Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day two and all's well!

Good Morning!

Day one was good! Had a good evening. Made Imagine's Encheerita's from the recipe forum. Delish! Great recipe and easy! Went to bed early, good sleep. I appreciate all the support and encouragement. I came back and re-read your messages throughout the day and evening. It was like they lifted my burden and helped to keep moving me forward. Thank you! :h I know there will come a time when I don't count days, but for me, I am in the "day at a time" mode right now. So, I am ready to begin day two. Here I go!

Hugs :l

Best - Sherry
    "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Day two and all's well!

Good morning ..

This has been an interesting year, hasn't it!
    This time last year, I thought I was alone in this struggle and really didn't know where to go for support.
    You have all been a great help for me.
    I read your post and think."I could have written that!"
    I for one have begun to look for "purpose" in all that happends in my life.
    I had a pretty easy and perfect life until I hit 50 years old and then it was as if the "trials" began.
    I have not always won but I HAVE learned some very important lessons along the way.

Some things I have learned in the past nine years:

Not all "bad" things that happen to me are really bad. There is something good to come out of everything.

Some of my "good" friends are not really my friends when things get rough.

Some of my good friends really are my friends when things get rough.

Don't judge a person by what he or she doesn't do but by what you see or hear them do.

I CAN be alone without being lonely.

I can live with a daily drinker and on a farm that produces blackberries and wine and not drink.

Life is not always "fair"...

Life on this earth is NOT the end but the beginning.

This could go on and on.....
    I just wanted to say thank you RJ and everyone here.
    May 2007 be an even better year for all of us.

:h Nancy
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Day two and all's well!

Hi all,

Best, good to hear you had good evening - mmm encheerita's sounds good. I like counting the days it really kept me going in the beginning and now it gives me pride - silly I know. And, I love going to bed at night knowing how good waking up will feel. You may go through a period of not being able to sleep well, but that pales in comparison of having a hang over. Some nights I'm averaging 3-4 hours of good sleep and have a hard time with stupid thoughts racing around. Still I'm alert and happy with no guilt when I get up.

Today I'm going to see a movie and go out to lunch/dinner this will be my New Years outting I think. New Years I plan to hang out at home and make something good to eat. I best get looking at the recipe forum for some good ideas.

I'll let you all know what movie and if it was good; there are so many to choose from right now.

Take care,
      spacie

Comment

Day two and all's well!

Hi Best/Spacie/Nancy... all.

I found this on the web and liked it so here it is.... because WE CAN.

You could come up with all sorts of very reasonable excuses for not taking action. Or you can simply do what is to be done.

You could worry about what might or might not happen. Or you can get busy and make sure you achieve the result you desire.

You could take one look at the immensity of the challenge and decide that there's no way around it. Or you can begin to work your way, step by step, through that challenge.

You could delay and procrastinate and find plenty of ways to distract yourself from the task at hand. Or you can choose to enjoy the real fulfillment of making a positive, substantial contribution to life.

You could listen to all those people who tell you with certainty that it can't be done and that you're not qualified to do it. Or you can decide that you'll find a way to make it happen.

In the end, whatever the excuses or distractions or challenges may be, the decision is always yours. For when you choose to, you can do it.
        Brigid

Comment

Day two and all's well!

Hello all, i've been quiet on this site but just wanted to say reading some of the posts here helps even the ones that sit back.. thanks

i've not had a drink since March - and it's been a remarkable year. Sobriety aint easy, I live with an alcoholic so i liked southernbelle's comments on living on wine making farm! it can be done..

But the positives so outweigh the negatives in body and soul.

Wishing everyone a fantastic New Year!

Comment

Working...
          X