Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to change

Hello I am new here!!

I am not very computer savy but am going to give it my best shot. I am 42 years old a wife and a mother of 2 boys. I am so fortunate to have a wonderful husband that loves me. I have always considered myself to
    be a social drinker but over the past few years things have changed. I've found myself drinking more and
    more. I do not handle my alcohol well and do not like the person I become when I drink. I want so much more for myself and my family. I want to stop and do hope that I can do it privately. My husband is behind me but I really do not wish to go to AA at this point and hope that with your support, the book and program I can do it and get myself back. Looking forward to a great new year!!!!!

Welcome Luckyone! We are about the same age with the same issue. I wish you much success in this journey. This is a great group of people......
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hi Luckyone....Lush is right (as always your greatness!)..this IS a great group of people...AA is not always for everyone, I myself would freak right out if I had to stand up in front of people and say what I am...you will find though, as you keep posting here, you wish you COULD meet the others....it's a great way to get support, and the more you give of yourself, the more you get back...very karmic....
      Whether you chose to go abs or mods...you WILL get advice on every aspect of controlling drinking, physical, mental, and social, that will make your journey easier...stick with it....welcome to the site Weemelon x

Comment

Thank you! It feels really good to have people to talk to that understand. I look forward to a successful
        journey, and to all the wonderful people I will meet along the way.

Comment

Hi Luckyone,

I found this site about 6 weeks ago, and i've just had the best christmas ever ....... I've not given drinking altogether (yet) but I've drstically reduced my drinking, the people here are soooo lovely, supportive, helpful, caring, etc. Most important though is that they all understand what you are going through.

Love & Hugs, Paula :h :l :h
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Paula,

Thank you so much for your supportive and postive response. It means so much to me. I have felt so alone
            in this whole process. It feels great to know that I am not alone. I just came across this site and decided to
            give it a try. I have heard nothing but wonderful things from all of you and am looking forward to making
            the changes needed to get back on track. I do'nt know why things have gotten so out of hand for me but
            I want to get things back under control. Thanks for the support Luck one

Comment

Working...
            X