Bugle Call... Tuesday Dec 19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:wd: Rise and shine all you healthy, happy fitters!!

Lisa, I arranged the bugle call just for you. Yikes... 5:00am at the gym? Heck, I would have to bring my sleeping bag and sleep THERE! You go girl!! And congrats on the lowered body fat. woo-hoo. You're my inspiration for today. A few years ago , during the late Spring - summer months, I'd do my morning walk at 5:00am with my friend (while our babies were still sleeping with at home with our husbands) and it was truly a magical experience. I felt so renewed to be out and about in the silence of the morning, watching the sunrise and feeling the peace of a new day.

Way to go Neil!! Do you have a gym set up at home or do you go to a traditional gym? Are you sore today?? Take anything special to relieve muscle soreness?

I'm opting for a power walk today in the almost freezing weather. It hasn't snowed here yet!! Unbelievable... makes it even harder to believe Christmas is less than a week away. But, while the country roads are clear and easy to walk/jog I'm going to take a "walk and meditate" cruise through the rolling hills and beautiful Swiss farm houses. As much as I will need to bundle up, I'm sure to break a sweat just getting dressed.

Have a good one all,

huffing and puffing..
    Olly

Thanks Olly!!
    I managed to get to the gym by 5:40 this morning. Warmed up and then stretched and then did 22 min on the eliptical.
    Met my new trainer Quinn. Big muscle man! I'm meeting him this Thur at 5am! Yea- so happy to have someone meet me in the mornings. 5am is ambitious but I'm pretty excited about it.

Olly- I want to come for a walk with you....can I come? can I? Sounds just like you said - magical.
    I love early morning but I am not a morning person. But now I wonder if I'm not a morning person because I was a late night drinking person...hmmmm.

Pretty sure I will be sore tomorrow. I usually have a one day delay.
    Becca - thought about you this morning doing 3 miles on the eliptical machine. I can manage 2 miles and maybe just a bit more. Haven't made it to 3 yet. So are the shins better?

Barb? Mona? whatcha doing today??
    Have a great day everyone!
    lisa

Comment

oops....and MM! where are you today?

Capto? out walking?

And hi Neil! hope you're having a good day too

Lisa

Comment

I kinda feel guilty because I have the stair master in the living room, I watch ER, and Judging Amy while I climb up a sweat! But it's just too darn rainy around here most of the time (this time of year) to get out much...
        I just need to mount the lap top on it so i can chat while I'm climbing
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Hey Now Judie, you may be on to something... an invention in the making... for all the time I spend sat in front of my computer... hm? Let me know when you get it figured out!!

Olly

Comment

OK, better late than never!! You have inspired me!! I am going to walk for an hour this afternoon and dance tonight!

Love you all!

Monica
            Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

I do have a "Pilates Magic Circle", that works great for while sitting @ the puter. Or even standing...

Comment

Judie... magic circle? and that would be.... what?

Yeah MM!!! Go Girl.

Olly

Comment

The Magic Circle is an exercise ring. It's about 15" across the center, with padded handles on the inside & out, for your hands or legs, depending how you want to use it.

You can squeeze it between your knees while sitting or standing, or hold it out in front of you @ shoulder height & squeeze your arms in... also you can stand & put it below your butt & lift your foot pulling your leg up behind you (this one kills your hamstring!) It's very versitle...

Comment

thanks... I'll search the net... I'm pretty sure I get the picture. I'm afraid I'd put it over my head, wear it on my shoulders and call it jewlery!

Olly

Comment

Hi folks:

Olly: Yep, I have a home gym, or "torture chamber" I call it. Full weight bench, with all the attachments, and a magnetic resistnance bike in there too. TV on the wall, gym style. Also an inversion machine, and an ab-lounge. The ab-lounge is of questionable value, so I am thinking of canning it in favor of a nice treadmill next year.

Yep, I'm a bit sore in the legs today. Overdid it I'm afraid. Energy level went "clunk!" about mid-morning today, and I will adjust by going light on the cardio. Very light, no runs over 130 beats per minute. Just low fat burn zone, and thats it.

Burn out occurs when I get "gung-ho" everyday, and been there done that. To keep consistent, I have to know when to back off, and when to hammer it.

Going to take it easy tonight!

Neil

Comment

Hey Neil, I have an Ab Lounge too. Haven't noticed much difference with it though. It's comfortable to sit in for doing my hypno CD's!:H Other than that, it doesn't even seem to make my stomach sore! I figure I must be doing it wrong! But I do 2 or 3 x what the dvd suggests!

I think just a plain old chin up bar is much better, just hold the old legs straight out horizontal for a while....

Comment

maybe it's really just a lounge chair...hmmm

I have a leather one in my living room but I call it a recliner

Comment

Ah! I just had an idea.

The ab-lounge has some exposed steel tubes, about 1" in diameter on the sides for handles. I could mount a joystick and throttle quad on the side tubes. Then lock those foot rests down, and put rudder pedals on them somehow. I can convert it into a specialty flight simluator chair. Cool!

Jude, I also found that the thing (ab-lounge) only stressed the muscles a bit when I was completely out of shape. Now that I have a bit better abdominal strength, it doesn't do anything anymore. It only got me to a certain level. Anyway, leg lifts with ankle weights, and crunches are the ticket now. I'm also probably going to get a Roman chair one of these days.

Tomorrow is last work day until January 3rd. Now I AM pumped. Plant shut-down for holidays, and it will be oh so good. 2006 was hard work I tell you. Ready for a little trip out west to see the parents for Christmas, and all the relatives. Lots of miles to drive, and time to forget about making a living for a while.

Night-night.

Neil

Comment

Happy travels Neil

Neil
                              Hope you have a great trip out West and a wonderful Christmas and New Year! Hope you can "pop in" in the interim, but if not, look forward to hearing from you next year!

Best wishes
                              Blondie

Comment

Working...
                              X