Pinksters Awesome AF August!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi again everyone xxx I had an amazing June, a challenging July and now i want/need an Awesome August!! I am posting this on the last day in July because of the time difference but i start tomorrow xx I haven't gained any weight since i lost my stone but i haven't lost any either so my aim and goals for August are:

NO ALCOHOL
    EXERCISE EVERY SINGLE DAY ( even if only a walk)
    As much CLEAN unprocessed food as possible
    Body Brushing every day
    Posting here every day to report and SUPPORT
    LOOSE at least another 7 pounds!
    Listen to CD,s every night
    Take supplements esp milk thistle daily
    Be MY very own BEST FRIEND and BE KIND to me

No pressure then lol! I have to set myself boundaries, rules and goals otherwise i float around but i know this is not for everyone, but if it suits you please join me and we can do this together!! LETS JUST DO IT!! I am sick of playing at it, I want to feel Fifty and Fabulous not Fifty and Forgotten!! Are you in?? If so what are your goals, cant wait to start this journey together , WE CAN DO IT xxx
    Keeps x:happyheart:

I'd like to join your group! I'm on day 3 AF and my goals are along the same line as yours (but not quite as broad). Mine are are to be AF in August (I'm on day 3.... I'm trying to break a bottle of wine a day habit) to walk every day, and to loose weight slowly by eating good healthy food.

I'm sick of yo-yo diets. I'm sick of eating low carb so I feel ok about alcohol calories. I'm 53 and want to lose about 20 pounds and one giant nasty monkey off my back.
    ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
    -----------------------------------
    Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Hi Pinksters- I am IN! :nutso:

Keeps my goals are pretty similar. Hi Irie, I am 45 with 20 pounds more to lose. Have lost about 7 since I started my AF journey in June. I was drinking 1/2 - 1 bottle of wine 4-6 nights a week for years. Feeling crap 4-6 days / week. :upset:
      My goals-

*Stick to a healthy lowish carb diet(am nearly done 14 days strict low-carb, need more variety now) of lean meats, fish, tofu, eggs, natural yoghurt, berries, nuts, linseeds & a small serve of oats mixed with protein powder in the mornings before my run.
      *No processed foods especially SUGAR- has a terrible effect on me.
      *Drinks lots of clean water & redbush tea all day, & fizzy water with lime juice & mint at night.
      *Stick to my marathon training program of 3 runs and 3 strength/crosstraining sessions/week.
      *Take my supplements every day.
      *Keep listening to CD & reading inspirational books etc.
      *Post here everyday.
      *Be honest with my feelings. Communicate my feelings- no more burying my thoughts in AL.
      *Nearly forgot- no alcohol!

Am hoping that with the above actions I will feel great & energetic. Would love to lose 2 pounds a week & a couple of inches off my waist- but can't control that part. Will just take continuous positive action & watch my body transform!
      I am 5'4" & weigh 11 stone 9 pounds (163 pounds). I feel very sluggish & wobbly. I have a wardrobe full of clothes that don't fit & it is getting me down big time. But I am going in the right direction. My blood pressure has improved greatly lately- would love to come off medication when the weight has gone.
      Am very excited about this thread- I wouldn't have made the progress I have made already without the support of all the Pinksters (our pet name for us fab women with similar health & fitness goals from a junk & AF life).

Who else is coming to join us for an incredibly Awesome August? :groupluv:
      SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Good Morning,

I'm in. Day71 for me AF. I have lost about 9 lbs. since being AF and I want to lose another 15.
        I'm basically on Weight Watchers. Lots of veggies, lean protein, tons of water and some sort of exercise days per week. I usually take Sunday off.
        So, here we go. I want to lose at least 5 lbs. this month.
        THOUGHTS become THINGS
        choose the GOOD
        ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Hello Keeps, Barb, Irie and Sarah Jane... hope you are all well.

I would like to join too if you'll have me. I tried the 30 days in June and made it half-way. Tried the 10 days out of 30 with Keeps in July and failed at that. I started my own thread and asked for joiners and also failed at that. But being the knucklehead that I am, I want to try again. I think the main reason is that I spend most of my waking hours thinking about my drinking or not drinking. So sick to death of that shallow focus when life offers so much more. Been jumping regularly on the mini-trampoline since I gave myself the new rule "I am not allowed to do my morning crossword puzzle until I have bounced for ten minutes." I have stuck to that for a week or so, hopefully, I'll add another ten minutes in the evening and continue to do more.

Lots of L-Glut.. hyno tapes, All-One smoothies, support here, what more can one ask for? It would be so embarrassing to have to report having failed again here... I really want this to work.

I wanna be a 'Mia'... she posts each day and has been A/F since we began in June.. so enthusiastic and alive...

Tips
          Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
          ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi Keeps, SJ, Irie,Barbara and Tips -:goodjob:
            I am definitely in. Thanks for starting the new post keeps.:h
            I managed 24 days AF before my holidays in July, then had 2 weeks of trying to mod but probably drank 7/14, which is however a huge improvement on 14/14 that I would normally do! 2 weeks in a caravan in Cornwall wasn't my idea of a perfect holiday with hubby, 18 year old daughter and boyfriend, very stroppy, balshie 15 year old and yellow labrador!
            I lost 10lbs before my holiday and managed to put back 7 over 2 weeks - and I thought I was being good!
            I'm going away with my sister to Spain in 3 weeks time - child free, hubby free zone. Beach, books, and relaxation.

so my goals

AF for 3 weeks (min)
            10lbs weight loss (min) in 3 weeks following the Clean & Lean Diet as closely as possible
            Red bush tea and water during the day, sparkling water with lemon/lime in the evening
            Exercise class min 2 x week
            exercise - walking etc every day
            Listen to the hypno CD's every day.
            Post here every day.

Tips - there is no such thing as failure, just knowing which things don't work and doing something different.
            If we don't make changes, we won't see changes.
            I'm 50 and want to loose 3 stone. (42lbs)

Really appreciate all the positive help and support here - :l
            lets all have an awesome August.

Glam

Comment

Ok girls ready to go, this is not for the feint hearted!!!

Yay :h:h:h:h hello pinksters and welcome back xxxxxx Tips, enough already of the self depreciation language ie knucklehead, failure etc, that is not allowed in awesome august, promise me!!!! We are ladies of a certain age who are going to be the best that we can be! So as i see it we have a lot to do, with NO goddamn excuses this month ! Irie, 20 pounds,:welcome: SJ , 20 pounds, Barb 5 pounds this month, Glam 3 stone in total and Tips AF for 31 days and MORE bouncing! Lets face it ladies its time to change! I also have another 7/10 pounds to go and we need to stop gazing at our navels and JUST get on with it and do it! We need to feel toned, strong, fit healthy and in control and none of us can do that with alcohol in our system thats why we are here, we cannot have alcohol full stop, it makes us weak and pathetic at times so ENOUGH, we can do this! Barb 71 blinking days absolutely amazing but you have to work that body now, Tips you are a MIA you just don't believe it yet! Sorry I sound so bossy but i am not messing this month so be here if you are serious and ready to work hard, we have it to do!!!! So I will be back in the morning with my whip (lol) but i am not in the mood for rewarding excuses only praising achievement, we all have a choice of how we behave so lets make the right ones for August and then we can reflect and see where we go from here! Get those trainers out girls, am loving your goals, AWESOME!!!! Will post my Day 1 plan tomorrow morning, sleep well Pinkies, i am so excited about our journey, xxxx

Comment

Just a quick clarification, I want to lose 20 pounds total ...I'd be happy with 5 pounds this month. No hurry on the weight loss. I'm pretty sure it will come off once I quit drinking 600-800 calories of wine every night! That plus adding exercise. I feel pretty good about how I eat, it's just that I'm always on a diet so that I can bank alcohol calories!

Also, Tips, I agree about beating yourself up. I "met" you on the 30 day challenge thread you started, and I failed too. But you know what? You must have mentioned the Pinksters a hundred times on that thread. They sounded like such a fun group, and so positive, that when I saw this thread starting this morning I jumped on the chance to join in. Now my vague resolve to start exercising is going to happen, and in a roundabout way it's because of you, so thanks!
                ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                -----------------------------------
                Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Hey Pinksters, I'm in for the long haul here! Looking forward to being part of the Pinksters again.
                  Have been away after falling of the wagon. Took the time needed to re-evaluate and adjust my plan. Feel I have everything in order now.
                  Before this I did not have MWO book or CDs. No supplements.
                  I have now read book, have and am using the 4 pack CDs, taking L-Glut 3 times daily, as well as multi-vitamin, Milk thistle, Evening primrose oil.
                  These are additional to what I had already been doing;i.e exercising, reading positive books, checking in and reading and posting here, and of course No Alcohol no matter what!
                  I did'nt want to come back here until I felt I was really ready - and I am. Keepwalking, I love your no-nonsense attitude for August. That is just what we need.
                  I am on Day 5 now. Have not had any cravings so far - can't believe it. Is it the L-Glut, CDs or everything combined? Not sure but I am following the plan as much as I can.
                  Felt very peaceful yesterday, which was my birthday. First birthday without alcohol in 26 years! Today feel really whacked out tired. Could that be the L-Glut?
                  Intend to get back to my swimming tomorrow.
                  I'm back girls and ready to kick ass!!!!
                  IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                  Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Hey Pinksters,

I'm ready. Welcome back Tips. Yes, quit yer yackin' about whatever it is you're bitchin' about. You know we love you and we don't say "fail" in our house (The Pinkster House).
                    So, let's go....I'm so serious about at least 5 lbs. this month. Maybe more....whadda ya think? :wave:
                    THOUGHTS become THINGS
                    choose the GOOD
                    ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Count me in for August! I'm 45, need to lose 20 lbs. I'm 12 days AF (ex-wino) and looking forward to Day 13 and the gym tomorrow.

My goals for August are:

No Alcohol
                      Running on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
                      Circuit Weight Training - Tuesday
                      Yoga and/or Kayaking - Thursday
                      Body Pump - Saturday
                      Bike Riding With Husband - Whatever nights during the week it's not hot as hell!
                      64 oz. of water daily (this will be hard for me)
                      Limit processed food and sugar (cutting out the wine has really helped with this)
                      Do Women for Sobriety daily
                      Invest in a new pair of running shoes (still doing research....recommendations are welcome)

I bought a new pair of pink running shorts, pink sports bra and pink top today (didn't realize this group was the Pinksters but it's fitting).

I really want to see some changes in my body and from what I've heard, most people start seeing them around the 3rd week AF....still dealing with a little wine bloat, even after 12 days AF.

Barb - I'm in for the 5 pounds this month......I think it's doable!!!!!

Tips - I'm so glad to see you on here again....we can do this!!!

Comment

I'm in!!!! Hi, Keeps, Irie, Sarah, Barb, Tipps, Glam, Daisy and Wine Sucks How the bloody hell is everyone? I have missed being a PINKSTER!! :l

I am on Day 68 AF and I have found the sixties a little hard but that is ok. I did not expect this to be all smooth sailing!

So I do not think I have lost any weight I have been sooooo lazy so Im back in with my new HOT PINK running shoes thats it that is my goal I have to get rid of my love handles!

I am so Glad to hear everyone is going AF for August! The rewards are mind blowing!

So look out over there you will see me running my butt of with my HOT PINK running shoes! :h

Talk tomorrow LOVE n LIGHT!

Comment

Hello my fellow Pinks:
                          I am definitely in for August. It is bedtime for me and I am really pooped ( ran 12 Kms and went for a bike ride as well) so will post my plan etc. tomorrow.
                          Good night my friends.
                          Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Monday 1st August (day 1 for me)

Good Morning yummy Pinksters, so great to be back, Daisy well done for picking yourself up, dusting yourself down and being ready to kick ass!! There will be a huge amount of kicking ass and working our butt off this month, its time to get serious xx Irie i never thought for one minute you were trying to loose 20 pounds in a month and you are quite right loose it slowly so it comes off and stays off! Hi to wine sucks :welcome:and a big bright hello to our wonderful Mia :goodjob: 68 days, she is catching you up Barb lol x Mia get those runners ready, NO excuses re exercise if you have joined here you have to commit to exercise every day in August, as i said even if only a 5 minute walk the trainers MUST go on, i am thinking that this month as well as rewards for doing good i will devise penalties for doing BAD! so any slip up girls and be prepared to do 10 star jumps/20 sit ups or even worse ha ha. 5 pounds is a great target for a monthly weight loss, i am going for more as i know i can do it when i set my mind to it so i am aiming for at least half a stone, clean and lean here i come ! So Mondays plan is:
                            walk/run
                            2 boiled eggs mashed up in a cup with a silver of butter, smidgen of salt and black pepper
                            pilates at 11
                            supreme shower with body scrub and brushing til my skin is crying STOP!
                            lunch of organic oatcakes with organic humus, cucumber,fresh turkey pieces, black pepper
                            Girlies shopping from 1.30 til 5.30 - Yay!! Coffee as a treat at 3
                            Dinner at 7 of chicken breast with broccoli and cauli and long glass of sparkling water with lemon and lime
                            10 pm, bed with sleep tea and that's my Monday!

Have a good one ladies and will check in later, i am off work until September so no excuses re not checking in, it does me the power of good to come here and hear what you are all up to. Think PINK, Tips, BD, where are you hunnies xx

Comment

OK KEEPS! Your on no excuses I have to get back into it! :l

Comment

Working...
                              X