Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUGLE CALL.... Jan 4, 07....I'm baaaaack

:eeks: Good Mornin' Fitters!!

Boy, it sure is great to be back here! I posted in the General Discussion group to give an update on my holidays. The upside is I didn't fall into the abyss, didn't loose my longterm vision and after dabbling with the alcohol over the holidays I learned that after just a bit of tempting, the drinking demon in me was just lying dormant and came to life with a vengence!! Thankfully, I put myself to bed before it could wage any major drama. whew. But, I woke up with a hangover from hell (after not having one in so long... I was re-sensitized, Ithink) which was all the reminder I needed to know that I am so much happier AF.

The downside, even more than tempting the drinking demon, was the total abandon with which I ate!! Holy Cow! Of course I was stuck in the middle of a traditional Euro loooong Christmas holiday with major huge feasts and , I kid you not, about 4 billion home made Christmas cookies of every description within reach at every moment. Way, way too much temptation for me. After two weeks, I came home about five pounds heavier and feeling like a total slug. Yuck. So, I'm slowly pulling my slug self up off the ground, trying to resume vertical and cleansing with lots of water and good, healthy, whole foods. I've read that others are banning the "white stuff" in the their diets. Me too.

And then there's the exercise. Oh Lisa, how I missed your inspirational posts!! We're still on vacation here and the weather is cold, rainy and grey. And, hubby's home and my daughter is home so I don't have any "me" time to get to the gym this week. But, starting Monday I'm there!!! Between now and then I hope to take some nice long walks and at least get the blood circulating again. smile.

Anyway, long post, but I wanted to to say hey, let you know how the holidays worked out for me, and to let you know that starting Monday I'll be checking in every day after the gym to report my progress and glean your inspirational posts!!

take care,
    Olly

Hi Olly, it's good to hear from you!!! Glad that you are having a great vacation!!! I haven't been dieting or exercising. I got sick Christmas morning and have been under the weather ever since. Finally, starting to get better but still am not well enough to exercise. So Monday sounds great!!! Hopefully, I'll be well enough to start back on an exercise program.

I did get my Perricone books for Christmas and am reading fervishly in my spare time about diet and exercise so that I can upgrade my health efforts in line with new info.

Have a great rest of your vacation. I'm looking forward to Monday.

Monica
    Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Hey MM,
      Funny, sorta, but I was actually wishing I might get sick for the Christmas holidays as then I'd have a legitimate excuse not to address the "will I drink wine, will I stay AF" delimina. Sorry to hear you've been under the weather though and hope you're bouncing back into good health. Let us know what you really like from the Pericone books. I've briefed through them... however, there's no way I can eat salmon that often. I read the Fat Flush series a few years ago and they are pretty similiar. I know for me, reading books like that, just as coming here, gives me tremendous motivation and helps to stay focused.

So, drink / eats lots of homemade chicken or vegie soup, (which always makes me feel healthier) and catch up with you on Monday when we'll both be ready to start our fab new year!!
      Olly

Comment

Welcome back all

Glad to see posts here. Went to the gym yesterday - nothing today - got working early, sorry to say. I did legs yesterday - I don't know what possessed me to do walking lunges, topped off by wall sits! Am a little hobbly today!!

Back to the gym to do upper body tomorrow. I think that is going to be my new routine, legs one day and upper one day, cardio five to six days a week, abs in between a couple of days a week - something like that to start with again anyway.

As for weight, I'm probably up a pound since the beginning of the holiday season. Not bad at all - best year so far!

Okay - everybody get, eat and move healthy. I don't make New Year's resolutions - just try to live this way.

Comment

YEA!!!!!! Hi Olly Hi MM So happy to see both of you.
          Sorry you are under the weather too MM- Seems several folks have been fighting the flu/cold bug. I keep trying to come down with a sinus infection but so far have beaten it off. I go to bed and take an advil and that seems to keep it from getting too much worse.

I missed 5 days straight at the gym over the holidays but other than that I've been getting there pretty well. I went home to visit family over christmas and ate my weight in cheesecake, gumbo, shrimp, honey baked ham....bread bread bread and a few cookies here and there just to even things out. I gained 2 lbs though just because I was only visiting there for 3 days!!
          But I was so excited about you all coming back so I could share my wonderful exciting news. I did my body fat last week and it was 28.7%. I started at 33.8 so I am thrilled. If I've already shared this - please just go along with me anyway ....I was so happy!
          But now I need to get back to the dieting - or rather, better eating - thing.
          I met my trainer at 5 am this morning- he seems to be working out well for me. I have a standing appt with him now for tue and thur 5am. We did legs today and now I'm a bit woobly - but feel pretty good. Tomorrow I will be cursing him when I can't manage to get out of bed! But today I feel ok.
          Well, back to work. So happy we are getting back on track. I need your inspiring posts too...keeps me going and getting up in the mornings!
          Lisa
          Hi BARB!!! we were posting at the same time- happy to see you too!

Comment

Hey all you fittness people!:l

I wish I had a gym nearby. Any suggestions on what to do at home?
            I know walking is good but sometimes (now) the weather is yucky and walking in mud is not appealing! The road is too dangerous.
            Sometimes I put on music and "dance" around my island in the kitchen. Haven't done this lately as hubby is working at home full time now. (
            I don't know if I've shared this but my son is a fitness trainer in B'ham.
            He is also a marine and he has said that to get back into shape he is planning on running. He has drill this weekend, so he will do that.
            You would think that I would know what to do but he got the degree and I got to pay for it!

Lisa....congrats on the body "fat" count! Confetti!
            Hi Olly, MM and Barb....
            :h Nancy
            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Hey nancy, Lisa, MM, Barb and everyone else that may pop in...

Nancy, anyway you could arrange to spend a special mother-son weekend with your son and ask him to spend it as your personal trainer/motivator? I don't know, maybe a healthy meal out somewhere, a long talk about what really turned him on about nutrition/health/exercise, what his favorite classes/lectures were when he studied and then a couple hours together coming up with a personalized plan for you to do at home? My dear friend and ex roommate from many years ago tried to get me set up with a routine using free-weights on a small padded exercise bench? I was in my early 30's then and I couldn't stick with it for more than a few days... had way too much fun to attend to and or too many hangovers to even want to think about it. Sure wish I knew then what I know now. But, at 46 I'm finding free weights (even dumbells at home) so much fun! And, it's practically instant gratification in terms of toning and sculpting. Anyway,
              just thought if you could arrange this mother-son thing now, you'd have an even sweeter "Mothers' Day" come May.

Lisa... you go Fit-Girl! Wow, what great progress with gettng your BF down. I'm gonna ask to measured for BF on Monday and will report back. Yikes... I'm guessing I'm up around 33%.

Barb and MM... let's keep this group momentum moving forward... lunging forward, if we can.

all the best,
              Olly

Comment

Hey everybody! Well, I got back on the treadmill after 2 weeks of imobility yesterday..also did a yoga tape..today I only did 20 minute vs. 30 min. on the t'mill, but I did get up and do it! So back to the routine for the new year!!! I'm glad we have a fitness board..just knowing it's here motivates me!
                :0) di

Comment

Working...
                X