GOOD MORNING! Dec 21st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOOD MORNING! Dec 21st

Ok, I'll blow the bugle this morning Olly. Time to get up!
    I am still so sore from Mon. My calves are especially sore from calf raises that I'm walking tippy toes - like I have on heels.
    Worked out with my new trainer this am 5am yikes. We did arms, chest and abs and then I did 26 min on the eliptical. Now my legs and arms are going to be sore.

I found a cd on the meridian stretches. Neil, since you said it was difficult to 'get' by reading I thought I might try a cd. Have you seen these? I wonder if the one I found is a good one - I think it was the Meridian ah, here it is - Meridian Flexibility & Stretching Center
    Meridian Flexibility & Stretching Center
    Any thoughts on this particular site? I asked my trainer if he had heard of it but he hadn't but said he had seen some form of yoga stretches on a fit network he watched ...anyway.
    Thought I might give it a try.
    Becca- It is weird we started at the exact same weight...but now I want to be at your current weight! Unfortunately I have a big urge to go to the Waffle House for bfast to.

Have a great day everyone!
    Lisa

GOOD MORNING! Dec 21st

Morning!
    I actually RAN (slowly, about 3 minutes of my previous pace per mile, but WHATEVER!) for an entire mile last night... then did 3 miles in just over 27 minutes on the elliptical, then a few minutes backwards (helps work the opposite muscles, strengthening them as well so you don't end up with more injuries...). The shin splints were of minimal nuissance! I'm so happy. Doesn't hurt today, either. Just have to be REALLY CAREFUL and not over-do it, or I'll flare those suckers right up. I'll stick with a slow mile for now, and cross train for cardio. It's the impact that tears at the shins. But I have to start training in January for that marathon in may and I'm doing it. Shins be damned.
    Anyhow, Lisa, your work out sounds great! I want to know about that stretching too. Could use some flexibility and to stretch out some tight areas, especially my right side.
    So.....I'm down to 127.8 this morning. What the????? Have lost like 3 pounds since I've been AF 11 days now. I am wondering if it has something to do with the Campral, though, as I'm just not really hungry. Maybe I'm just on a dang mission! As in "watch me get skinny and sober, then you have nothing to b*tch about" (this is, of course, directed at a certain member who lives in this house.... ) He'll probably end up complaining about how I clean or do the bills anyhow... can't win. Then he'll buy me something really nice or do something incredibly thoughtful and I'll be really really confused. a-hem, I digress.

Best of luck today with everyone's fitness goals! We're kicking a** and taking numbers:H :H .
    Have a great day!

Comment

GOOD MORNING! Dec 21st

Hey Lisa, Hey Becca...

I didn't think I'd be back here at the boards, but I am. Not really much time I've got at least a million things to do in the next 48 hours before we leave for the holidays.

Just wanted to say Good Job, Becca!! I'm so happy for you that you're pushing yourself to get out there and start running and staying AF. Wow, I hope you're swimming in endorphins. And Becca, you just keep on inspiring me with your gym routine. I"ve been spotty with my gym appts but I'm not going to stress about it. I've got enough on my plate just now and as long as I'm feeling strong, feeling focused and staying AF, then I'm happy. After the holidays and once things are back into a routine I plan to set up a more consistent exercise program. I think I"m spending all my extra energy right now focusing on staying AF over the next two weeks. I know that once we come back home I"ll be much less concerned... but there will be a bottle of wine in front of me for the next two weeks and there's not anything I can do about that (not that I plan on drinking... it's just the environment I will be in...) I'll keep focused with some long walks in the woods. And, look forward to getting back here with you all in two weeks.

All the best,
      Olly

Comment

GOOD MORNING! Dec 21st

Hey Ya'll.

Feeling lazy so far today... but the sun is shining! Quite a nice change. So I will get out for a nice long walk by river today.

Becca, glad to hear your shins aren't causing ya too much trouble. And don't go getting too skinny on us! I'm over bikini season, for now...
        Even had a few bites of chokolate pie for breakfast! Yep, I'm bad.

Happy tip to-ing Lisa!

Enjoy your walks in the woods Olly. I'm off to walk by the river... and wish I were in my kayak...

Ok, chores are calling.

:l
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
        X