Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Saturday 24th December

Gooooooooooooood morning, Army

As Murphy would have it, I woke up at 5.00 a.m. sharp. It's been nice, though: instead of hurrying to get ready for work, I've been sitting on the patio watching the day break.

We're off to friends of ours later in the day for sundowners and an early dinner. Will be pottering about in the interim.

How are the preparations for Christmas coming along in the various Army households?
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

did u get my PM ?
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

techie;1231941 wrote: did u get my PM ?
      I did indeed. And you will receive a response shortly
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Good morning Techie and Tigger.
        Watching the sun come up sounds wonderful.

Comment

Happy Christmas Eve Armyites, send me some heat Tigs
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

Good morning Whizzy & Chiilie

Mrs. A: a health report is required.

Awwwwwwwwwww, Chillie - I be sending rays of sunshine your way!
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Mrs A =fit and well
              Mr A= Coughing but says he feels better. Antibiotics 2nd day
              No 3 daughter =slept all night for 1st time so probably OK
              Little Grandson= absolutely fine
              Just about to have my breakfast and get ready for my morning race, quick call in at shops on way back, feed friends cat then go out for 2nd run with running club.
              Everyone here has agreed to look after each other.

Comment

Good morning Tips, Techie, Anon, Chill and everyone else to come
                Happy Christmas Eve! We are going to the in-laws for lunch and then spend a quiet evening at home. I am just making a roast chicken (there's only the three of us) roast spuds, salad, and a chocolate cake and ice cream for dessert.
                Should really tidy the living room. It got a bit trashed with all the telly and wii set up. You can hardly walk in here. But coffee first.

Comment

Still pitch dark here, just been doing a dads taxi to the train station and back now with the coffee machine a bubbling. Got absolutely nothing needs doing today, which is something I endeavour to do every crimbo eve. Might pop out later into one of the bigger towns and relax with a non al drink and people watch the madness tee hee, smug git that I am.
                  Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning Troopers
                    Looking quite nice out my window at the mo. Was toshing it down yesterday and very windy. Looks like it might be quite nice today.
                    I am staying in bed for a bit longer tho, with my coffee and dogger and radio.
                    Off to get my hair done later on and then doing nothing much for the rest of the day. Want to keep focussed tho, to stop myself brooding.
                    All ideas will be gratefully received
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hiya Starty, hmm need distractions eh? Well you could amuse yourself by going into town and watching the men in particular running around at 4pm trying to buy last minute presents without an idea what to get or the woman who cant find sprouts anywhere and they just must have some or the business suits wondering around with a glazed look after a 4 hour boozy lunch. The possibilities for mirth and smugness are endless today.

Comment

Did I mention I have everything sorted then?

Comment

KTAB;1231990 wrote: Hiya Starty, hmm need distractions eh? Well you could amuse yourself by going into town and watching the men in particular running around at 4pm trying to buy last minute presents without an idea what to get or the woman who cant find sprouts anywhere and they just must have some or the business suits wondering around with a glazed look after a 4 hour boozy lunch. The possibilities for mirth and smugness are endless today.
                          :H:H:H
                          Hours of fun to be had there then!

Comment

Reggie;1231992 wrote: Me too starty ..brooding ...that is ..this time of year ...we could light our farts ..or try to pick our nose with extended tongue ...or scoop up the blue wool from our belly buttons ...or eat tomorrows Christmas pistachio nuts ..or scratch something close and personal ..I am open for ideas too
                            :H:H:H
                            I am going to do all of those things. Plus clip my toenails and spread the results far and wide (love the sound of them hitting something and trying to guess what it is)

Comment

Gurrrooossseeee you two

Comment

Working...
                              X