Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My story

Hi there....glad to be here.
    My story is......I grew up with an abusive Mother who put me down at every opportunity. 50 years later I stopped talking to her for the most part.....I still love her, but not her nastey phone calls or letter/cards. She has just recently noticed this (she is 83) and she is not happy, but I am getting there. I think in retrospect that both my beloved and kind father (thank God) and my mother were alcoholics. I have a good life now. I raised an adopted daughter who turned out to have asperger's syndrome (VERY DIFFICULT TO Do) and we have a natural daughter who was always the sunshine of our lives!! I have been married to my High school sweetheart for almost 36 years and I am 54........I have never been with anyone else in my life and I am very greatful for my life, but not this monkey on my back! I just spent the holidays hiding from the rest of the family..(not my husband, the saint....he knows) my problems with alcohol. I have 3 brilliant and wonderful special grandchildren who range in age from 5 yrs (barely) to 18 months. I love them desperately and want to see them grow up! Help, My:new:

My story

HI, I too am new and seeking help, to day is day one for me trying alcohol free, I am having issues, guess my inner demons are tormenting me right now!! I have read a lot of inspiring stories, best advice I can give is to read through these blogs, everyone has what works for them but you can definitely see a trend in what works. :new:
    It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
    James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

My story

Hi Newgrl......
      Thanks for the reply....it's nerve-wracking to write this information and then wait for a response. Even tho you are quite sure you're not being judged it feels like uh oh.......I wrote the wrong thing!! Anyway, thanks and best of luck to you.......thanks, My

Comment

My story

How is day one??? Are you hanging in there??? Newgril......let me know if I can help!, M

Comment

My story

Hi My,
          You have come to the right place. There are a few of us out here who have children on the autism spectrum. My son (4) has autism. You will find a lot of support.
          You will not be judged here. Everyone has a story and reason to be here. That's the important thing that you are here. It's scary to talk about deep and dark secrets and actually see them on the screen it's also the beginning of healing.
          Keep reading and keep posting.
          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

My story

Hi My,

Thanks so much for sharing your story, i'l be back with more later but for the minute i'm at work sneaking in a visit to here, but then I guess that that is better thank sneaking a drink .......

Love & hugs & keep posting, Paula :h :l :h
            sigpicXXX

Comment

My story

I failed.
              It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
              James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

My story

Hi New Girl:

Yesterday was my day one too and I also failed. Today is a new day... What are you going to do different today than you did yesterday? What will you have for lunch and dinner?

imgoingtodothis.
                Iamgoingtodothis:new:

Comment

My story

I have no idea!!!!!!!!
                  James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

My story

How you doin now nwgrl?????

There's lots of us about for you .............

Just check in and let us know that you're OK......

Love & Hugs, Paula :h :l :h
                    sigpicXXX

Comment

My story

UMMM.... I am okay right now, want to drink though. This is not easy. The rationla part of me is saying don't do it, but then their is a part of me saying..come on just one more day of it...feed me!!!!!
                      James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

My story

oh and for lunch i cut up a rotisserie chicken and put some of the meat in a whole wheat piece of bread and I had that with a handful of almonds and some water...don't know about dinner yet, the boyfriend is coming over so he will probably want to go out to dinner, don't have a problem with drinking when I am out or with friends, it is when I come home and am alone that i begin to want it.
                        James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

My story

Hey to everyone and especially Iamgoingtodothis and newgrl.........you did not fail because you came and you spoke and you gave yourself hope........and you and I and all of the rest of us will do this!!! NOTPOWERLESS.......I noticed your little ps.....I work in a group home and have for 21 years....love my autistic and schiczos and downssyndrowme the very best..... they give me power because they have been sooooo challenged and still come out fighting fiercely........what an inspiration. How is your little boy doing?
                          Have you gotten good help for him?? Autism is so treatible these days........my daughter was not diagnosed until she was 18, but believe you me.....I had her to 1 million and 1 doctors before that and they all knew something was wrong, but not what. Life........what next? My

Comment

My story

Hey y'all, keep hanging in there. Failure is an event. It may happen. Keep coming back. You will make it.
                            Love and Peace,
                            Phil
                            Love and Peace,
                            Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

My story

Myohmy wrote: Hi there....glad to be here.
                              My story is......I grew up with an abusive Mother who put me down at every opportunity. 50 years later I stopped talking to her for the most part.....I still love her, but not her nastey phone calls or letter/cards. She has just recently noticed this (she is 83) and she is not happy, but I am getting there. I think in retrospect that both my beloved and kind father (thank God) and my mother were alcoholics. I have a good life now. I raised an adopted daughter who turned out to have asperger's syndrome (VERY DIFFICULT TO Do) and we have a natural daughter who was always the sunshine of our lives!! I have been married to my High school sweetheart for almost 36 years and I am 54........I have never been with anyone else in my life and I am very greatful for my life, but not this monkey on my back! I just spent the holidays hiding from the rest of the family..(not my husband, the saint....he knows) my problems with alcohol. I have 3 brilliant and wonderful special grandchildren who range in age from 5 yrs (barely) to 18 months. I love them desperately and want to see them grow up! Help, My:new:
                              Hi
                              I only joined today as this is the year I have finally decide to do something about my drinking,. I have tried in the past to no avail. I start each day being extremely critical about the amount of alcohol consumed the day before. I usually only start when I have finished for the day which could be 6,7,or 8 pm. However , when I start Iam on a downward spiral. I have just read the book My Way Out and this seems to be the most sensible way to go. I hate the thought of going to public meetings
                              My mother was also an extremely critical woman . She now has early Alzheimers which seems to make forget hwo nasty she could be. Great side effect. Both my parents drank alcohol on a regular basis. I would like to have someone in my life who understands . My husband is supportive but does not have the first hand understanding.

Comment

Working...
                              X