Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any new year's resolutions yet??

Lisa,

I took your question from last evening's post, as I think it makes a great new thread.

I want to include in my fitness goals, a decent weight loss goal. At first, I thought a goal of feeling better and increased stamina was sufficient, but now, why not? Of course, AF, helps a bunch, but I find it too easy to substitute other sugars for being "good."

So here it is, my goal for 2007, is to reach and maintain a weight of ___lbs ( I know what it is, but all of you can fill-in your own.

Great job on 60AF! I'm coming up on 30, and I think my 1stAF goal will be to reach 60 days.

Capto

Hey Capto..thanks for the (almost) 60 day congrats!

I have almost always followed thru on my new year's resolutions so I am going to have to put some thought into it and think about what I can really do.
    I think it will be health related (mental and physical!) but I want to think about it first.
    I like yours though - 60 days AF would be a great one! It has certainly changed my life for the better.

Ok...I'll check back later..
    Lisa

Comment

So far the only one I can think of that I'm certain I will be able to accomplish, is that I'll finish off that fresh loganberry pie that's still in the fridge!:H Hopefully, I'll be able to at least save a few bites for my Honey!

OK, back to the stair master, to work off the last piece I had...:alf: :banana: :danthin:
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Hi. Well I would like to begin an exercise routine of some sort. Pilates is what I plan to start with and get down to a weight of 140...currently well over 170. Then to be AF for a month (I am just starting out). I plan to travel (going to Hilton Head to a Disney Resort in Feb) and be able to get in the pool for swim lessons for my baby and son with autism. Right now..FORGET ABOUT IT
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

My New Years Resolution is for Jude to stop going nuts with all of the emoticons. Love you girl but you are giving me a headache!!!
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hey Lush!:wazup:
            Good luck with that one!
            :jumpin: :licked: :huh:

Sorry about the headache...

smoooch

Lush ya have to keep in mind, I lived in a tree for 18 years w/no running water... So this computer stuff is pretty amazingly entertaining! Trust me it could be worse!

Comment

Hi Everybody! I hope it is ok if I post my "fitness goals" here, as I seek moderation and not AF as my ultimate goal. I have been planning ahead for my 2007 goals and for Christmas I received all the new Perricone books. So I will be reading on nutrition, health care, and exercise over the holiday. Alcohol-wise, I am hopeful, that I will again be able to continue to decrease to always stay within a balance between AMA and the French Scientific Foundation on wine alcohol consumption.

I'm really excited about my new program. I also had my husband dig out and put new batteries in my electronic weight watchers calculator, as it really helps to calcluate nuitrition, calories, fat, and water intake.

I have been looking forward to this program for some time. I've been following Dr. Perricone for a long time, but some of the new ingredients, I don't even recognize!!! Hope this workds out.

Love New Years Resolution stuff!!!

Take care to all,
              MM
              Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Ok I think I'm ready for my resolutions now. And Jude....I love your emoticons...I kind of look like the smiley face when I dance ...which is why I don't.

ok back to resolutionss:
                1. Get to 25% body fat - currently at 31%
                2. lose down to 130 (8lbs) and stay there
                3. start dating ( hardest and scariest of all) - don't even want to put this one down but here it is anyway..yikes
                4. pay off my credit card and make an actual budget (try living within my means!)

Don't know if I can do these but I'll give it my best shot.

Good luck to everyone...btw sj- did you manage to finish that pie?
                not powerless- best of luck with your pilates
                capto - you are doing great- 60af...can't wait to celebrate with you when you get there!
                MM- I'm excited for you that you got those books - please keep us posted on that I'm very interested.
                Lush...ahem..didn't see a resolution in there..

Hope you are all well-
                Love,
                Lisa

Anyone else?

Comment

Darn it I was hoping you would not notice. Okay here goes:

Starting at 3-4 days AF a week, working up from there
                  Taking the supps religiously which I have not been doing
                  Start doing Pilates 2-3 times a week
                  Continue with weight training
                  Take my dog out for a brisk walk when it is not raining. Currently we run him in our backyard which expends no energy on my part.

There, now I said it and I will do it......
                  I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Bravo Lush!!! Good ones. Doggie will be happy he made the list too

now how do we keep ourselves accountable for these?
                    should we report out once a week/month?

Not sure how I'm going to report out on the dating thing.
                    lisa

Comment

Hello all
                      I'm new here!!!Great to hear all your new year resolutions. My first is to lose weight (think most people have that one!). My second is for me to go back to work after being a housemother for 1 1/2 years - that should be challenging. My third and actually most important is to moderate my drinking or even better to stop. Don't know which one yet!!
                      Can I also say everybody on this site seems to have such a good sense of humour. I have never laughed so much in a long time.

Comment

Well Lisa, I'm proud to say I haven't finished that pie yet! But if Hubby doesn't help out soon it's gonna have to be tossed out... that would be such a waist!(pun intended). But they are home grown berries even! And my Sis in Law makes the best pie in the world!

:welcome: Seto. Good luck with going back to work. What are you looking at doing? You can have one of my jobs!:goodjob:

Let's see, resolutions... well of course I could always loose a few pounds. I seem to have this little gut that I've never had before. I think it's the over 45 thing, & gravity wearing on me!
                        At work last night I was told not to be so defensive... so maybe I should work on that. (But it wasn't MY fault!! LOL)

I need to get more of a structured routine to my exercise program. Instead of just popping on & off of the equipment thru out the day. I guess the word would be more self discipline... wish me luck with that!

Listen to CD's more often

And a lot more water, and less wine & Tilt. Although I have been suprising myself thru the holidays. (probably just jinxed myself by writing that)

Comment

Hi All

My main resolution is to drink less.............

and lose weight ............

The same as every other year, but this year I have you guys to help me .......

Paula xx
                          sigpicXXX

Comment

Two main resolutions here:

1 stay alcohol free
                            2 lose 40 pounds and take up running (well, waddling to begin with!)

Others include:

Listen more, talk less
                            Do well in my studies and practise what I am learning (naturopathy) in my own life
                            Learn to love myself
                            Laugh more
                            Be at peace
                            Be positive
                            Love my husband and show him that in actions and words

Louie

Comment

I think we have some really top rate resolutions here!

I think you are right Paula - now we have some help with keeping them too

Louie - I need to steal one of yours - "be positive". That helps with all the others.

I'm going to the gym in the morning. Goal is 25 min on eliptical and crunches until I can't stand it.
                              And I'm signing up with an online dating service tonight - a reputable one ( if there is such a thing)
                              Please wish me luck with that one. I have not been out on a first date in almost 10 years!!

Can't believe I'm even doing this!! yikes.
                              Now I have to go buy "date clothes" I didn't even know that was a thing. A friend of my said that and then I mentioned it to someone I work with (she is 23 ) and she got all excited and said "ohhhh...yea date clothes...please let me go with you!! I love date clothes"
                              All new to me....
                              Have a lovely evening all of you much:h
                              Lisa

Comment

Working...
                              X