mathematical question :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mathematical question :)

so, a drink is based on alcohol by volume(abv). in the US, one standard drink is a 12 oz regular beer at about 5% abv or a 5oz glass of wine at about 12%.

I stick with the standard measures, 12 oz for beer, and i also always pour 5 oz of wine(i measure it)when i'm at home. Obviously, the wine is much harder when i'm out. I try to eyeball the pour, but it's hard...

So, since i'm trying to moderate and am REALLY counting my drinks, I'm having issues!!
    the problem is that my drink preferences have higher ABV than the standard beer/wine does. the beer i like to drink is 5.9% alcohol. the wine i prefer is 14%(or 13%).

So, should i decrease the amount or is this just nitpicking?

I'm mathematically challenged so I don't even know how much i would decrease it.

should i try to leave some in the glass? or do as my husband says, and just not worry about it?

mathematical question

Don't worry about it, just count your drinks.
    THOUGHTS become THINGS
    choose the GOOD
    ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

mathematical question

Hi LGL
      The UK measures the drinks by units. They say that women should not drink more than 14 units per week so this is what I tend to go by.
      Be strong-
      We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
      Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

mathematical question

Hi all,

A big hello to you RB. I just noticed you posting. Hope all's well with you.

Take care, G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

mathematical question

A big hello to you too Mr.G. x
          Be strong-
          We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
          Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

mathematical question

hi
            so, i did pretty well. i decided i'd just drink my beer(2) with the 5.4% and not worry too much about it being over the 5%. but then the place served it in pints instead of 12 ounces so i was left with another mathematically quandary! lol

so,for the first beer, i just didn't drink the whole glass. have the last 2 inches to my husband! then had a club soda. then had another beer...drank the last 2 inches myself.

so, i guess i had 26 ounces of beer instead of 24. but i'm still calling it 2 beers. LOL

it was over a 4 hour period.

i just hope that i can keep my AF days going this week.

Comment

Working...
            X