Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st January 2007

1st January 2007

Well done Brigid,...Another 40 minutes to go here in UK...I love the quote from T.S. Eliot....especially the last bit...And to make an end is to make a begining...That fits everyone here, because in making an end to our addiction we are making such a beautiful begining to the rest of our lives..

Love and Peace to you for 2007
    Louise xxx
    A F F L..
    Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

1st January 2007

HiYaFolks:

The trip out west to see the family was good. Gift cards for the adults, and toys for the little ones. I have two relatively new second cousins aged 2 years that are fraternal twins of the same sex. I got them some Fisher-Price beads and stacker rings not knowing what else to get them. Amazingly, they were a big hit with them. Must have been the bright colors. Last time I saw them, they were 3 days old I think.

Spending New Years Eve at home. I have the tube turned to VH1 classics, watching 20 greatest videos of all time. Theater amp is cranked, and the house is shaking. Heh-heh. I can do that out here in the woods.
      700 watts of window rattling volume.

Later, I think Encore channel is playing all James Bond movies back to back. Hence, the HD recorder will be on for a while, and I hope to get them all on DVD after a bit of editing. No commercials or censoring. James Bond was my big hero when I was a little kid of course. He always had all the best stuff, and was the coolest. I think the 1965 Sears Christmas catalog had all the "Goldfinger" toys, and I wanted them pretty bad. Ha! I was only 8 years old, and just had to have the "Goldfinger" laser torture table. I ended up getting a James Bond cap gun Walther PPK I think, and that was just too cool. Remember, this was 1965, and the world had not yet gone completely insane. (for me at least) :H

Anyway, 2007 is about an hour and a half away for me, and I hope everyone is feeling hopefull and optimistic. I sure am. Two sober New Years Eves in a row now. Hoo boy! This could get to be a habit I think!!

Comment

1st January 2007

Hello All,
        I just got up for the first New Years Day in many years sober and to the cooing of a tiny baby. My grand-daughter stayed the night with us, and has just woken up, so I'm going to feed her shortly...also I'll have to do the less pleasant duty of changing her bum which comes with the territory...it's been a while.

Brigid. I love the Edgar A. Guest quote.
        Thanks
        Here's a couple thatI have found;
        I will seek elegance rather than luxury, refinement rather than fashion. I will seek to be worthy more than respectable, wealthy and not rich. I will study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly. I will listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with an open heart. I will bear all things cheerfully, do all things bravely await occasions and hurry never. In a word I will let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious grow up through the common. - William Ellery Channing

Good resolutions are like babies crying in church; they should be carried out immediately. - Charles M. Sheldon

Louise. You seem to be doing fine. I hope you're enjoying your hols.

Neil. It's good to hear from you. Sounds like you had a great Christmas. The people up the stairs from me also have what seems like 700W booming away as I type, but that's OK. It's only once a year.

...again, I hope everyone still to post is having a ball.

Well I'd better get back to my babysitting duties before the little one gets grouchy.....

Comment

1st January 2007

paulb wrote:
          I will seek elegance rather than luxury, refinement rather than fashion. I will seek to be worthy more than respectable, wealthy and not rich. I will study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly. I will listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with an open heart. I will bear all things cheerfully, do all things bravely await occasions and hurry never. In a word I will let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious grow up through the common.
          Paul, thank you so much for that.

Comment

1st January 2007

I love all the quotes here. Thank you Brigid and Paul.
            I am starting off 2007 with 31 solid days of sobriety. Feeling pretty hopeful today.
            Spent New Years Eve day at work, home at 8 pm to face a houseful of boys...my 3 and 3 additional. My husband worked last night. What am I doing up this early?? 2 of the boys stayed up ALL night!! All six of them ran out back to our trampoline at midnight. It was classic!! Wish I had taped it!

Wishing all a peaceful and joyful 2007!!

Comment

Working...
            X