X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November Mod Squad

hi Modders
    New month, right!
    This month, my goals are to take a walk every day, even if it is not very far.
    Listen to one of my many hypnotic or subliminal CDs at night.
    Keep a journal, write every day.
    Lila

November Mod Squad

Thanks for starting us off, Lila! Your goal list made me think of mine while out on my walk. I already exercise everyday and am happy with what I'm doing - run/walk, bike, lift weights, do exercise tapes, play golf. For rest of November I am going to try limit my drinking to 3X/week and no more than 3 drinks/day, preferably 2.
    Exer: Walked 4 miles, UB wt lifting, Firm V.2 floorwork

TMH
    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

November Mod Squad

Waking up to a cool Sat. a.m. Still shorts weather but starting off day & golf with a sweater. Thur nite was AF, slept little; last night had 2 drinks and slept like a log. See ad on tv for "midnite" a new sleep aid that can be taken b4 bedtime or middle of night. Will get some.

No one else moderating? Does that mean you're not thinking about or having to control AL, or does that mean you're back to just plain drinking?

Yest exercise was only 18 holes of golf but just ate a light salad for dinner so wt was good this a.m.

TMH

Comment

November Mod Squad

I am here, TMH, yesterday I was a little under the weather. I think it is the change of seasons. One day its freezing, then its really warm.
        I have trouble sleeping as well. I know, its a conundrum! And a glass or two of wine is just so delightfully relaxing!
        With the ADs, I am getting a little um, unintentional about everything, so I am going to reread the book and take the supps again. And I am still not exercising! What I want is a treadmill or something.
        Well, today is a new day! I am actually feeling happy and confident, just a bit lazy!

Comment

November Mod Squad

Having a good day. Had some wine yesterday, mid afternoon, 2.5 gl spread out over few hours, did not continue drinking once home so happy about that.

Lila - glad you are feelng better! Too bad I didn't know you before leaving your part of the country; I sold my treadmill for $300. It was a high end one. While out walking today talked to friend from midwest; she said temps were good and she went for a 1 hr walk, then did 1 hr yoga. Please keep those nice temps for one and two weeks out as coming back! LOL

Yest played 18 holes again and got very sore. How can that be! Was going to run today to "rest up". Knee tweaked this a.m., sure it's from walking on tile floors with only slippers on so just walked 4 miles, then did situps and stretching.

TMH

Comment

November Mod Squad

i'm very impressed with your daily exercise TMH. I cannot seem to do that! I get going on something, last for a about 6 months, then i just gradually stop going for a month or two and have to start all over!
            I've been doing body pump at the Y that way for years.
            TODAY, after 3 weeks of skipping it, I am going back!
            It's just so hard to commit to the time. I work full time, but i have a flexible schedule. I also have a child in school, carpool, and the usual chores. Plus, I make jewelry on the side and would rather spend my free time doing that than exercising! So, it's hard to fit it in. But, again, i'm gonna try.

my drinking has consistently gone up to 5 nights a week over the last month! so, that's another thing i got to get on! this week i am def going to have at least 3 nights AF.

well, it's monday. back to the grind.

Comment

November Mod Squad

hi modders!
              TMH, I wish I had known! I would have loved a treadmill. I am admiring your exercising as well.
              LGL, I know what you mean about things creeping up! You still have a club membership, then?And, what kind of jewelry do you make? Do you sell it at fairs?
              I have a pretty bad sore throat, and one kid home from school today. So another excuse not to exercise. But I do want to start.
              I will check back later, have to get everybody off to school. Love this extra hour, feels so leisurely!
              happy monday
              L

Comment

November Mod Squad

Hi modders! Yest was spent moving back into our main condo after moving out for guests who paid a generous amount to charity to use it. The good news about having dh here now and going through the moving bit, he agreed if we give away one unit to charity it's going to be the smaller one so we don't have to move. Thank goodness! You wouldn't think it's a lot of work - IT IS! We had 4 bikes for them to use here so yest I rode one back to other condo and walked home, couple miles each way.

Thanks LGL and Lila re: exercise; it's like I almost can NOT do it. History is I started running in 1980, started doing marathons in 1983 and so my life since my mid 30's has revolved around working out, now being a lot less, of course. But when I was raising a family, working FT, sometimes taking classes, I'd work out 1.5 hrs/day and if in training run for 3-4 hrs on Sat. Ahh, but that's history. Oh, and if you're curious, I did this all while drinking. As did 90% of my friends.

Been up since 3:00a as was AF yest. Played 18 holes of golf and walked 2 miles. Am going to do situps and stretches and then shower as it's back up to 82 deg & I do need that shower! LOL

Hope you're having a good start to the week!

TMH

Comment

November Mod Squad

hi modders
                  still sick, didn't sleep last night, very crabby today!
                  TMH, moving places even for temporary sounds like a lot of work!
                  L

Comment

November Mod Squad

Hi modders,
                    I seem to be checking in less and less but am still maintaining in the mod world. I keep thinking about starting a moderation management group in my area as I think meeting face to face with other people struggling would be great. I know it helps for AA folks so I think it could definitely help those trying to moderate. However, still have under a year left of school which keeps me pretty occupied. Someday maybe. There are groups set up in different cities. Boston I think has one. Would be interesting to check your city and see if a group is set up and attend. Would love to hear a report of how that worked. Google Moderation Management and you should see info re your city.
                    Will try to be in touch more. Hope everyone is well.
                    :l
                    Eve11
                    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

November Mod Squad

modders, let's get back on track!
                      I am now making deliberate changes in my life instead of just hoping for change to just happen. Supps, hypnosis, journaling.
                      where are you all and where are you at?
                      Eve, thanks for checking in, so good to hear from you. What helped you most change your habits?
                      L

Comment

November Mod Squad

New to this thread; Advice, anyone?

Hi Guys. I joined up a month ago after realizing that daily drinking and weekly drunken conduct was not what I could tolerate in myself. Now, here's my situation: Much to my utter amazement, after starting my AF 30 days, (I'm about done) I found that it was easy for me to quit. Once I made the decision to do it, I did not want a drink. No cravings. Nothing. It didn't bother me to watch my husband drink; I breezed happily through the weekends, and was waiting for the tough part to start. It didn't.

I feel tons better of course! Much fresher, happier etc. But no real desire to drink. I am by nature a very busy, social person. With Thanksgiving coming up, I am considering having some champagne or wine, or maybe my daughters signature Irish Cream cocoa after the meal. Do you think this is playing with fire? I have NO idea how to make this decision. Naturally I don't want to start drinking like I had been, but I don't want to pass it by forever either. Has anyone else had an experience similar?

Comment

November Mod Squad

not really, Crocus. My guess is that it would be okay. Or you could just get sparkling beverages, since you feel so much better.
                          Did you just stop, or did you use the program (supps, etc)?
                          and...welcome to modders, hope you stick around, I am hoping our little thread gets revived!
                          L

Comment

November Mod Squad

good morning, modders!
                            well, after just hanging out here for so long, I am finally DOING a lot of the suggestions - many of the supps, plus l-glut, and I ordered chromium picolinate as well, for carb cravings. I had a great day yesterday, not eating nearly as much, and not having any drinks.
                            I am also using the CD set, which I have had for years. The first time I listened to Clearing, I fell asleep. I woke up early, and just listened to it. Hypnosis has really worked for me in the past, and I am ready to deal with things that have held me back.
                            check in, gang! want to hear how everyone's doing!
                            L

Comment

November Mod Squad

Top of the morning to all modders! I've been around, back in home state where every night we are having dinner with a different couple - friends, boss & wife, etc. So there has been daily drinking but no more than 3. Last night it was 2 gl of wine. I do, however, need to make a firm decision and stick to it rather than let my surroundings dictate how often and how much I drink, I DO NOT WANT TO BE A DAILY DRINKER.

Lila - good for you on all the positive changes! I need to get better with my supps too, may even give Kadzu a try again. I do have a dr request for trazadone & hope to get that filled soon so not sleeping doesn't continue to be an excuse for drinking.

Crocus - up to you, I guess. Sounds like you do a good job of being social w/o alcohol - in fact, thanks for bringing that up as I recall when I went AF and went out with friends I almost enjoyed my evening more! Congrats on the almost 30 days! Maybe you will want to enjoy an alcoholic bev on just holidays to start. Can you give some more examples of how much better you feel?

Eve- you must be lurking! Know you're busy - love when you stop by as you seem to have great wisdom and have been at this consciously so much longer than most of us.

LGL, Rebirth, anyone else please join us, let's do this together!

Ok, off to church and early Thanksgiving dinner at son's house.

TMH

Comment

Working...
                              X