morning for it's mega antioxidents, etc) She also believes in jumping on a mini trampoline to shake out your glands and rid toxins... and she's got a great cookbook (where I first learned of cauliflower as a mashed potato sustitute when trying to lower my carbs.... no, I'm not a no-carb gal, but I am diabetic so I try to keep my total carbs low and multigrain, low glycimic, etc)

Okay MM, I have GOT to get to work... said that about 20 minutes ago... yikes.

Take care, Olly

Comment

Monday, December 18th

Hi MM and Olly...

I have not been great at getting to the gym! Been working lots...sooo going to meet my trainer at 7pm tonight. And my new committment is to go to the gym every day thru Sat. I'm going out of town Sat afernoon and won't be back until Tues.
      MM- don't feel too bad...I had fries today at lunch and they were so good. But enough of that for now. I'm working out every day possible before Christmas.

That time of year I guess!
      Hope you guys are doing great.....any new committments for you? or as we say in the South- ya'll?

Comment

Monday, December 18th

AAAAARRRRHHHH!!!!

Grrrrr!

Just powered through not two, not three, but four sets of lower body weights.

15 reps on calf raise, and 12 reps each on quads and hamstrings.

Leg muscles are pumped!! No skinny birdlegs right now!! Gonna be a bit sore tomorrow.

I think its time to up the weights. Progress!!

Will rest a bit here, and then do stretches.

Hanz and Franz! Vee... vill pump you up!! :H

Neil

Comment

Monday, December 18th

arrrgghhh from me too...

Hey-

Just got back from the gym. My new trainer apparently quit last week. But they put me with someone today anyway. She was about 5 feet tall and about 105 lbs. She said - ok we'll work out your legs tonight. Fine, whatever, I thought.
          Holy cow!! It is an hour later and I'm still breathing heavy! And it was all simple stuff. Lunges(lots of them), wall sits, calf raises, step test and some ab work. She did that exercise where I lie on my back legs in the air and she tries to push my legs to the ground really hard and my job is to not let them hit the floor.

Anyway...SOOOOO glad I went. And I think I have yet another trainer(not this girl but another guy) who can meet me at 5Am on a regular basis.

Neil......you still pumped up???
          whew! what a workout! That was the toughest I've had from about 4 trainers.
          fun though. I feel great!!

5am is super early. I decided I'll just sleep in my workout clothes, roll out of bed throw on my shoes and hit the door. That way I can sleep until 4:40.

Headed to bed. Olly...can I get a bugle call at 5am for in the morning? I'm going to get in and do that eliptical thingy.
          Oh...one more thing. I did the omicron fat % thing again and it registered 31.1% - Started at 33.8% on 10/28. Progress! I want to be in the 20's soon.

Night all ! Thanks for letting me share.

Comment

Monday, December 18th

updater:

Lisa..alas, at my age, the pump dissappears fairly quickly. 20 minutes later, and back to regular. Although for that short period, the boost is always great. Those who pump iron will know what that's about.

Dinner: Tunafish on whole wheat toast with sprouts. Lots of sprouts.

Stretches: Did the whole 16 set of Meridians, and once again, got zapped. Incredible. For some reason, those stretches really raise my core temperature, and I break a sweat. Also, during the deep exhales, I am breaking up some up of those 20 million cigarettes I've smoked over the last 35 years. Cardio does pretty good for getting those old ciggies out of my lungs, but these stretches actally seem to flex the lungs and rib cage to a high degree. Anyway, I can sure breath deeper and the air seems to more easily get in and out of me after a set of those. Highly recommended for healing past damage from chemical abuse of any kind I think.

Meditation: Intense urge to go into the brain waves zone. Another 12 to 2 cycles per second ramp over 30 minutes. Limbs very loose and light. Arms floated away. Meditation thoughts: Why do lots of people spend tens of thousands of dollars on their homes to impress neighbors, and begrudge their real house (their body) even a hundred dollars worth of care?

Right now: Peeled a tangerine. The grocery store had some most excellent tangerines, and I bought a whole bunch of them. I peeled a couple, and put the segments in a little bowl. Then I can snack on them for my bedtime snack.

Tomorrow: Would really like to take a bike ride on the Schwinn before the weather gets brutal again. Everyone have a better one. Manana!

P.S. 1.5 mg melatonin, and about 4 cc of passion flower extract. I am feeling very, very sleeeeeeeeeeppppyyyyy..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Monday, December 18th

updater:

Lisa..alas, at my age, the pump dissappears fairly quickly. 20 minutes later, and back to regular. Although for that short period, the boost is always great. Those who pump iron will know what that's about.

Dinner: Tunafish on whole wheat toast with sprouts. Lots of sprouts.

Stretches: Did the whole 16 set of Meridians, and once again, got zapped. Incredible. For some reason, those stretches really raise my core temperature, and I break a sweat. Also, during the deep exhales, I am breaking up some up of those 20 million cigarettes I've smoked over the last 35 years. Cardio does pretty good for getting those old ciggies out of my lungs, but these stretches actally seem to flex the lungs and rib cage to a high degree. Anyway, I can sure breath deeper and the air seems to more easily get in and out of me after a set of those. Highly recommended for healing past damage from chemical abuse of any kind I think.

Meditation: Intense urge to go into the brain waves zone. Another 12 to 2 cycles per second ramp over 30 minutes. Limbs very loose and light. Arms floated away. Meditation thoughts: Why do lots of people spend tens of thousands of dollars on their homes to impress neighbors, and begrudge their real house (their body) even a hundred dollars worth of care?

Right now: Peeled a tangerine. The grocery store had some most excellent tangerines, and I bought a whole bunch of them. I peeled a couple, and put the segments in a little bowl. Then I can snack on them for my bedtime snack.

Tomorrow: Would really like to take a bike ride on the Schwinn before the weather gets brutal again. Everyone have a better one. Manana!

Comment

Working...
              X