max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

max

(maxineann1) this is my second posting. I am quite emotional as i really never thought anyone would reply to me.My confidence and self esteem are at rock bottom. i logged on little while ago to find several messages! thankyou so much. regretably i still have some alcohol in the house but tomorrow will be my day 1.I am scared about how i will cope and what i will do to fill the time.I really want it to work this time before my partner gives up on me. :h :h :new:
    Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

max

Hi Max
    It's good that you have come to this site . There are lots of people in the same boat as you to help get you. There is lots of advice about filling in your time. Read as many of the posts as you can.
    This is a great place:welcome:

Comment

max

thankyou paul. i know i am not alone any more. x

Comment

max

Welcome Max and know that you are no where close to being alone. Reach out and you will get so much support! Glad you are here.
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

max

Welcome and I promise it gets easier.
          Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

max

Welcome Max. I know you can do this, it does get easier and not as daunting.

at one point we had a thread going what we do during our witching hour to abstain. Just so you have a plan to do something completely different than your normal routine.

Something like:

Exercise
            Read Books
            Knit / sew
            Go for a walk
            Talk on phone to non drinking friend/family
            Go on chat here
            Listen to CD's
            go out to a movie
            go out with non drinking friends
            Take a long hot bath
            Make a lovely dinner

Unfortunately what worked for me this summer I had both parents in the hospital back to back. I was the rock, the one they counted on and their advocate for health issues that came up. Can not do those things loaded. Before I knew 6 weeks had gone by with very little alcohol.

So try and think up a plan to get you through tonight, one that sounds like a treat for you but you really can't do and enjoy when you are drinking.

YOU CAN DO IT!

Comment

max

Hi max,

I found this site today myself. I hope this works for both of us. I still have alcohol in the house as well. I probably will have to make sunday my official day number one. Friday night probably isn't the best time to start the no drinking thing. Especially since my husband will come home and be wanting a drink.
              Tomorrow I'm going to go to the book store and buy at least 3 new novels to pass the time. I know that getting thru the first week will probably be the hardest part. Good luck to you.

Comment

max

:welcome: Max and Mari!

Glad you are here. Try not to get too discouraged in the very beginning. This takes some time to get used to and it takes practice. You learn what your triggers are and you will find some tricks to help you too. Before too long you will feel so much better and you will want to keep feeling better.
                mkr has some good things to pass the time. I had a hard time on the weekends so
                I treat myself to a movie and buttered popcrn...I've seen almost every single new movie!! This is your special time. Treat yourself better right now than you ever have before. Put yourself first on every list.
                I wish you the very best!
                Lisa

Comment

max

Welcome Max and Mari,

You have come to the right place!

~Laura
                  ~Laura

Insanity
                  : doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results................... Albert Einstein

Comment

max

how's Mari?

mari33 wrote: Hi max,

I found this site today myself. I hope this works for both of us. I still have alcohol in the house as well. I probably will have to make sunday my official day number one. Friday night probably isn't the best time to start the no drinking thing. Especially since my husband will come home and be wanting a drink.
                    Tomorrow I'm going to go to the book store and buy at least 3 new novels to pass the time. I know that getting thru the first week will probably be the hardest part. Good luck to you.
                    Hi mari. this is my third day AF and i was just wondering how you are. Did you start on sunday and did you get your books? I really struggled yesterday.nearly bought drink on two occasions but didnt.so tempted. It would be nice to know we are both dealing with this at the same time. x x

Comment

max

Welcome Max and Mari!!

You've made a huge step by just posting here and joining in! Good for you!! I find strength here everyday to help keep me focused on what I really know is important - but way too easy to "ignore" if I don't come here. I hope you find the same sense of support. We're all going through the "same thing" at different places along the journey. If it helps you talk it out a bit and get it "out into the open" so that you can start dealing with it, then you've come to the right place! Again, welcome!!
                      Olly

Comment

max

Hi Max and Mari :welcome:

I only joined this site this month and already I have found the support here tremendous.

Keep reading and posting.

All the best.
                        Mandy x

Comment

max

Hi Max!

Hang in there!! I am doing abs, not AF, but feel for you when you say you need to do this "before your partner gives up on you." Losing my live in BF of 5 years was a big motivator for me to try this program and so far it is working. I am just doing CDs and supps, no Topa, but it is working for me, and I have had some tough "tests" over the holidays...lots of drinking opportunities, but no overindulgance so far! Good luck to you!! You can do it!!

Drama
                          :new:

No More Drama!

Comment

Working...
                          X