Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being real

What does it mean to be real?
    Being ?real? is the result of being transformed by the love of God. It?s not about wealth, or beauty, or power. Heck, most of the time it?s suffering, failing, and waiting. Maybe that?s why we sometimes miss it. I think the wise old horse in the classic children?s story The Velveteen Rabbit says it well. As he explained to the stuffed bunny:

?It doesn?t happen all at once?You become. It takes a long time. That?s why it doesn?t often happen to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don?t matter at all, because once you are Real you can?t be ugly, except to people who don?t understand.?

Be real. Open yourself up to God and His transforming power.

?Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.? - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Being real

couldn't agree more

You have such beautiful spiritual posts...Thank you!

Comment

Being real

I love it, Nancy.
      Thank you.

Comment

Being real

thanks nancy
        :l

Comment

Being real

Oh Belle,
          Just love it! Once when I was in seminary we were asked to say in one sentence "What God is to you?" I muttered "transforming love" or "transformation through love" .. I didn't even know where that came from. A few in the group were stunned, including me, and liked it. I have never forgotten that.

And oh my favorite -- The Veleveteen Rabbitt..I must get that for us for Xmas ..
          God Bless Nancy...C

Comment

Being real

The Velveteen Rabbit...........why don't we all get that for each other for Christmas every year?? Just LOVE that story and one of my best friends in life gave it to me.....Thanks, a memory to be sure! My

Comment

Working...
            X