Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introduce Myself

Hi, I would like to join with you. :new:

I've just completed my first ever 30+AF days.

I began last month with this introduction in Monthly Abstinence:
    "I've been on and off the MYO program for near a year now, and I want to get serious. The rest of my nightly "moderation" bottle of wine is down the drain, with no delusion that I can handle it. What was I thinking?! And I think of myself as a thinker!"

I was on Topo for a month or two earlier, and though it did help quite a bit, I finally decided moderation was not working for me. As many have said before me, something clicked. I tapered off, switched to Campral, and it has been close to a miracle for me.

I've enjoyed the success and commitment you have shared here. I hope I can make a contribution as well.

Capto

Introduce Myself

Welcome capto, glad you have joined us....I have nothing but admiration for people who do moderation, For me it would require too much self control, I think also once you make your mind up to abstain several things seem to click into place and it just makes sense not to drink anymore....Hope you stick around..

Louise xx
    A F F L..
    Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Introduce Myself

Welcome

I know what you mean for me I have to abstain for at least a couple of months if not for good.
      I think campral sounds like something I would like to look into.

Hope to see you post again!

Tak care!

Kitkat
      AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
      Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

Introduce Myself

Hi Capto.... Louise... Kate.. and others to follow.

Know what? I reckon that to do this you HAVE to get serious... its a serious thing to make sensible choices and it involves looking at your own life honestly with consciousness. For me this has been challenging at times (of course) and it has involved change.. REAL change... change at a DNA level and ongoing change. Dabbling in sobriety does not work.. well it didnt for me. It only has worked when I did it consciously.. and it only worked for me when I did it for ME,.. it never worked when I did it for someone else (eg. .my family).

But lets face it, people coming and posting on this site dont want to stay the same, their first posts express their exhaustion at the hold that alcohol has over them.. they WANT to change.. funny cos then comes the resistance. And the advertising of booze and its sophistication etc etc etc makes us WANT it so much even when we know that we cant be 'normal' drinkers. Its a complicated mix of things to work through.. getting healthy.. changing habits.. working on why we drink ourselves.. resisting temptation and seeing it for what it is... a trap for us.. and then choosing to be happy with our decisions and not resisting it anymore.

So, Capto.. I say.. bring on the change for you!!!

Louise, what did you do to that cat to get that photo!!!!

Gina.. (from yesterday) hi and have a great 2007... and Neil, welcome home.

Brigid

Comment

Introduce Myself

Brigid if I told you what I did to the cat, well I would have the Cats Protection League after me, but please believe me when I say, no animal was harmed in the making of that avatar....
          A F F L..
          Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Introduce Myself

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Louise... I'll have to take your 'sober' word for it!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Introduce Myself

HIC, HIC!!!!!!
              A F F L..
              Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Introduce Myself

Louise, Kitkat, Kate, and Brigid, thank you for your welcome and responses. Choices, changes, and control, all difficult and frankly quite scary when we are under the grip of alcohol.

Here’s wishing all of us in this forum and throughout MYO a Happy New Year.

Cap

Comment

Introduce Myself

Hi Cap, Louise, Brigid, Kate, Kitkat and all,
                  I hope you all had a nice, peaceful time.
                  I spent yesterday with my wife's family. We had a good meal at lunch time, then the festivities started again. We were invited to a party, but decided agaist it, which by all accounts was a wise choice. Apparently there were more than a few harsh words spoken and nobody is talking to anyone else. My sister-in-law is just off the phone to my wife with a blow-by-blow account of the proceedings. I must admit to a slight case of pride in myself. I am beginning to make wise decisions.
                  I'd like to thank everyone at MWO for helping me on what really is My way out. A long way to go I know, but I'm feeling strong and happy with the way things are going.

Comment

Introduce Myself

capto wrote: Hi, I would like to join with you. :new:

I've just completed my first ever 30+AF days.

I began last month with this introduction in Monthly Abstinence:
                    "I've been on and off the MYO program for near a year now, and I want to get serious. The rest of my nightly "moderation" bottle of wine is down the drain, with no delusion that I can handle it. What was I thinking?! And I think of myself as a thinker!"

I was on Topo for a month or two earlier, and though it did help quite a bit, I finally decided moderation was not working for me. As many have said before me, something clicked. I tapered off, switched to Campral, and it has been close to a miracle for me.

I've enjoyed the success and commitment you have shared here. I hope I can make a contribution as well.

Capto
                    Day 63 for me, thanks to willpower, campral, exercise, additives, and the MYO book. Good luck.

Comment

Introduce Myself

Welcome

Welcome LogoJohn,

Two months AF is impressive. Let's stay with it.

Capto

Comment

Working...
                      X