Good Morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning!

It's a crisp cold sunny day here. Another good evening last night. Again, so far, so good! I have alot to do today. Getting my least favorite task out of the way first. Look at the budget and pay bills. Yuck! Need to get a plan in 2007. :upset:

I did something last night that I have wanted to do for the last two years. My recipes were disasterous. My favorite large notebook was falling apart with new print-outs of recipes just stuffed in there, held together by a thick rubber band. My small recipe box was in a shambles, not sorted by catagory and the lid wouldn't close.

So, I left my hub and son in the basement to visit, rather than hoover around to see if they need anything,while sneaking my couple of drinks when no one was watching.

I then spent several hours re-organizing the mess. It's amazing! When I would think of this task with a mind that was clouded by alcohol it seemed it would probably take me days. One nice evening, in front of an old movie and POOF- it was DONE! By the way, my hub checked on me, bringing me fresh ice water and asking if there was anything he could get me. WOW!

There are many more projects that seemed, in my affected mind, that they would take forever. Part of my upcoming transition is going to be to tackle these one-by-one.

Well, I'm off to my pile of bills. Oh, by the way, I slept straight through from 10:30P until 8:30A. No sleeping aid. Couldn't believe it.

Have a great day, all! Hugs :l

Sherry
    "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Good Morning!

Sherry,
    You sound invincible!!!
    There are a few things you could do around MY house, if you have the inclination!!!!

Life IS different sober.. of that there is NO doubt in my mind from my experience. My life used to be in a fog and now the sky is clear.. of course there are still 'issues' but I can see them and work through them now.

Its lovely to 'hear' about your happiness.
    Brigid

Comment

Good Morning!

You know Sherry, what amazes me is that there was actually a time when I was afraid to give up drinking.
      My God I thought, whatever will I do, all those evenings, no wine!!!! how will I exist??....gradually over a period of time you realise you have filled those drinking times with something much more rewarding..SOBRIETY. Remember the mornings when you would crawl out of bed, hungover...now the sheer pleasure of waking up clearheaded and looking forward to the day ahead with no regrets about the night before...awesome..Keep it up..

Louise xx
      A F F L..
      Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Working...
      X