Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to get real!

IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Time to get real!

Well, here I am on day 4 - yeeha! I got started again. I feel so relieved to be here. The fog of those drunken nights is lifting and I can see myself again.
    What has really helped this week is that I have volunteered for a drama group a couple of weeks ago. They are putting on a Christmas panto. I have put myself forward to do the stage backdrop. Normally this would take months but I have now got 15 days to get it done. This is such a big project that I am literally up to 1 or 2 in the morning drawing and painting. I am really enjoying doing it and the challenge is a surefire way of me not drinking. There is no time and I would let so many people down if I didn't get finished.
    I know that once I get to 3 weeks I will find being AF so much easier but for now I am happily taking one day at a time.
    The continuous cycle of being AF, then drinking is so self-destructive. One minute I am on top of the world as anything feels possible when I am off alcohol, then I drink. The disappointment and sadness I feel is immense and everything that was possible before feels out of reach.
    When I was continuously drinking before I don't think I felt so low as I do when I mess up now because then it was just continuous oblivion with no vision of a happy future - I think now I have seen how good life is AF, I know what I am missing out on each time I take a drink, it is like continually going for the goal and missing.
    After just 4 days I can already see possibilities again and I have enough knowledge to know that they can only happen as long as alcohol is removed from my life.
    I left my daughter to school this morning and was singing and rocking along to the radio and being goofy. She and my niece were laughing and it was great craic. A far cry from the grumpy, hungover state I crawled out of bed over the past few years. This is the way I like it.
    Anyways, lots to do, being a non-drinker and all!!!!!!!!
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Working...
    X