October Mod Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October Mod Squad

Liked Sept title so thought why not use it for October also. Hope you don't mind, Lila. Can you all believe we are into October?

How's everyone doing? I got 2 AF days in this past week; goal was 3. Don't believe that is the reason but tonite I just didn't feel like having anything. We shared a small bottle of wine last night so felt ok today but tired. Tonite dh asked if I was feeling ok, thought it was fine I didn't care for a drink but just wanted to know if I felt ok. I said I just feel tired too much and I think it's because of the alcohol. Can remember when I worked I would often lean my head against the elevator wall just wishing I could go to sleep.

Ok, new month and know I can do better. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

TMH
    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

October Mod Squad

TMH, thanks for starting out the month. About being tired, have you had your thyroid checked? I take a thyroid supplement, otherwise I am tired all the time. You sound like you are definately cutting down, that is great.
    4me, I am going to cut and paste your post here, cuz you put it in September, hope you don't mind!:

"Hi Modders, Day six and this time it is really no big deal so far. I am focusing on my diet instead. The 17 day diet is great, lost 41/2 lb since Monday.

Lila, glad your doing good!

Eve, It sounds like you have the moderation thing down.

TMH, I take melatonin to help me sleep. Get the chewable ones. Take them right when you get into bed as they work quick!

Have a great weekend~"

4me, what diet? Great results on the diet. And Day 6, that is really great! Are you creating new habits? What is the secret to your success?
    I am down to one glass of wine in the evening. I wake up feeling better, of course!
    oh, have to run, my son called for a ride. See? Isn't it great I haven't had any wine??
    really great to hear from you all!!
    L

Comment

October Mod Squad

TMH, I am going to sort of copy you - I am going to have a goal of 2 AF days this week. I already am cutting down to one a night, so that will be a good next step.
      4me, day 8? Is your goal 30 days still?

Comment

October Mod Squad

Happy Monday and definitely going to be an AF night. Yest we played golf and after some 'tense' moments decided to have a beer at about Hole #13. Lightened things up a bit and we made a bet on Hole #16 which involved stopping at Hole #19 (watering hole). Had 1 glass of wine BUT then guy came in all excited as he had a Hole-In-One and bought everyone a round. So had 3 drinks yest, had windows open last night as it was so nice & cool, caused dh to cough a lot, I left the bed and ended up not sleeping well so, of course, tired today - broken record, eh? Still did 25:00 of a workout tape and biked 9+ miles.

Lila - I am on thyroid meds and just had test done last July to see if adequate dosage. Thanks for thought though. I think it's great that you only have one!

4me - I do take melatonin tablets, about an hour before bed. I'm wondering if they might be kind of old, will check, & will get the chewable kind if need be. Thanks and glad to hear you're doing well!

Rebirth - miss you, wish you would stop by????

Hi Eve and LGL.

TMH

Comment

October Mod Squad

Good morning! AF Night, slept really well after going to bed with cup of Sleepy Time Tea and book. Ahhh....what a difference. Heading out door to Fitness Center. Let's have a terrific Tuesday!

TMH

Comment

October Mod Squad

TMH, that's great! so, is this your second day then? Last night, I had 2 glasses of wine. Tonight, my goal will be none.
            It is another beautiful fall day. Yesterday, I saw a friend, I guess the kind of job I was looking for is really being cut, so I felt better at not being hired. Because I took it so personally! I went to "what's wrong with me" and worrying about my lack of employment history. Not that I regret at all being with my kids!
            My life is really good, I do have enough money, and I want to use this free time to boost up my confidence. I really had been pushing myself wayyyy too hard these past years, and I want to learn to be healthy and enjoy life. I am taking walks again. The zoloft really is energizing, I hope it levels off a bit. My dog is happy, though.
            I mean, isn't drinking a little too much wine just a way of dealing with stress? It always was for me.
            I am glad to see all my crazy stress melt away a bit. And when I talk to friends, I realize everyone has their problems and issues, and I have really been holding onto my stuff tightly, overthinking and overfocusing on everything.
            A beautiful day. For me, it is going to be productive, and I am going to be there for the people in my life.
            L

Comment

October Mod Squad

Hi Modders, hope everyone is well!

Lila, thanks for moving my post! Sorry about the job, but everything happens for a reason! Yes, I am doing the 30 days, on day 9. I really am not finding it that difficult at this point. I think it is a mind set for me. I am trying to really not put the focus on AL. I am focused on my diet and healthy living instead. We are all different, but it works 4me. You can jump in anytime if you want to! I'll be here for you!

TMH, you really must get the chewable melatonin. I get them at Trader Joes, not sure if you have one there? They work much better.

Comment

October Mod Squad

good morning modders!
                4me, the mindset, that sounds right! I had a frustrating day and evening, partly because of my teenager, so I had 2 glasses of wine. I really wasn't affected, and it felt more like a ritual or a habit. I have the hypnotic CDs, so I might finally try using them.
                TMH, did you have a good night's sleep again? Hope so, that is so important. I just can't function if I don't sleep well.
                Today is going to be 90 degrees! And it's October! I have a therapist appointment, homework, and then class. And I would like to take a short walk as well. Not very exciting, I guess.
                have a great Wed everyone!
                L

Comment

October Mod Squad

Good morning! Had a great day including better game of golf and so I drank! LOL Actually, I do allow on Tuesday. Had 2 and then said I was just going to have 1/2 sticking to the half bottle rule. Dh told me good, that was all that was left. I said no, there is a bottle in freezer if he wants some. He opened and I was doing other stuff, turned around and noticed him topping off my glass. So I have to say I had 3 - did not say anything, not sure I label that sabotage but it's bothering me, will have to discuss when no wine is involved. Back to AF today.
                  4me, No TJ here but will be going back home next month and will be sure to pick some up.
                  Lila - Check weather on Iphone every am for back home and here and noticed identical temps. Think our high will be 88 and it's 68 right now. Lovely. Yes, slept well again, awake at 3:00a but not for too long. Agree - feel like ____ if don't sleep well.
                  Busy day here too. Off for a walk, then want to make some banana bread and send some with people who dh is taking to airport tomorrow (flying home as their dd has been diagnosed with the Big "C"), clean frig, grocery menu, list, shop, pay some bills, etc. etc. normal stuff - thankful to have the time to do it!
                  TMH

Comment

October Mod Squad

Hi modders,
                    So sorry I havnt been posting. I am adjusting to my new single life and seem to be going out alot. I am spending alot more time with my girlfriends and family...so it's been busy.
                    Just to quickly say that I am still moderating well and still doing the exercise. I will try and post more often.

I had a visit from my ex which was a sad affair but I know I am on the right path for now.
                    Be strong-
                    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

October Mod Squad

hi everyone.
                      sounds like we've all got our plans and are sticking to them pretty regularly.

tuesday seems to be my downfall. for the past few weeks, I've been unable to get my 4 AF days in a row!
                      because of TUESDAY! LOL - there were a couple of weeks that i allowed 1.5 glasses of wine on tuesday evening, so then on Friday I didn't drink at all.
                      oops, more later, gotta run

Comment

October Mod Squad

hi Modders
                        Rebirth, thanks for checking in! It sounds to me like you are dealing with things in a healthy way. I tend to isolate, but being around people I think is much healthier. And you look great!
                        LGL, what is it about Tuesdays? Having 3 -4 days in a row is really good.
                        TMH, how are you doing this fine morning?

Well, for me, I did get a call, possible job, might not be exactly what I need, she didn't answer when I called back, so I am going shopping, then I will call back again. I sure could use more money with my teenager constantly asking for cash! After all this time on my hands, it is hard to imagine having to be somewhere, besides class, of course.
                        It is another beautiful day! Hope everyone gets a chance to go outside and enjoy the sunshine, well, if there is sunshine where everyone is!
                        L

Comment

October Mod Squad

Lila- The Uk is getting some awesome weather too. Sunshine and it's hot??

Anyway, I will be having a few drinks tonight with friends and it's work for me tomorrow. x
                          Be strong-
                          We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                          Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

October Mod Squad

hi again,
                            so, about tuesdays. i don't know. i can do Monday AF easily. and then Wednesday is easy.
                            Thursdays are challenging, but I can do them. It's Tuesday that really does me in.
                            Now, granted, I'm only have 1.5 glasses of wine, so I don't beat myself up for it, but, I can't seem to let go of Tuesday! LOL

so, I'm not getting 3 days in a row, even though I'm getting 3 days AF each week, even when i do Tuesdays. last week, I made myself go AF on Friday just to get my 3 AF days in for the week, because I had wine on Tuesday AND on Thursday.

I'm going to toot my horn about yesterday though. I had a stressful day, work, money, kid's homework, fight with hubby and could have easily used a glass of wine or a beer. But I pushed through the witching hour, it was hard!! Then thankfully I had tennis practice til 915pm so, when i got home, i just went to bed! (and did play angry birds for a while

anyway, either way 3 AF days a week is way better than what I was doing this summer, and for many years before that, which is drinking every night. so, I'm gonna get this 3 day AF thing going strong, and maybe Tuesdays will fall in.....

I've got a good mod weekend planned. I'm doing a festival with my jewelry next weekend, so I'll be busy getting ready for that!.

take care!

Comment

October Mod Squad

Hi Mod friends. Here we are at the weekend again. I'm doing well, on similar path as LGL. And had only 2 AF weekdays but then did not drink on Sat. eve so got my 3 AF days in. This week is shaping up the same.

Rebirth - good to see you! Sounds like you're moving forward. GFs and family are important. They will be there for you. Hope you have fun tonite.
                              Lila - tell us more about the job. Sunshine here everyday!
                              LGL - yes, let's be proud that we are AF 3 days/week rather than once in a great, great while!

Ran into a couple back down from the north - we're going to Happy Hour and dinner together tonite. It's fun to see a lot of people but then have definite dinner plans - and maybe we'll get others to join us. Special tonite is The Plantation - 10 oz NY steak, grilled and topped with crabmeat, grilled shrimp, aspargas, and hollandaise over mashed potatoes and wilted spinach. That's a lot of food but sounds delicious! Mod plan is to start off with non-alcoholic beverage. What a difference that makes because that has carried me through most of Happy Hour. Tonite, I'm going to extend it to go through entire Happy Hour, then enjoy a glass of wine with my dinner.

Have a great start to the weekend!
                              TMH

Comment

Working...
                              X