X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a little encouragement

Hi gang.
    Could do with a little help here .
    Im 23 days sober, and chomping at the bit for a drink.
    Today is so hard, and Im struggling.
    I also thought I'd be starting to feel a bit better by now, but I feel so much worse, than I ever did drinking.
    Im really battling it today.It just all seems so unfair.

xxx
    Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself!!!

It will pass, it always does.
    Try to get lots of fluids in. Orange juice helps. There should be lots to chow down on, so go ahead. Get those serotonins up and tingling.
    23 days is a great accomplishment, don't give up. Only 7 more days to 30.
    Cravings pass... take a long hot shower if that will help.
    Keep posting, we're there for you.
    :l:l
    Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
    If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
    November 2, 2012

Comment

Keep posting and drink plenty of water. You can do this!
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

...my skin's flushed and spotty, Im so tired I could sleep for a week, and my eyes are dull.
        Usually I look so much better. I'm just scared I can't do this. I've tried so many times, but everytime I fail.
        I don't want to fail again

x
        Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself!!!

Comment

You probably have a touch of something other than withdrawal. You might want to take extra good care of yourself.
          Have you checked your temperature. Usually by 23 days, the physical stuff is pretty much over and it's down to the mental stuff.
          If you're super tired, why not just have a nap. I don't know what time it is in the UK.
          If that's not possible, back to the hot shower idea.
          :l:l:l:l
          November 2, 2012

Comment

Again I dont' know what time it is, but what about a walk outdoors. Even if you look like crap just cover everything up and get outside for a bit. Usually the fresh air helps.
            We should all have burkhas (spelling) for days like this.
            Maybe just sitting on the back step with a lovely mug of tea for a bit.
            November 2, 2012

Comment

Hey Step

Good for you on the 23 days! I understand that you thought you'd be feeling better by now. BUT stopping drinking doesn't make everything perfect. It just forces us to deal with everything thrown at us without an "out"-drinking.
              It does sound like you may have something else physically going on. The only thing for sure is that drinking is not going to help at all. It would certainly make things worse.
              All the suggestions here are good, and it ultimately comes down to THE DECISION-to drink or not. It's not easy but it sure is worth it.
              Noone can predict how long it will take for you to feel the way you want to feel. I am at day 83 and frankly not feeling that great but we have to be realistic. In comparison to the guilt, hangover,shame,regret etc etc it feels pretty darn good.
              Please hang in there and stick around.

Comment

Yes, hang in there from me too - I'm very new - today is my FIRST day so I really admire you for going 23!!!! I'll get there too but you'll always be ahead of me!!! That's something to smile about, and be proud about.

I also know that just being sober doesn't solve anything but as others have said at least you can use your brains, talents, energy to DO something about your troubles. The hot shower, or cold shower idea is good - the tea too - or if you are able to, go out and get something that you just LOVE to eat or drink and treat yourself!! Please just take it easy and let the time pass. tomorrow is another day....I hope you check in later or tomorrow and let everyone know how you are doing. We do care and we' are with you in spirit.
                Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Hey Step,

I went through exactly what you are talking about........being AF for a bit, and still having the cravings. To be honest, I was feeling they would never get better. I kept reading how others were losing the AL cravings they had.

Also went through a "honeymoons over" phase....thinking I dont even feel any differrent being alcohol free.

I just think we all get over it at different times.....it just took me longer than most, maybe that is what is going on with you.

Just keep at it........stay strong, every day you wake up AF feels better than any small amount of satisfaction(if any) of actually drinking.

Wishing you strength to get to that milestone of 30 days AF
                  Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Hi, Step.

I will also email you. It's been a long time. I know how you feel, but after a bit more time, you will start to feel and look better. Hard, for sure. Stick wth it. Drinking only got us into trouble!

TDN
                    "One day at a time."

Comment

It took time to get the problem, and it will take time to heal from it. I still have cravings now and then but the longer that you stay af, the better it will get. It is different for everyone (it depends on their drinking habits etc). Some people go off the wagon because they have expectations that are off and when it doesn't go as they planned or they don't feel as good as they thought after 23 days or so.........hang in there. It will take time.
                      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Step, I seriously tried to quit several times and always felt like you do now. But finally, on my third try (guess it's a charm), I feel different - much better now. Hang in there if you can. We can't expect to fix something in a month that took decades to create. Not sure how long you drank, but it does take some time. You'll wake up feeling good tomorrow and being glad you didn't crater.

Sending you peace and strength.:l

Comment

Working...
                        X