My Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Story

Hi, I'm new here although I have been looking at this site for quite a while and admiring everyone for being on it. I'm 30 years old and had my beautiful daughter over a year ago. I suffered quite bad depression after I had her and I started to drink more than normal...normal for me was only a Saturday night...to which is now nearly every night. I can easily drink a bottle of wine and always would have more if it wasn't for my loving husband. The thing that really gets to me is that I crave the wine at a certain time (say 8.00pm) and I cannot function properly until I have some. Obviously I have a beautiful 1 year old daughter who needs me now more than anything and I have fully decided I have to stop drinking altogether - as in the past few months when I have tried to moderate everything goes wrong and I end up drinking more! So here goes, new day new start......
    Thanks for reading my story and I would welcome some support.:new: :new: :new:

My Story

Hello Seto and :welcome:
    I have the same problem. I can't moderate very well and decided to stop. As you know, there is plenty of help and support here. It's great that you have a supportive husband too.
    I hope to hear more from you soon.
    Good luck.

Comment

My Story

Hello there,

I'm new too and I think this site is great, you can be really honest which means you are being honest with yourself. I started drinking more after I had two children, my friend and I would come back from mother and todler group and open the wine..shame shame. Well I feel I have had all the good and bad times i'm going to have from alcohol and it is time to enjoy less fussy pleasures. My dependency is more psychological than physical as i'm not shaking or anything and never drank in the morning, would string it out til about 3 or 4 pm. Still I feel relieved to finally realise i have a problem...heres to a better future where we can deal with just being ourselves xx

Comment

My Story

Thanks for the support. Even just to know there are people out there who understand what you are going through is amazing for me. I will definately keep posted.

Comment

My Story

:welcome: Your story is the same as alot of ours. I too started drinking more as an adult and mother. I am the mother of three and have a full time job. My trigger time is usually around 7 or 8 pm. My work is completed, my children taken care of and fed and it's my time to relax and unwind. For some reason I have it in my brain that wine is the only way to obtain this relaxation. I have gotten alot better since coming to this site and following the program. It will be more difficult if you don't have the supps. I highly suggest you order the supps and the all in one and listen to the CDs everyday for a month in the begining. I swear it works if you follow the program.
          Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

My Story

I had bought some Kudzu from Holland and Barrett but they don't seem to work for me, they make me feel really ill the next day. Maybe I have the wrong dosage. I'll definately order them and the all in one from this website today as I've seen they do help a lot of people. Thanks for your advice. Everyone is so friendly here!

Comment

My Story

hello you know I just stopped drinking and am on day 7 I don,t know if I will be able to moderate either but for right now that doesn't matter to me cause I am hoping just not to drink today it's like I have something to prove to myself. I think moderation is wonderful and i think all of you are wonderful but drinking to much is not wonderful so we will see time will tell. take care

Comment

My Story

I concur with all. I started drinking much more heavily after my third child. I have 3 kids--2 of them are 4 and the other 18mos. My craving starts much earlier than yours. Around 2:30 and by 4 it's in full force. I have not been real successful with moderating at this point so I am going to try and go alcohol free for one month and see how it goes. I also have gained quite a bit of weight with the drinking and munchies so that's another reason..to lose weight.
                Keep posting!!

Also check out the book if you haven't. It has dosing recommendations for kudzu and other things.
                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

My Story

Each time I read a post I can find another reason why I should not drink today this is helping. Yes drinking and then the eating the next day to make my self feel better made me gain some weight so here I go no drinking so no junk food. Thanks everyone

Comment

My Story

I still can't believe how many people are going through the same things. One thing that gets me down is the fact that I have put on so much weight since I started drinking most nights, and not to mention the bags under my eyes - how nice. I have noticed that because of drinking so much my appearance has changed so much in the last year!! Another reason to stop

Comment

My Story

Welcome Seto!!! My drinking really escalated out of postpartum depression as well so I understand. And after just putting on a pair of jeans that are usually well fitting only to find them suffocating me today I can relate to the weight issue as well. I pray the New Year will bring new things for all of us. Stick around and get to know us. It will make you feel much less alone.
                      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

My Story

Just glad you are here. You will be truly amazed at how similar people's stories are. I was totally blown away that people could relate to me. I thought I was the worst mother in the world. I have publically embarrased myself with my children at events and the next morning would be torture. Now I know I am not alone. There are a lot of mothers here on the boards and fathers and people who want children one day and people who don't but can relate to the feelings. Because when it comes down to it...shame is shame, embarassment is embarassment etc. and they are the same for everyone.
                        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

My Story

Actually I sat awake nearly all of last night thinking of what a terrible mother I was and how god forbid anything happened to my daughter how would I be able to look after her if I couldn't drive etc - its very frightening but its reality and I know I have to do something about it. I love my daughter more than anything in this world but at the same time I feel like the worst mother. Can you relate?

Comment

My Story

I can absolutely relate. I often worry about if there were a fire or one of them got hurt/sick. What would I do. Hey that's why we are here because we love our kids and want to change. If you didn't want it you would have never come seeking out this site. Neither would have I.

Comment

My Story

Hi All

I'm a mum too, and my daughter has epilepsy so I get soooo much guilt, Like all of you, i'm dealing with it now though, so lets be positive ...............

All the best ............

Love & Hugs to you and your children, Paula :h :l :h
                              sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                              X