Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

little help needed pls

hi

im a newbie just wanting a little help............. ill be honest im drunk my boyfriend has passed out asleep (not drunk) on the setee and i keep saying to myself im going to bed then i pour another glass of wine, theres another bottle screaming at me f... i just lack the abiltity tio make that quick decison and go to bed..... i dont want the hangover in the morning so ive got aa massive glss of water

little help needed pls

Drink the water scooby & go to bed.
    Leave the bottle where it is & get rid of it in the morning - you'll be glad you did!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

little help needed pls

yes i know yourw right... im bored of looking at the wall inm front of me, im tired. im emotional and pissed ......... i still ant to finish hte ted wine in the kitchen,,, i dont know if i ccant im sorry - im soprry to my son and my family. Im rubbish

Comment

little help needed pls

Scooby, take a big glass of water with you and go to bed. :h

Comment

little help needed pls

haa! this is definatley not the site for hearing what you want to hear.... im just about conming to terms wtih having a slpeep - goodnight all xxxxxxxx

Comment

little help needed pls

Good night, Scoobs! Looking forward to seeing you in the morning. :h

Comment

little help needed pls

hi guys... i hardly remember coming on here last night ,:thanks: for your kind words and advice. god i feel like shit today.... Id done so well - we went to a party, i drove, didn't have a drink, it felt good to be saying no and totally in control instead of the usual were i end up the most drunk there and embarrass myself and my boyfriend.

it was when we got home - i hadn't planned to drink - we had wine in as we got a few bottles as presents:hitme::hitme: it just sort of happened - i convinced myself i deserved it after not drinking at the party............

anyway i took your advice and did go to bed in my drunken stupor. Luckily there were no 'incidents' such as falling flat on my face or arguing with my boyfriend.

:thanks: for last night again xxx

Comment

little help needed pls

I'm glad too Scooby, that you are ok this morning. And how we can all relate to what happened to you.

You put it so right when you said you thought you DESERVED a drink after being so good. That's such a trap. And our whole culture uses that reasoning. After work, boy, I need to relax - and how better to get relaxed than to have a drink? And I've been working so hard; I've been so good; I accomplished that project so well; I saved so much money last month; I've been so patient with the kids; I've been putting up with so much s__t; whatever, whatever, whatever - SO WE DESERVE A DRINK! I wonder how we can get out of this trap?

Maybe substitute another "treat" for the booze? anyway I'm happy you have a new day!!
                Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

little help needed pls

I treat myself for not drinking with af things. I would recommend reading the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html and set up a plan and stick to it. Get a support group both online and offline, and if you can get rid of the AL in the house (at least in the beginning and until you know that you won't drink it.).
                  I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

little help needed pls

Hey Scooby

Hang in there! Also something to think about-I believe that when the thought is going to turn into action regarding having a drink, that it doesn't matter what the circumstances are. By that I mean that if you had not had alcohol in the house you might have gone and bought it. Just saying that once you've engaged that switch in your mind it seems it's inevitable. At least it always was for me.
                    It occurred to me over this past 3 day weekend that my thinking used to be like this: Friday night-hmmmm-do I want to drink or wait until Saturday night? If I drink Friday by Sunday I'll feel better and want to drink all Sunday afternoon, then recover Monday. OR if I drink starting Saturday....blah blah blah and on and on...such a ridiculous waste of energy.
                    One thing about alcohol addiction-you certainly learn about yourself! Unfortunately what you learn is how to plan for drinking, knowing your own propensities and possible damage/recovery time required etc etc.
                    I wish you welll and hope that you can overcome the desire to drink when it happens.
                    Be strong.

Comment

Working...
                    X