• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Women and the off side rule!

Turkey wants more women and children at stadiums - Boston.com
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

I'm with you Mike. But given the above post is around 6 months old, the 'page not found' is understandable.

However, i'll take this opportunity to say that i think there should be more women and children on the football field.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Gidday Mike!

Gosh I had completely forgotten about this thread! (not surprising as no-one responded until now :H)

I'm not surprised about the fact that you can't locate the news item as it is really old! (Isn't it interesting that "old" news items are now things that happened 7 months ago?)

From memory, the title of that thread referred to a discussion that was going on on a/some thread at the time, which was why I posted it. The news item was related to a football result in Turkey, where fans from two different clubs ended up in a riot and a number of people were severely injured. Football officials banned male fans from the stadium for the next game, but provided free tickets to women and kids. The stadiums were packed out and no violence occurred!

I may have remembered parts of this wrong, so accept no responsibility for accuracy :H
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up Missy. A shame about the riot, but cool re the free tickets. Might've started a whole bunch of kids trying to 'bend it like Beckham'!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
        X