Pinksters Outstanding October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for a new thread, yes? I'm feeling sooo much better. Off to the farmer's market and a nice sunshiny walk through the marina!

I'm ready for Oct. Just started Amoryn (Herbal supplement for depression and anxiety).
    It is fabulous!

Dropped another lb. Not complaining but Jeeeezzzzzz it couldn't possibly be going any slower.

Have a great weekend all!
    THOUGHTS become THINGS
    choose the GOOD
    ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Count me in for October....September wasn't so good (vacation and I fell off the wagon). Went to Body Pump yesterday, found a 5k to run on November 6th and I'm going to try to do yoga at least once a week as part of my plan. I'm back on weight watchers as well. Bought a body brush and have started dry brushing and will drink warm lemon water in the mornings to remove toxins. I know this my sound crazy but I feel like maybe I should give up caffeine or maybe just have one cup of coffee in the morning. It seems that caffeine in the afternoon seems to trigger AL cravings.....I know this sounds strange.
      Happy sober Sunday and happy sober and healthy October Pinksters!

Comment

Hi Pinks
        I am in for October. Like you WS September wasn't all that great. I am seeing an addiction Doctor now so have to be abstinent while seeing him. I am hoping he will be the answer. I have however been enjoying more frequent AF days and want to increase my number of good days. I love getting up in the morning without a headache. AL is interfering with my running. I will be running a half marathon next weekend so I need to stay hydrated and well rested for that. Starting a new pilates class tomorrow morning so I am excited about that. Good luck to you all!
        Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Morning Pinksters
          wow, October already?
          Had a fabulous weekend away Glamping!! (glamorous camping) in a mega pod - fully kitted out wooden igloo with decking. After 30 days totally AF did indulge on Friday and Saturday night
          tired to do lots of walking over the weekend but was not 100% with the eating and put back on a very, very hard to loose 3lbs. The weekend was superb, but 3lbs?? 10,500 extra calories?? Not possible.
          Anyway, back on track this morning
          starting a new Body Pump class today, but won't be able to stay for Zumba as I have a client, but will do a quick 30 mins on the treadmill. Back to 6 days a week exercise and have my 2nd fitness test on Saturday, 4 weeks into the 12wbt. Really want to be 3 1/2lbs down by Saturday so will have to be incredibly good.
          Love my Thursday pilates class R4L !!

Well, here is wishing you all an outstanding October

glam!
          x

Comment

Loved the Pilates class today. Feeling great. Hope everyone is having a great day!
            Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

@Glam, glamping! Hilarious! I bet the extra 3 is mostly undigested food and water weight.

Been drinking a lot of fresh juice blended with digestive supplements in place of meals. Started a juice fast but it seemed unnecessarily extreme -- oh but the patience it will take to lose these lbs. Clothes are less sausage-casing-like, so I'm looking forward to Weight Watchers weigh-in; WW seems to fulfill the purpose of AA for me. I love it when I've lost a few and the leader marks my book with a little star -- kind of like piano lessons as a kid...

Comment

Hi Pinksters!

Apologies for my absence but life has gotten in the way lately. I am all for an AF October. I also indulged in AL at the end of Sept- no real reason I just felt like it. Enjoyed it but if I had more than 2 glasses of wine I felt revolting the next day. And I did find it hard to stop at 2, so I am now AF again. Am not going to count days at the moment but will concentrate on being very fit & healthy.
                Like Glam I am mostly sticking to our exercise & diet program. Did a 14 mile run last weekend which is the furthest I have run in my life! On track for the marathon in December but the distances are getting scary now.
                I am also really enjoying being back at karate. It will take me a few months to get back to the level I was at when I stopped 3 years ago but I will persevere.
                My weight is now 11 stone(154 pounds), that is 16 pounds less than when I came to MWO in June. Need to lose about the same again but am feeling confident I can do it.

Great to hear how everyone is getting on. I know I need the support here to stay healthy, thanks everyone.
                SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Morning Pinksters -
                  Very happy to report that the weight has quickly come back off and another couple of pounds as well.
                  So 10lb weight loss AND officially no longer obese!!! Just overweight!!
                  The exercise is going great. Yesterday did a pilates class followed by a body pump class, which after 2 classes, have become addicted to!!! Fortunately the AL addiction has disappeared and no cravings at all since my imbibing at the weekend.
                  Am going for another 30 days AF, but after 5 months on MWO and conciously making decisions about AL am fairly confident I have broken the cycle. (hope that doesn't come back to bite me).

So here is to another great weekend!
                  Glam
                  xx

Comment

Hi old friends, the Pinksters!! I dropped off the fitness wagon a few months ago when I was letting myself down in the drinking and exercise dept. Anyway to make a long story short, I am now a non-drinker due to reading the mind altering book called Kick the Drink by Jason Vale. I won't go into details as the info is all over this chat room. I don't drink.

Since I don't drink, I have tons of energy and am starting to work on all the stuff I was planning on doing for the past ten years. One of those things is writing. If you guys are interested in making one healthy change in your life per week, have a look at my blog. It's all starting this Monday.

52 Weeks of Healthy Habits: 52 Weeks of Healthy Habits

Anyways the first new habit I am going to incorporate into the rest of my life is daily exercise. So here I am back in the fitness section trying to reconnect with my Pinksters. Glad to be home.

Tips
                    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi Tips, great to see you again & fantastic blog! I love Jasons book, read it a couple of months ago & it really helped me to see what a social poison AL can be.
                      Glam you are getting so fit & healthy you are going to be dangerous! Keep up the awesome work.

How is everyone else doing? I am good, up to 14 miles now with my marathon training, need to do 16 next weekend which is a bit terrifying. Also managing to lose weight which is helping the running, not feeling so wobbly now.

Have a great weekend everyone.

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

hiya Tips, great to hear you are back on track!! Fabulous.
                        Did indulge last night in some gin and tonic, didn't drink the bottle and threw it down the toilet this morning as I didn't want to risk temptation!
                        Must get hold of JAson Vales book and have a read. Will check out your BLOG
                        have a fab weekend
                        x

Comment

hiya Pinksters,
                          just reporting in, in my AF state.
                          Am planning on doing the rest of October AF.
                          Exercise is going really well. Did body pump followed by a CV session in the gym yesterday. 800 cals burn!! Bit miffed that my weight is up by 1lb today, probably that dreadful AL catching up with me.
                          Got a session booked in with a personal trainer on Friday, really looking forward to that -
                          will spend my cash on a PT rather than AL, will do me far more good - and he is very easy on the eye too!!
                          Better get my bod down to that gym and pump some iron.
                          Very quiet on here - hope all is well!!
                          Glam
                          x

Comment

Hi Pinksters- where is everyone???

Glam you are magnificent. That pound will be gone soon. Your PT sounds far more tempting than AL! Keep up the awesome effort, rewards will continue to follow.

I am delaying going out the door for my run. It is grey, cold and raining. Even the dog doesn't want to go. But I have said I will do it & I need to do it to stay on my training program. 15 miles here I come- I have never run that far before & it is a bit scary.

Hope you are all doing well.

Comment

girls, girls, girls - where are you all??
                              Tips, R4L, Crimsons, TW, Barb, everyone else -
                              hope that your absence here means that you are all doing fabulously well?

Still doing the 12wbt, 0nly 10lbs lighter than the start, -obviously on a plateau, but am apparently consolidating on my achievement to date!!! Well into week 5 now with another 7 to go and hopefully a lot more weight loss!!
                              Hope you are all doing well
                              Glam
                              x

Comment

Working...
                              X