from CS04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

from CS04

dear friend CS04 is having computer problems and asked me to post this in general:

Hello friends, I have not posted regularly here in a long time, but I have been on MWO for a very long time. In fact in a couple days is my ___ year anniversary of coming to this site, and I am embarrassed for it being so many years and I am still struggling. I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon for an "assessment" at a locally based outpatient facility for chemical dependency. I already spent about 1/2 an hour with them on the phone last week for an "intake interview." They have already indicated to me that they may recommend inpatient "treatment" which I am really not in a position to do. As you may imagine, I am scared shitless about this. I debated running this appt. through our insurance (which is through my husband's work) but I called them today and gave them the insurance info. He doesn't know I am going (yet). I will be 46 years old a week from tomorrow and I can't do this anymore. I have a 5 year old son, a 20 year old stepson, a husband who I love (though things are hard). My job and house and finances and possibly my health are absolute shambles. I am sorry for not being in better touch with you all, but I am asking for some help. For those of you who have always been there, and you know who you are, I love and appreciate your friendship. But if I don't do something SOON, I am really fucked. I hope to hear from you, either here or PM or call me -- whatever. Thanks, CS
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

from CS04

Hang in the CS04! You can do this! If going through the impatient treatment is what is recommended, then do it.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

from CS04

Ditto Drifty. Also I'd like to paraphrase what Cinders said in chat last night:

what good is insurance if we refuse to use it and let AL take our life?

it's time to get well in a supervised and safe manner. you can do it hon! xxxxxxxxxxx
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

from CS04

CS04,

You can do this, you can heal, you can fly.

Take your step towards your bright future.

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

from CS04

My dear CS,
          I should go in to chat more often and try to catch up with you. It's been a long time since we've caught up with each other.

Let this treatment work for you. You know whats behind you and beside you, so like Cindi says, take a step towards a wonderful future.

Comment

from CS04

Cs you can do this and wishing you the best,go for it.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

from CS04

Grab this chance with both hands CS. Let nothing and I mean nothing stop you. Yes it will be difficult on many levels but the alternative will be even harder.
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

from CS04

CS...

What you are doing takes great courage. You are a beautiful, bright, witty and warm person who has been beaten up and sucked in by an addiction. You are fighting for your life and you will win.

We will be here to support you with each step you take....

xxxx dear friend
                Sober for the Revolution!
                AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

from CS04

CS, I don't know you but am touched by your post. I really hope you'll decide to go to treatment. I hate the way we have to fear using our insurance - such a fucked system in this country. I know other countries have their problems, but ours is insane.

I've struggled with alcohol for a long time and am finally AF and plan to stay that way. It's so much better than the living hell of addiction.

Thinking of you and sending you healing vibes.

Comment

from CS04

CS, I don't know you but am touched by your post. I really hope you'll decide to go to treatment. I hate the way we have to fear using our insurance - such a fucked system in this country. I know other countries have their problems, but ours is insane.

I've struggled with alcohol for a long time and am finally AF and plan to stay that way. It's so much better than the living hell of addiction.

Thinking of you.

Comment

from CS04

treatment

Hi, CS.

I feel for you! I just got back a little over a week ago from a 28 day in patient rehab. Had always found excuses why I could not do 26 days--work, money, etc. I did an out patient program two and a half years ago, was in detox a little over a year ago, did a ten day residential program in July, and could not stay sober. My insurance was of little help. I finally found an incredible place in FL that specializes in relapsers, and it was recommened by a sober friend. It is self pay, but about 1/4 or less of what most other places charge, even with the increase they have just had. I can't tell you how much this program changed my life, and I now have 39 days AF! If you can somehow find the finances to do this, I know that you'll succeed. I can give you all the information if you want to send me a PM. I was hopeless when I went there--second DUI and husband about to give up on me.

Good luck! You can do it!

TDN
                      "One day at a time."

Comment

from CS04

Dear CS,

Please go for it!!! You are a wonderful person and you deserve to feel great about yourself. You have struggled for too long. Do what you have to do to get better, your family needs you!
                        Best wishes and feel free to PM me if you can!:l:h
                        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

from CS04

Hi CS! I am so happy for you that you have decided to take this important step - for YOU and for your health and your life. I agree with Cindi that insurance is there for us to USE!! It would be silly to not use it when we have a life threatening condition.

I hope you go into rehab with the idea that you are going to take every sincle thing they have to offer you with gusto.

Strength and hope to you!!! You deserve your way out.

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

from CS04

CS! :l
                            Can't add much to what has been said already. GO FOR IT, GIRL!
                            You deserve better and while going to in-patient may be difficult right now... the alternative is beyond difficult and often fatal. Wishing you renewed strength and determination!
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

from CS04

C, of all the things I miss in chat, talking to you is at the top of the list. I feel I've let you down, not being there every night, but somehow the dynamics of chat changed last summer, and I haven't been able to find people there anymore. Please know, I still think of you. I remember the nights you had to check on the babe during chat. And waiting for your hubby to come home. You are not forgotten. But now, you go, you get yourself well, OK? Get well, because you are of no use to anyone if you're no use to yourself. If you can, PM me, and we'll connect if we can while you go through this. I went to rehab. It didn't 'cure' me, but it sure as hell taught me a lot about what I needed to do to live. Hugs to you, friend. And please, let me help if I can.
                              Ruby
                              sigpic
                              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
                              X