Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheels

Right guys
    This forum has been quiet for waaaaay too long, so I'll start a thread about some 'guy' stuff.
    What kind of car have you got? To get things started......
    I have a Fiat Punto....a tiny runaround that suited my purposes entirely until my granddaughter was born and I discovered that the baby car seat won't fit through the door unless it's tipped at a really strange angle. It is 6 years old, has done 56000 miles and has already on it's third clutch. The fastest it has ever been was (don't tell the cops) 96 mph, down a very steep hill with a following wind.
    Beat that........

Wheels

At last!

Hi Paul
    Well done! Was going to give you guys a gee up to post something in here so that we could "eavesdrop", prod, poke fun and generally just hijack a congenial chat amongst guys!! Hmm, not much to go on with cars, but I'm sure it won't take long before that'll be turned round

BTW mine is a very old Ford LTD but still manage to quietly drag off those boy racers at the lights :H
    Blondie

Comment

Wheels

Oh Blondie, can't you have great fun at those lights.....I love doing that.......I have a small Nissan Micra, 3years old, I sit there , hopefully the first car, in the right hand lane, some boy racer, or even better, someone flash in a BMW is the first car next to me in the left hand lane, revving their engine, waiting for the green light, now I have those lights timed to a split second, and suddenly......ZOOOOOOOM........and I'm away, leaving them standing, it's great fun....it's even better if the boy racer has some friends in his car, fancy, being beaten by a 59 year old WOMAN in a MICRA......

Sorry that just was not technical enough for this post...right let me compose my self....%%$?^&*((()_%^$?.. ok thats better, have my serious head on now.....hubby put air in my front tyres last night, told me the pressure should read 30....30 what ??? 30 buttons...30 beans.... 30 lights on a Christmas tree.....I think I'll stick to beating boy racers away from the lights...

BTW Paul, the fastest I ever drove in the Micra was 98 MPH......I was driving to Stockport for a visit, first time on the motorway, about 7.30 am Sunday morning so hardly any cars and I thought, wonder what it feels like, felt quite good till my son quietly said...." mum don't you think 98 MPH is just a bit too fast? "....never done it since, but it was exciting.

Love Louise xxx
      A F F L..
      Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Wheels

Hi Louise
        Had to check what your speeds were in kms!! No wonder your son was "concerned"
        Better still, when they EVENTUALLY catch up; then at the next lights they're revving like crazy (a bit of pride at stake here) and they take off as you just casually move away this time! :H

OK,Sorry Paul, I know, we've spoiled it with silly girlie stuff...back to you guys...
        Blondie

Comment

Wheels

Oh but Blondie, those two lanes, after the first set of lights filter into ONE lane before the next set, so picture this, not only did I beat them at the lights, but now they are behind me, and being a law abiding citizen, who obeys all the rules ( may god forgive me ) I drive at 30 MPH all the way into town.

Yes sorry lads, right, Blondie and myself have finished discussing the serious issues raised by this post so all you males can now be as frivolous as you like....ha ha ha.
          A F F L..
          Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Wheels

Oh Paul what have you done by starting this thread............ you'll never shut me up......

I drive a Mitsubishi L200, which is strange cos im only 4feet 11 tall and get some strange looks when i'm climbing into it.

However our summer car is a 22 year old Mercedes 280 SL convertible............... i absolutely love it.......

Sorry but now you've started this I have to post a pic..............

Paula xx
            sigpicXXX

Comment

Wheels

I drive my "88" GMC 4x4 Pick-Up, which I got for $100! Runs great, has an awsome stereo(Hubby owns the local Radio Shack), and gets me, my doggie & my kayak(which has a nice water proof stereo too), to the river just fine!!
              Actually, I call it my $50 dollar truck, because the guy I bought it from ...when we asked how much he wanted for it, he said to my Hubby, "For you Scott, $50 bucks". Which Scott said, "Oh heck I'll give ya $100":H Runs great, and it's 4 wheel drive so I can get out on the river bar or beach easily, close to the water!
              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Wheels

I'll bet ya can't beat the milleage:H

Comment

Wheels

My God Fan, you on that bike and me in my Micra, we can take on the world, but tell you what, wait till tomorrow, it's far to foggy tonight.
                  A F F L..
                  Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Wheels

Good thread Paul..

I've never been fortunate enough to be able to choose a car...I've sort of ended up with em...At the moment i'm driving my mums old Citeron Xsara... 1.8i...Its quick enough but i feel like i should grow breasts for it to suit me.....Better than the bus though..

Ok heres one.....Money no object...What would you drive?
                    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Wheels

I still have dreams about my old 1962 VW Van (Camper, of course...). First home I ever bought! Last I heard it's up in Whistler, BC.

My first real "Ticket to Freedom"!

Of course the Porche engine I had in it was wonderful... until I blew it up that time in Mexico...but it still made it home. just not as fast...

Comment

Wheels

Louise :H LOL what a picture!
                        Paula - my dream car!! How many times I've looked at buying one of these!!! beautiful!
                        But Mackeral!! Tut, tut! I hope you weren't inferring anything sexist there about the suitability of your car. And, ahem, having followed your recent, well, procedure... I wouldn't go hankering after new appendages just yet; you know what'll happen to them!!
                        OK no more rev-head car talk from me. Promise.
                        Bye
                        Blondie
                        Except, Louise, if said hoons are behind you in a right filter lane, then of course, being a woman, we can't managed to turn until just before the lights change or just before that next line of traffic, so they have to wait for the next change of lights :H

Comment

Wheels

uh-oh.

I have three cars. All for different stuff of course. The American Dream combo I call it.

1. Saturn SC-1, engineered and built right here in good old Tennessee. I have twiddled with it, and the last tankful got over 40 mpg. Daily driver.

2. Dakota, with the V8. A hard charging American built truck. Pull stumps, and haul the mail, rocks, dirt , lumber you name it. When I got things to carry!

3. Fiero, uh slightly modified. For those occasions when I want to go fast. Really fast, and have a good time doing it. The go-kart I never had as a child, I so dearly wanted. Once in a blue moon toy.

Did I mention that I'm a motor head? Won't go into all that, but I do all my own mechanic work, and have since I was a pup. Love those internal comlbustion boxes with 4 wheels.

Neil

edit: Oh yes, forgot to mention the real American Dream. They are all paid for!! Three titles, clear and away, all mine!!

Comment

Wheels

LOL Blondie.....no i started something now.....Got the surgery bug.....

Soon i'll be known as Waynetta...lol
                            I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                            One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Wheels

Hey Paula
                              My dad has a 1977 Mercedes 450 SLC. He bought it for ?7000 about 15 years ago and had a total restoration done on it. I have driven it a few times and it is awesome.
                              There was a problem with the oil pump a while back and he never got it fixed. It has been sitting in his drive for 6 years and has not turned a wheel. I am devastated.
                              xtexan
                              I have to admit I had to look up all the American cars to see what they look like.....not bad mate.....But my favourite is blondies, straight out of an episode of Kojak.

Comment

Working...
                              X