Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be careful who you order from online

Many Illegal Internet Drugs Sold Are Fake
    Dec. 26 (HealthCentersOnline) - Half of the medications that are sold illegally online are counterfeit and potentially dangerous, the World Health Organization is warning.
    Some Internet pharmacies are legitimate and reliable businesses. They require prescriptions and get medications from licensed facilities. In the United States, they must be state-licensed pharmacies operating in this country. Consumers can obtain confirmation by contacting their state board of pharmacy. Sites that include the VIPPS (verified Internet pharmacy practice sites) seal, issued by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy, indicate the pharmacy is properly licensed to sell medication online.
    Illegal Internet pharmacies are run internationally and lack a registered business address. They sell products of questionable origin that could be useless or poisonous, sometimes fatally.
    In some developing regions of the world, more than 30 percent of medications are counterfeit, according to the World Health Organization (WHO). In the United States and other well-regulated nations, less than 1 percent of medications - but 50 percent of illegal online sales - are counterfeit, according to WHO.
    WHO and other agencies have launched a global effort to fight counterfeit drugs. Methods being considered to authenticate medications include DNA technology, nanotechnology and cellular phone technology. The agencies are urging national governments to increase regulation and enforcement. Copyright 2000-2006 HealthCentersOnline Inc.
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

So how do we find out if the pharmacy we ordered from out of the country is legitamite?
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Not Powerless-

I wondered the same thing and have not gotten any answers.

I ordered Campral online and called the Campral 800 # to determine if I got the real thing from Mexico. They could not help. I called 4 pharmacies to see if they could help me determine if I got the real deal. They could not either. I think it is a matter of taking the drug to a lab for testing, which I am not going to do.

The article Belle posted also indicates to contact your State Board of Pharmacy. I hate dealing with any government agency but that will be my next step.

Good luck.

Comment

Yeah I don't want to get involved in the government stuff either. I ordered from River Pharmacy and Topamac just arrived ...from India.
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

That is where I got my Topomax from also - River Pharmacy - India. I hope it is legit.
          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

I'm just going to bump this up as some seem to be having problems.

Be careful.
            Nancy:h
            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Seems fine. I am up to 50 mg. Looks like the pictures of Topamax I've been able to find

Comment

Working...
              X