Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alcoocholism damages at incetible persons..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firstly i am sorry about my auful spelling and use of grammar and generaly the point of each paragraph, but i have many years to write something in english or talk either

I red the posts and i like the way you think and react in these occasions. My mum have beeing drinking alcohol before i was born. She has got divorce 3 times and grow a child (me) by herself, she did it very well. But she has problems (i don't know the exact word in english) like she can't do nothing and she doesn't worth anything and she does always mistakes etc...Nobody in my family since i remember never said to her bravo cause of her type of life, they thought it s wrong and her life wasn't acceptable in third persons! I m saying all this because she is a great person and i don't want to make her seem a person to blame for in other people..
    When she drinks she becomes another person, she is very agressive and specially whith me. She got hurt by driving several times in bad crashes, i am afraid when i am not at home that she may get hurt etc.
    I came up in many ways to hepl her but nothing helped...lately i convinced her to see a doctor, cause when she is not drunk she understands how bad it is for herself. I don't see any reasolts yet and i don't know what else to do, noone from family cares and it s me that i have to take the dessisions, it is not easy i am 20 years old, and i feel like i am 80 and have to look after my 13een sister!
    Its a pitty because except from she is my mum and i love her to death, she is an incredible person and i don't like to see her like this.

I know how hard this is because i was using drugs a big period of my life and i almost died, she doesn't know it! this is good, but i got over it by myself and now i feel more alive and i love life more than i did! i hope she understand this for her addiction before is too late, because you know that problems like that don't increase step by step, after a period they can become worse and has no turning back many times..

it is not a good story and i don't meen to end this message so miserable (whith my grammar becomes more misserable :P) I thing that we can always turn thing upsite down but we need to try hard for that and only ourselves can take this disision.

thanks for your time

language translation tool

Comment

Hello FairyAcid
      You are very brave writing in a language that ia not your own so don't worry about the spelling or grammar, it was OK.
      My mother was also an alcoholic. For many years her family would not talk to her because she was always drunk. She died of lung cancer 4 years ago but before she did, she made friends with all her family again. I know that she always loved me and my brother and sisters, she just couldn't control herself.
      You seem like a lovely caring person. I hope you get what you need from here.
      Thank you for your message
      :welcome:
      :thanks:

Comment

Γειάσου πάλι. Σας ευχαριστούμε πάλι για το γενναίο και τίμιο μήνυμά σας. Ελπίζω ότι μπορούμε να σας βοηθήσουμε.

Comment

Thanx for your welcome Paul, i really apriciate it

I m sorry about your mother, but i m glad that she made up her relasionships whith the rest of your family it needs courage to do this you know And also needs courage ( from you ) to take part in a forum like that and want to help people whith this problem.

I don't know if it is brave of me writing here or an action of dispeare!! I thought that i could handle the occassion but it is hard when you have to deal whith an addiction especialy when it is not yours. I made it, so i thought it will be more easy whith my mother, but it is not.

I have tried to talk to her whith calm voice (when she is not drunk), she alwas says that i m right..in the morning you know, then she gets drunk..I talk to her whith the 'bad way'. I don't want to leave the house and say to her that when she is calm and stops drinking i will come back, it could be a way but very risky!! I stay whith her when she is not drunk, i try to do things like go for a walk, get out at night in cafe whithout drinking but nothing seems to help...

So i decided to see the ways other people handle these sort of situations..I don't know but it is hmm..i think the word i want to say is cozy here and i thing hasn't got right spelling! I hate when language is not used corectly but I can only do it in greek!

thnx again!! and thnx for the answer in greek

Comment

Hi FairyAcid

Welcome

Does your Mom speak or write English? You could show her this site and let her tour around and read.
            Sometimes someone writes something that touches your heart and the turn around begins - or at least feels more possible.

If your Mom just uses Greek, is there something like this site out there in her language? I know when I first found this haven last February, I felt such hope and relief - and have felt "cozy" - excellent word.

Keep coming here for you too - there's always someone awake.

Go well,

Helen

Comment

Hi Fairy Acid and Welcome:flower: ,

You're a brave and thoughtful daughter to come here. My prayers & thoughts are with you, especially at this time of year...:h

Like Helen suggested, is there anyone who could maybe translate for Mom? Or possibly you could read some to her, if she might be interested...

You could always start out with some of the jokes from the "Laughing out Loud" section, just to get her to listen...straightening out your life isn't all seriousness all of the time.

But it is something that needs to be taken seriously, at least where your health, and safety, family,you know.... all these important things that get misplaced in the perspectives list with too much drinking.
              I hope you continue to post & let us know how you're doing. You need support too Sweetie. It's a lot to take on, caring for someone else. My thoughts are with you.
              :lJudie
              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Dear, Dear FairyAcid,
                You are the best daughter any Mother could have. But being just 20 yrs old my dear, this cannot and is not your sole responsiblity. You must go out & seek professional help for both your Mum & yourself. You cannot manage this alone.

I am glad you had the drug experience (LSD &all )& underatand it (I hope ) for what was. Alcoholism is an entirely different thing..as you know.

You are brave and so very intelligent my dear. But please get some professional help ..
                Let me know ..OK?

Love to you..Chrysa
                Please send me an email mesage anytime (User CP-->send message)..OK I admit it.. I have children in their twenties..Hang in .. You are strong & your life will be fine..

Comment

I m sorry that i didn't answer many days, thank u all

You are all so kind and willing to help, i'm not used to it !!

I don't know if my mom will be positive to join a forum, i don't think she is ready to accept that she has a serious problem! But I will try it!

The last days were awful..that s why i didn't said to you thanks for everything earlier. I must have done it and i' m very sorry..

She has been seeing a doctor one year now, i convinced her to do it, but i haven't seen any changes, so i decided to go whith her in a meeting. I asked him (my mon was in front and it was difficult for me to express myself whithout hurting her!) what can i do for the situation, he said just to be close to her in the first steps, and if 2 months pass away whithout my mom drink it is a good sign, or else he can't see her any more and she has to go to another doctor or at a center of alcoolists (i don't know how the english word is!). And she can use some medicines to help her..
                  I decided to stay home whith her, go for a walk.. the morning everithing is perfect, i am whith my mother, but in the afternoon everithing become hell..I try very hard to be one more time pacient but as time passes it is getting harder..

But ok you give me great hopes I already feel much much better. I don't know how else can i thank you :thanks: you are all adorable

Comment

FairyAcid,

We are here to help you and your mum in any way we can. And "alcoolists" is ok - I think I know what you mean.

And no - it is not us, it is YOU who is adorable for caring so much for your mother. That is so beautiful. Thank you.

Comment

Fairyacid.....

You are such a special daughter.........

Be there for your mum, that is the best that you can ever do.....

Special love & Hugs, Paula :h :l :h
                      sigpicXXX

Comment

you make words sound so sweet and cozy and nice and and...I have never got so much courage from anyone especially with such big distance between us! ok I'm starting to get very emotional..

Thanks a lot again and again and again!!!

Comment

Fairy Acid,
                          :santa: Merry Christmas to you and your Mom! I hope have a wonderful day together!:wings: :danthin:

:l Judie

Comment

Thank u Jude!

Merry Christmas to all of you, I hope you had a gorgeous day I had a good day!

Here is a Christmas card I found for all of you. check it out it is nice
                            Merry Christmas card ( - Christmas - games ) :: Games :: ????????? :: asxetos.gr (Just click on the dears )

:santa: :h

Comment

:H Thanks Fairy! That's so cute! Loved it.:h

Comment

Working...
                              X