Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December Mod Squad

Hi everyone,
    I thought I'd start us off for December.
    My goals for this month are to not drink during Christmas. I will be having guests and I don't want to drink during the time they are here.
    I hope everyone is doing well with their goals and commitments and that you find this upcoming holiday season a happy and healthy one. :coolsanta:
    "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

December Mod Squad

thanks for getting this going, mighty mite!
    mine are one drink a night, 5 days a week. exercise, hypno tapes, supps.
    enjoying life!

Comment

December Mod Squad

I kind of had an eye opening experience this morning. I had a dr's appt at 8:00am but had to leave at 6 to get there. (I only live 45 min away but it could take up to 2hrs to get there depending on traffic). As I was driving I realized that I felt really good. Normally, I would have had some wine Thursday night and not been hung over but maybe not as clear headed. But since I have stopped during the week I didn't have any. And I realized that it felt great. Plus, I was wide eyed and bushy tailed which you have to be to drive on the beltway in the DC area. Any hoot, I have to remember that and remember the good feeling I had.
      Hope everyone is having a good day and looking forward to the weekend.

Comment

December Mod Squad

Hiya Mighty and Lila. Just wanted to say hi and wish everyone a happy, healthy, successful moderating December and that goes for all the goodies that beckon this time of year too.

Personally, I have not had a drink in a week, just the way my schedule has worked really, but I am planning on some wine tonight. Being pro-active and not re-active is the way methinks.
        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

December Mod Squad

mighty mite, that is great to hear, and encouraging.
          rc, that is great too! Proactive and not reactive, good phrase...
          I have been working out a lot, and generally taking much better care of myself than in the past. I went to bed really early last night and had a good sleep and that really felt good! Now I am up early and feeling like everything is possible again. Amazing what sleep can do!
          have a good Sunday everyone!
          L

Comment

December Mod Squad

Glad to see our little group is growing some. MM, your commute experience is similar to how I feel today. Clear headed, calm, no regrets (had 1 gl of wine last night). RC - agree! Moderate with everything! Lila - glad you are on the w/o bandwagon. Feels good, doesn't it? I got more serious this past week also. Oh, & did I tell you I finally got trazadone. My Bodyfit monitor told me night b4 picking up the prescription that I had slept 4.33 hrs. Took trazadone and Bodyfit monitor congratulated me on personal record of sleeping 8.38 hrs - this is so going to help with my Dec. goals.

MM - not drinking during Christmas is a wonderful goal! Christmas Eve we are invited to an Open House. As far as Christmas Day when we are hosts, my goal is nothing until dinner is on the table, everyone is seated and happy. Then I will enjoy a glass of wine with Christmas dinner. Until then...... much better moderation than I have been doing. Last night was a start. I had 1.

Reminder: I live in retirement community where everyone acts like everyday is Friday! Friday nite was Lighting of the Tree complete with cash bar & free appetizers. Tonite is 2nd Christmas party (ladies only & to support Adopt a Family) where we have been asked to bring $5 to cover food & drink & $ for tips because hostess hired bartenders and she said believe you me, you will want to tip them. Say what? Tonite's goal is to have no more than 2.

Dec Goal: AF Mon, Wed, Thur nites & one night of the weekend have either 0 or 1. Am off for an afternoon run, then lift wts, then get ready for party.

TMH
            The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

December Mod Squad

Hi TMH, Lila, RC,
              It seems everyone is doing so well. Great job. I had two glasses of wine Fri and 3 Sat and am on my 2nd and last one tonight. I really did not want to drink Friday but I just did. I am having minor surgery on my face tomorrow due to basal cell carcinoma. But I guess it's the best type of skin cancer to have if you're going to have it. I am a bit freaked out by it all because I do not know what the damage will be to my face. I am set up with a plastic surgeon but it still is concerning me greatly. No, I don't think I drank an extra night because of it but it didn't help knowing what I may be facing tomorrow. I know it is no excuse to drink more because of stressors in our lives but it's hard. But tonight is my last night for the week. I do know that.
              TMH, you sound so busy and happy with your life. My hubby is retiring next year and I am not working at the time. Maybe we should move to a retirement community as well but I don't know if I could keep up with you all.

Comment

December Mod Squad

i am in for december i am on day1

Comment

December Mod Squad

Welcome Twitt,
                  I saw that you are on day 1. Are you modding or are you trying to be AF? I just wanted to know and I want to tell you we are here to help as much as we can.

Comment

December Mod Squad

hi Modders
                    TMH, every day Friday, that sounds really fun, but also, I can see how you have to take care! Isn't Traz great? I am never groggy the next day. Are you still golfing, or is it cold finally there? Probably never gets cold, right?
                    MM, wow, tell us how things go. I know people who have had that, and it is just like you said, then it is gone. You probably will look like you had a little scrape. How are you today?
                    hi Twit, welcome! What are your goals? Ditto what MM said.
                    well, I have been working out a lot since I joined a club. And I am really enjoying it. I really feel like my life is getting better and better since I started taking care of myself.
                    Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
                    L

Comment

December Mod Squad

hi folks
                      just popping in because i have not been here in over a month! it's been crazy busy around here. the holiday festivities have begun and my moderation is being tested. I have not had an AF day in 2 weeks!! while i haven't over done it at all, despite large long parties, I don't like the daily drinking habit creeping up on me again. I have kept it to 1 or 1 and a half glasses of wine on most weeknights, and never over 3 on the weekends, so i'm not over-indulging, I just need an AF day or two! I'm going to try tonight or tomorrow night, or both, to get back on track.

Then the in-laws are coming on the 17th and will be here for 2 weeks!!!! it is very very hard to have an AF day while they are here. glass of wine with dinner is the norm. so, i need to get back into my habit of some AF days during the week QUICKLY!

for the holidays, my goal is 2 AF days a week, never more than 2 on weekdays, unless at a party, then 3 max. 3 max on weekends. AFter the holidays, I will go back to my 3-4 days AF a week(hopefully). At least that is my plan. Does that sound excessive?

hope everyone is doing well. I'm so busy with work and life I don't have the leisure time to keep up with the posts!

Comment

December Mod Squad

Hi all,
                        Well, yesterday was a nightmare. I was at the hospital from 7:30 until 3:30. I had to keep going in to have more and more skin removed but they got all of the cancer. Then I had plastic surgery do the revision. It is a big area. Pretty much the length of my nose on the side. I have no idea what the end result will be. I am too chicken to look. Then last night after I got home it started to bleed and soak the bandage. I went to the ER but ended up walking out by 1:00am because I hadn't been seen yet and it had stopped bleeding. I was able to change the bandage myself this morning but I didn't look in the mirror. I am really, really stressing out about how it will look. I can't imagine it's going to look very good for a long, long time. It takes time for scars to lessen. I am trying so hard to not be vain and just be happy that they got all of the cancer but it isn't easy. It's my face for pete's sake! I don't know if I did the right thing. I don't really know the expertise of the plastic surgeon that did the reconstruction. I don't get to choose my docs. I am so sorry to rant here. I know there are many people out there with much more serious things going on with their health.
                        Ok, enough.
                        Hi Letgo, I know how hard it is during the holidays but it sounds like you have a plan and that is so good. I think if you keep it at 2-3 glasses that sounds reasonable. 3 is my limit. Even at 3 I wake up not as bushy tailed as I would like.
                        Hi Lila, that is great you are working out and feeling great. I know how good it makes you feel. I go crazy if I can't. Which, by the way, I can't for a week. They don't want my blood pressure to go up and cause bleeding. I am going to be bouncing off the walls in a weeks time. Oh dear. I am not in a good place right now.

Comment

December Mod Squad

((mighty mite))
                          surgery is like that, all red and angry in the beginning, and then fades and settles in. I have had some plastic surgery, too, and the scars have long faded away.
                          I really can see how it would be scary if it is your face. It is good, incidentally, that it is winter and you won't get sunlight (hopefully).
                          You will be fine, I promise. Maybe a faint white line, that is all.
                          L

Comment

December Mod Squad

Thank you so much Lila. That made me feel better. I now have a nice shiner on my right eye and I have to go to the store to get milk and go to the post office. It's going to look like I got into a fight. But your words are comforting and I so appreciate it.
                            I hope everyone is doing well. I'm getting excited about decorating my house for Christmas. Will probably have to wait until next week. Each day is giving me resolve to stick to my plan of being AF while my kids are home. Have a great day all.

Comment

December Mod Squad

MM - think of the good news, they got it all! Am a cancer survivor, know the stress and uncertainty. Hope you're feeling a lot better about it now!

LGL - seem to be in your boat! Tonite is good. 2 reasonable glasses of wine, water with dinner and ready to catch up on Dexter. (Showtime series). Enjoy the holidays; know it's hectic. Dh came home today with 2 cases of wine, 1 for each condo (we'll be moving out when dd & family come from Canada for Christmas), 2 big bottles of pinot griogio (sp) - can't stand the stuff but my dd likes, gallon of rum for SIL, geez - and I plan to "moderate". We can do it!
                              The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Working...
                              X