I need to do this!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to do this!!!

Hi everyone,This is the first time i,ve ever joined a chat group.I am 43 and have been drinking and partying hard since i was 14.I have a beautiful family and feel I have taken it for granted.I need to stop drinking now and somehow turn my life around.I know it's going to be hard so any support would be appreciated.Thanks,Bob.

I need to do this!!!

Thanks

Kate,Thanks for the reply.I think the hardest part is the self inflicted lonliness and guilt.And though I'm not drinking now I can't stop thinking about it.Why?Bob

Comment

I need to do this!!!

Hi Bob.
      Kate is right. All of us when we start here think about booze every second of every minute... I think that is part of the process. But instead of actually drinking it.. read.. read.. read... inform your sober brain and listen to your gut which is helping you to not drink right now.

Lets face it.. your first post indicates your awareness of how you WANT to change.. so now, you have to put the energy and time into finding out HOW you are going to change.. use the effort needed to decide what will work for you.. discuss it.. think and reflect on it and DO it.

As Kate says, its the kindest thing you can do for yourself, even if it is hard at times.
      Brigid

Comment

I need to do this!!!

Thanks for the support and kind words.It means a lot now as i start on this journey.I feel like I'm losing my best friend who is really my worst enemy.Is there anything to help me sleep and calm my nerves as I feel withdrawal symptoms setting in.Bob

Comment

Working...
        X