Good heart rate monitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good heart rate monitor?

I'm wondering if anyone has tried different heart rate monitors and found one they like. I'm thinking of buying one. Not looking for anything too $$$$ for my first one.

Let me know if you have tried something you like!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Good heart rate monitor?

Doggygirl;1205488 wrote: I'm wondering if anyone has tried different heart rate monitors and found one they like. I'm thinking of buying one. Not looking for anything too $$$$ for my first one.

Let me know if you have tried something you like!

DG
    Hi DG,

I use the Suunto t6d. Check out different suppliers for prices. Amazon.com is your best bet. I had a Polar HRM prior, but the Suunto is the most accurate I've found!
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good heart rate monitor?

Thanks Techie! I'll check it out. Might as well be accurate if I'm going to make the investment, right?

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Good heart rate monitor?

Wow techie - you have a FANCY model!!! I'm hoping to find the best I can do for no more than $200. Do you have any feedback on the less expensive models in that brand? Or, do you think it's not worth getting one (due to accuracy issues, etc.) unless I am able to go for the higher end models?

Thanks!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Good heart rate monitor?

I have had a few polar HRMs. One was stolen hence the replacement. I always buy the just out of date model from the polar shop in Australia. I usually spend around $140 including postage. It works out my calories burnt on my weight and height and my age plus my heart rate.

Comment

Good heart rate monitor?

DG - I have used Polar HM for years ranging from cheapest ones to expensive ones. I have found the accuracy of the cheaper ones absolutely fine, they usually just have less functions. Due to finances, at the moment I'm using a fairly basic one which was less than ?80 and it's great for showing HR and calories burned.
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

Good heart rate monitor?

Thanks Ellaq and Chillgirl for the additional info. I'm thinking a basic one that give me HR and est. calories burned will suit me fine for now. Sounds like Polar would be a decent brand for my first time out of the gate.

Thanks all!!!!

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
              X