My story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My story

Hi all, Im glad to have found this board.Here is a little of my story.

My dad is an alcoholic. He was pretty bad when I was a kid. Abusive to my mom.
    He use to leave us at the grocery store and go to the bar,sometimes we would wait a LONG time for him to pick us up. Sometimes my uncle would have to come get us. That is a memory that has never left me.
    I started drinking at 15. It became out of controll at 21,after I gave my first child up for adoption.
    I have been binge drinking since then.
    I met my hubby in 2001. Kept on drinking. Got pregnant in 2002 and didnt touch a drop the whole pregnancy. Started again when she was about a week old. I was doing pretty good contolling it till my hubby's children from his first marriage had to move in with us. Hubby's ex is a crack head.
    That caused alot of stress and I started drinking more. Then his ex stole my idenity and stole about 1000.00
    from our bank account . More drinking.
    His kids still wanted to talk to her and see her. More drinking.
    She finnally went to jail. More drinking to celebrate!
    His kids (who are teenagers) started causing alot of problems in the home because they didnt want to be here. More drinking.
    Older kid moved out. More drinking.
    So here I am now. Trying to get this under controll.
    At my worst I can drink 10-15 beers a night. I have made a fool of myself at bars. Dont go to bars anymore.
    Hubby is being supportive ,thank god. He likes to drink but hes not a drunk like me. He understands there cant be any beer in the house right now.
    Im so glad I found this site.
    Thanks for letting me share.

My story

Thank you for sharing your story. This is a New Year and a new opportunity for a healthier you.
    Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

My story

Hi Daisy.
      Thanks for that.

Comment

My story

Hi Daisy,
        Welcome. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you found the right place!!
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
        X