Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering the program

Hi,
    I'm considering the program and need a little encouragement to get started. Suggestions for making it successful?
    Thanks

Considering the program

I have just started so I can't really give any advice, but having all these people on here going through this with you lets you know you are not the only one in paid, I have found the advice and words of these people very inspiring, and most of us have the exact same story. You can really learn by just being a part of the blogs. I have ordered some supplement and am going to try that before seeking a prescription.
    It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
    James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Considering the program

I meant the only one in pain, sorry.
      It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
      James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Considering the program

Keep reading the posts. Get the book and read it. Keep talking and checking in. There is an entire community of people willing to help out. I am starting the supp's soon and I know they have worked great for a lot of people.
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Considering the program

We are all here

I think that finding this web site is going to change my life- so far it has and that is a satisfying feeling. Which is very good like you I am trying to find good feelings without a bunch of guilt, anxiety and general disruption in my life.

Comment

Considering the program

Hi Enamel & :welcome:

I guess my best advise is to keep reading and posting. You'll meet some great folks here with a some good advise and suggestions. Also, I think it's very important to be determined, and ready to commit to making some changes... and just go for it. Consider what you're doing now, and what you want to be doing that you're not...
            I think a big thing with me is being honest with myself. I can "talk" myself into or out of just about anything, given the will or desire for it... Just have to look beyond the immediate gratification sometimes. (I should listen to my own advise more often too... )

again welcome
            Judie
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Considering the program

Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate the info and support.

Comment

Considering the program

Enamel,

Congratulate yourself for even considering change-

Believe in yourself

Want health so much you can taste it and don't give into discomfort in your attempt to get there

Read the Research Section on this site over and over and incorporate the supplements and/or drugs if you so choose. I wish I had paid close attention to info on Campral. Would have saved me a lot of heartache.

Figure out who you think is successful on this site and ask them what they did to get success. Then do the same.

Read Alan Carr's book, Quit Drinking the Easy Way ( out of print so you must get from library or order from Amazon )

Don't get discouraged or feed into drama that occassionally happens on the boards. Stay focused on why you are here.

Good nutrition

Adequate sleep

Exercise

All the best to you. You can be successful. Don't give up.

Comment

Considering the program

Starting

I found this web site late yesterday and am ready to change - and my plan is to buy the book and the supplements today and will try moderation then absitence once I've been on the supplements for a couple of days. I am so tired of being unhappy when everything in my life in general is going so well! I come from a very long line of abusive drinkers and didn't think I had a problem since I didn't drink as much as them - yet when I look back, I see that so many issues and pain that occured in my life were because of my own drinking. :new: I know that it is time to stop and I want to! I'm crying as I type this - I hope this will work for me!

Comment

Considering the program

Welcome Enamel, newgirl, and jenna---
                    Take Lucky's advice----it's a process..it takes planning...it takes wanting to change..
                    You're here and we're here for each other!
                    sm-mary

Comment

Considering the program

Jenna,
                      Your story sounds like mine.
                      You can find help here, stay on the journey.
                      Phil
                      Love and Peace,
                      Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Working...
                      X