Confused Elderly Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused Elderly Driver

Sitting on the side of the highway waiting to catch speeding drivers, a police officer saw a car puttering along at 22 kmh. He said to himself, "This driver is just as dangerous as a speedster!"

So he turned on his lights and pulled the driver over. Approaching the car, he noticed that there were five old ladies ? two in the front seats and three in the back - wide eyed and white as ghosts.

The driver, obviously confused, said to him, "Officer, I don't understand. I wasn't speeding. What seems to be the problem?"

"Ma'am," the officer replied, "you weren't speeding, but you should know that driving slower than the speed limit can also be a danger to other drivers."

"Slower than the speed limit? No sir, I was doing the speed limit exactly. Twenty-two kilometres an hour!" the old woman said a bit proudly.

The police officer, trying to contain a chuckle, explained to her that 22 was the highway number, not the speed limit. A bit embarrassed, the woman grinned and thanked the officer for pointing out her error.

"But before I let you go, ma'am, I must ask... is everyone in this car OK? These ladies seem awfully shaken and they haven't let out a peep this whole time," the officer asked.

"Oh, they'll be all right in a minute officer. We just got off Highway 189."
    Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! KISS SLOWLY Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. sigpic

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

?Oh no....he's awake!! Cos he's bleeding sober again
Working...
X