Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fit Fab AF November

Hi Guys,

I have slipped a bit lately & am looking forward to a very productive & sober November. Who is joining me?

My goals this month are-
    -lose 2 pounds a week
    -eat clean & lean healthy food
    -exercise 6 days a week, 3 days running, 1 day karate, 2 days gym
    -keep moving forward & continue to learn & grow (whilst shrinking my waist!)

Let's rock this month- we can do this. :h
    SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Fit Fab AF November

Hiya PINKSTERS!

Well, like Sarah I decided I would try moderation in October, after an AF September
    we have both just started week 8 of our 12 week body transformation and
    I am thrilled to have lost 7kilos in the first 7 weeks.
    So my goals for November -

AF
    lose a kilo per week
    exercise 6 days a week (combination of body pump, personal training, gym & pilates - plus a 30 min treadmill or outdoor run per week)
    Eat foods that will give my body great fuel.

Really going for it in November. Who else is up for this?

Glam
    xx

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

I am up for it.

I am 10 days AF now. I gave up caffeine and soft drinks last week.

I am not going to put a weight loss goal.....just say instead that I want to improve my fitness, lose the bloat and see my waist shrink.

Exercise a minimum of 5 days per week, 6 days if I can. A mixture of Les Mills classes with some boxing thrown in.

Today started off great, I did 2 hours exercise and burnt 750 calories.

I am really looking forward to achieving some goals this month.

Good luck to everyone for a fantastic month and some great sober bods in time for Christmas.

Ella

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

I am definitely on board. Very disappointed with myself for messing up, but will make today the day I give myself back the AF life my children and myself deserve.....
        Going shopping with my girls; will stock up on good healthy food and start on my vitamins and supplements again.
        My brother and I are swimming tonight. It's a start!
        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

Welcome Ellaq & Daisy.

Great goals Ellaq & excellent work on 10 days AF. 750 cals burnt is a fab workout.

Daisy enjoy your swim-always a good start for you. Day 1 for me too!

Busy day at work for me but will do my abs routine this evening. Planning on a 5 mile run in the morning, so far my sore back isn't too bad today.

It is going to be a great month.

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

Hi All

Well I must be doing something wrong because I have gained 1kg......I think that is 2 pounds. I am eating well and exercising well.......so I am really hoping it is just fluid.

Didn't get to the gym today as my baby is sick.

Have a feeling though that everytime I set myself a weight loss target the scales seem to move in the opposite direction. Has to be something I am eating so I am going to start tracking online.

Ella xx

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

its great to have motivation again. Day 2 for me and i got home and took the dogs for a walk instead of a wine or 10000. Dogs loved it and so did i, taking a day at a time but definitely breaking the cycle of my old routine.

go girls
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

Hiya Girls

I would like to join this thread. I am 3 days AF and plan in the next few days to stop smoking as well. Smoking really stops me from doing exercise but I thought I would wait a few days into being AF before I started that road..

Anyway I really want to start exercising but because I'm a single Mum with a 6 year old with a full time teaching job, my time is quite limited. I have a very basic gym in my apartment complex so I guess I could use the treadmill there ? And I have some small 1.5 kg weights.

Can anyone suggest a program I should start? Or a website. I don't need to lose weight but I need to tone up the stomach, legs and 'bat wing arms'!! And do some cardio.I have a skipping rope??

Thanks
                Patrice

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

loving exercise

Well Patrice i need to tone up all u do too lol but i am sticking with walking for the first bit and it is great for the endorphins and such nice scenery and vitamin D. Does your 6 year old have a pushbike, if so why dont u walk and he/she ride. I am not a gym person but have an exercise ball that has been sitting in the corner for a year so thinking just thinking of starting the dvd exercises on that one. One step at a time, baby steps i think.

Oh and i smoke but i think i still need a crutch at this stage. I was going to give up the fags but instead have decided the alcohol will make my days brighter.

AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

Patrice

I can't recommend a exercise regime per se because I am a gym goer. But I do know that squatting, lunges and push-ups are great exercises you can do at home. Tricep Push-ups are the best thing ever for batwings......I will have to try to find you a youtube of them because they are hard to explain.

Womens health magazines usually have an exercise routine in them that you can do at home.

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEgzumrUC_E[/video]]How to Work Out Properly : Tricep Push-Ups - YouTube

Tricep pushup

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

Hi Girls & a big welcome to Patrice & Available, & a big hi to my great buddy Glam.

Patrice there is tons of stuff online, utube is great for free stuff. I often look at the zumba videos which are a great fun way to work up a sweat. Glam may have some good suggestions for you.

Talking of sweat I am off to my karate class tonight. Planning on a run tomorrow before work but the weather is shocking, I don't normally let it stop me but it is so windy it is a bit dangerous.

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

Hi everybody. Sarahjane, isn't it so dull outside? I have spent today shifting furniture around so that I could get my massive cross-trainer out of the garage and set up a mini-gym in my kitchen. I also have a vibration plate, which, to be honest, haven't been too impressed with and an exercise bike. Would love a running machine but we'll see how I go.
                          Having read quite a few posts from veterans that have succeeded, the main common denominator (apart from not drinking alcohol) is exercise. I have felt this myself but after my latest lapse I have decided to get the big guns out!!!! This should help when the weather is just too bad.....
                          I will also keep swimming and can't wait to feel great again - should only take a couple more days to flush the dregs of alcohol from my system completely.........
                          My next goal is to get up earlier each day to get an hour of exercise while the rest of the world sleeps....early bird and all that.......haha! Watch this space; it may take a while......

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

hi all you fit and fabsters!
                            Exercise really is tremendous in so many ways.
                            When exercising at home I have found workout videos/DVD's to be the most motivational way - with some decent instruction and music. You can always pick these up so inexpensively from charity shops/car boot sales etc, or even school fetes.
                            legs - squats and lunges, step ups etc
                            batwings - tricep work and biceps too (all muscles need to be worked in muscle pairs)
                            Stomach - sit ups, crunches, plank etc
                            CV - nothing better than a brisk walk outdoors - use your skipping rope too - thats the way boxers do it!! Mainly, stay AF to keep your determination and resolve high.
                            xx

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

Hi Glam, good to hear from you. I think with these Winter months coming in it is good to think of other ways to exercise so there is no excuse for cutting down. It is such a key part of this process and one that we all want to continue as a way of life.
                              Just out of interest, have any of you any ideas (I don't quite know how to put this, but...) on how I can get an 'arse'!? Don't laugh!!!!
                              Oooh, that looks awful in writing but I am being genuine. I am at a weight I am happy with after losing quite a bit, but never had a great ass. Now with the weight off, there is next to nothing. When I get heavier, I get bigger all over so the proportions stay the same. I think I need body sculpting or something. I am also very much 'lacking' in the boobs department which I find is really helped by swimming.
                              I used to be embarrassed walking into the pool because I was fat, now I am so conscious of my 'no ass' look!
                              Looking forward to the response on this one.......

Comment

Working...
                              X