PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanting to lose weight?

betty boop
December 30th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Hi All, I'm posting on the girls group again.

Other than wanting to drink less, my main goal for the new year is to lose weight ...

Anyone else sharing the same goal .....

I'll check in every week with my goal and achievement, I hoping to lose 2lb by next saturday .....

Paula xx

lushy
December 30th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Oh yes, the Girls Group. LOVE this place......

Yes, my realistic goal is to lose 10-12 pounds at the rate of 1-2 pounds a month. I did this a couiple of years ago and lost 30 pounds and have kept most of it off. However, I am hoping with the decrease in wine I will lose more upfront. Losing it slowly is better for your body and then I do not feel so deprived with regards to eating.

irishlady
December 30th, 2006, 06:13 PM
You know I simply love this whirly girly place, how about we hang some pretty frilly curtains at the windows and get some lovely soft fluffy pink rugs?????
Anyway, weight....when I stopped drinking I hoped to lose some weight, ideally about 20 pounds, BUT, because I replaced the alcohol with chocolate and pastries to help with the sugar cravings my weight has stayed pretty static. Starting from next week I am going to put as much effort into losing that 20 pounds as I have into not drinking.

lushy
December 30th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Great idea Irish for decorating!!! I really love little white twinkle lights. Perhaps we can hang them on a plant in the corner. This is just going to be so much fun....

Flip
December 30th, 2006, 06:33 PM
how about some china dogs and doylies (s?)?

I'm hoping to lose weight too, although my first priority for this (new) year is to NOT drink. However, if I exercise more and don't eat crap, I should lose a bit (Lord knows I have plenty to get rid of!)

I work in Kilograms, so forgive me if I get confused, but is 20 pounds = to 44kg? or is it the other way around? so 20 pounds would be just under 10kg? I'm hopeless with numbers!

I have about 30kg to lose, and I know it's all directly related to drinking too much. I struggled with weight loss in the past because I was trying to drink as well as lose weight. That's pretty hard when half your daily calories are being consumed as red wine!

irishlady
December 30th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Hey Lush, how about we send invitations to all the girls to come on over here....or better still we could have a competition to see who can come up with the best ideas for redecorating this place....Don't know who had it before us but they didn't look after it very well, did they?? Anyway, now that we have all settled in so well,
LETS GET THE PARTY STARTED..

lushy
December 30th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Perfect! Yes, the previous owners really trashed this place. I think we should wait until Tuesday, however, when we know we will get the biggest audience to see our request. Happy New Year to you!!

irishlady
December 30th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Aw bugger to late..the invites have gone out..sorry

weemelonhead
December 30th, 2006, 11:29 PM
The only place I want to lose weight from is my nose...it is like a loaf of bread........10 on the conkerosity scale
looks like second melonhead, but not water....galia

Determinator
January 2nd, 2007, 10:26 PM
I just put on my leotards and am feeling sooo manly right now. :)

I always lose weight when I abstain or moderate, it's just hard during the holidays when I choke down the sweets and other carbs. arg. at least I don't drink any soda or cola....but still it's hard.

Lotus
January 3rd, 2007, 08:44 AM
I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT

Hi

This is my first day as a member on this site.

I myself feel I can do with losing some weight. I am trying to quit alcohol as I believe that it is the main culprit. My stomach is my main problem. Many times have family members patted my stomach to ask when the baby is due. Sometimes I try to laugh it off and other times I lie and say I'm on medication that makes me bloat :mad:

I need to lose about 2 and a half stone (35 lbs). I think it will be good as we can all exchange ideas and support each other through bad weeks.

All the best.
Love Mandy x

Rusty
January 3rd, 2007, 10:37 AM
I want to lose 50 pounds by June. I have packed this on due to a sudden love affair with Vodka and Jager. Gave up the Jager...working on the vodka. Alcohol consumption increases my appetitie. That is a common fact if my brain would just listen. I calculated that about 1,500 calories per day went to drinking. YUCK.

Rusty
January 3rd, 2007, 10:42 AM
Hi Mandy:

I am 45 and in the same boat. I am terribly bloated, all due to alcohol...however, people have thought I was pregnant. Yes, I've used the medication excuse, too, so don't worry about that. Actually, it's none of their business. Weight gain can happen to anyone, whether they drink or not.

I figure the only way to get my confidence back is to cut down on the booze and shed these pounds. When I am in shape, I am confident. I used to be thin, and both friends and clients have made remarks that sound like, "why did you let yourself go?' My goal is to shave off 50 pounds. Take heart, we are all here for you.

Rusty
January 3rd, 2007, 10:44 AM
I want to lose 50 pounds by June. I have packed this on due to a sudden love affair with Vodka and Jager. Gave up the Jager...working on the vodka. Alcohol consumption increases my appetitie. That is a common fact if my brain would just listen. I calculated that about 1,500 calories per day went to drinking. YUCK.

betty boop
January 3rd, 2007, 11:55 AM
Hi Mandi & Rusty, :welcome: to you both,

Mandi I have read your story and I would like to offer any support and help that I can although I'm still not a saint myself :l

I'm checking in on saturday with the weight loss that I have achieved .......

Take care all :l :l

betty boop
January 6th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Hi All,

As promised, I'm checking in with my weight loss.

Went to my Slimming Group and i've lost 3.5lb (which is about 1.5k):banana:

Anyone else .....

Love & Hugs, Paula xx

Matt
January 18th, 2007, 09:21 PM
This is another big lesson I learned about drinking: You simply can't swallow lots of alcohol and expect to lose weight!! It's simple really - but I just didn't get it (or I didn't WANT to get it).:upset:

I kept thinking that I could keep my drinking lifestyle and excersice and I could still get that body I wanted. NO WAY - alcohol is packed with calories and all of it goes to fat storage - alcohol has nothing of nutritional value in it whatsoever... just calories and lots of 'em!

I estimate that I was probably consuming up to 8000 calories per week from alcohol alone. And since all of that is going to fat storage (and alcohol also stops the body from burning fat), then I didn't stand a chance, despite all the exercising I was doing.

Lou
January 18th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Matt...are you the same guy who used to have the big blue guy blinking as your avatar???

betty boop
January 19th, 2007, 04:30 AM
Another 2lb loss for me .....

Mrs Macks
January 19th, 2007, 05:10 AM
Well done Paula;)
Love Lisa xx

betty boop
January 21st, 2007, 05:57 AM
It's official, I'm just too short .........

Attached files /converted_files/178970=425-attachment.jpg (http://www.mywayout.org/VB4/images/converted_files/178970=425-attachment.jpg)

DidItForMe
January 26th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Hello All:

I have been successful in the past at losing weight, sometimes a lot of weight. But you know what happens right? I start drinking again. Once that happens it all comes back. I get slim, I get happy. I am happy, so I drink. I drink ,so I get fat. I get fat, so I get depressed. When I'm depressed, I drink a ton. What a vicious cycle!

I just started on this yesterday and I'm hoping my Dr. will give me the Topa on Monday at my appt. I hear that the Topa not only helps with the cravings, but also with the appetite. Also, I am trying to get at least 1/2 hour of sweat time in every morning (eliptical machine).

Let me know if you find anything that really helps.

Thanks and take care. :thanks:

NL

SK8RGRL
January 26th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Matt;84975 wrote: This is another big lesson I learned about drinking: You simply can't swallow lots of alcohol and expect to lose weight!! It's simple really - but I just didn't get it (or I didn't WANT to get it).:upset:

I kept thinking that I could keep my drinking lifestyle and excersice and I could still get that body I wanted. NO WAY - alcohol is packed with calories and all of it goes to fat storage - alcohol has nothing of nutritional value in it whatsoever... just calories and lots of 'em!

I estimate that I was probably consuming up to 8000 calories per week from alcohol alone. And since all of that is going to fat storage (and alcohol also stops the body from burning fat), then I didn't stand a chance, despite all the exercising I was doing.
Matt- Thanks for saying it how it is.You are so right about kidding ourselves that as long as you exercise you can lose weight, and still drink.We know you cant.I am using this as my main motivation to get sober. If my weight drops I feel so much better about myself.I am also curious to see how my appearence changes in other ways(eyes, skin,bloated face etc...lurvley) .That lovely drink I crave so much has made my weight shoot up by 451bs! It has to go. :thanks: again Matt.;) P. S did you manage to quit or moderate and did you see changes x

betty boop
January 26th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Hi Maxine,

Once again I wanted to say I'm glad that you are back, how are you doing tonight??

Missed you love,

Oaula xx

bear73
January 28th, 2007, 08:29 AM
YES YES YES COUNT ME IN!!!
I need to lose 35 pounds.I cycle 20 mins 5 days a week travelling to work and have generally exercised 2 - 3 times a week too (maybe 1-2 due to cancelled sessions due to hangovers)..
But when I binge drink at weekends I don't exercise due to hangover, eat junk food when drunk and then crave even more junk when hungover and I don't move.
No wonder my weight has gone up and down like a yo yo since I was 18. I reckon I was consuming 2000 - 3000 calories extra a week just in booze (wine and vodka usually).
I read somewhere that 3500 calories extra is roughly a pound in weight.

I feel so much better since stopping drinking, I am exercising more consistently - I too was in big denial about booze being why I put on/yo yoed with weight.Trying to save 500 - 800 cals per night at weekends means you have v little food, get drunk quicker, then need to eat when you're out (inevitably junk) when you're drunk.

so yes I'm in the wegiht loss club - I've lost 1.5 pounds in first week of not drinking and not sure about rest as missed weight watchers. I'm not doing points but calorie counting as I find it easier but the classes help
my motivation.
anyway - how about a weekly weigh in post?
xx

betty boop
January 28th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Hi Bear,

Yes a weekly weigh in post would be a good idea, I'll start it on the fitness forum

Mrs Macks
January 28th, 2007, 10:28 AM
I'm in if thats ok......It will be good for...abit of encouragment

Beaches
January 28th, 2007, 11:54 AM
I'm in!!! I have lost 6 lbs in the last week and as I said in another post am re-motivated to lose the drinking again so that should help. It will be good to have the support.
I need to lose at least 40lbs by summer. I started Atkins through ediets.com last week and have been following it right along. Except for the no alcohol part. Now it should be better!

Nice Girl's Group :)

gabby
January 29th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Just a bit of motivation for all you lovely peeps here. I started mmmmm I guess almost 8 months ago now. Completly AF for that long. (hard and sometimes easy but hard too) But a good benefit has been I got 36 lbs down. How cool is that? Now I will admit to gaining about 5 of those lbs back since a new boyfriend. (he cooks...owie) So now I still wanna get 10 more off instead of 5 but its a matter of getting back into the gym and more moderation with food. But that 10 lbs loss will put me into a solid size 8 or maybe even smaller. Kinda a size 8 now maybe...size 10's are loose.
Anyway ladies....hopefully this helps.

Now I DO take topamax and DONT drink at all. Also I did workout a lot last summer and fall.
But truthfully I think walking would have been enough.
Good luck to you all!

betty boop
January 29th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Wow Gabby, that's inspiring ...

Could it be all the new relationship sex that's helping as well :H :H :H

gabby
January 29th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Actually thats when I gained back the 5 lbs. Crap