Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Wednesday 28th December

Gooooooooooooood morning, fellow threadians

It isn't so bad to be at the office after all! I might arrange a lunch with a colleague, though (but not an all-afternoon one).

Bonus: the week will be short, today can't even be hump day. Pingu will have to share hers tomorrow.

I hope you'll have a lovely day.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Good morning Mr tips, have a days work myself today.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Tonight I have another dinner with another sister,its all go here I can tell you.

Comment

Good morning Mario and Tiggs.
        I am back to work today thank goodness too.
        I have not been in the finest fettle this christmas but I have a weekend in Scotland with Chillywilly to look forward to next week. Cheered me up no end that did.
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Good morning Tips, Mario, Starty and everyone else to come
          Yeppers-having lunch, dinner-or a weekend in Scotland!- with people we care about is a great way to beat the blues:goodjob:
          The little one is going to camp today so I have a "me" day. I'm meeting up with a friend later for coffee and a chat.

Comment

Morning Mario, TartyPants & Expattie

I found an outlet of Seattle Coffee Co where I could get my coffee fix!!! Woohoo!!! I decided to opt for a grande latte with an extra shot of espresso. Watch me bouncing off the walls :H
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

startingover;1234086 wrote: Good morning Mario and Tiggs.
              I am back to work today thank goodness too.
              I have not been in the finest fettle this christmas but I have a weekend in Scotland with Chillywilly to look forward to next week. Cheered me up no end that did.
              That should be great starty, do say hello from me to chill

Morning expat

Comment

Morning Expatty
                A you day sounds fabby.

Will do Mario.

Comment

Oh Mollymoo. Have a huge hug luvvie :l:l:l

Comment

mollyka;1234101 wrote: Mornin Tipps Patty Mario Starty -- u'll have a lovely break with Chilly -- just what the doctor would order
                    Bit glum here tbh, just dropped Jilly at the airport, she's really gone this time, 3 yr visa minimum, so -- anyway, she's goin to a better life over there, just have to keep clutching at that straw:l
                    Morning Molly:l

Comment

mollyka;1234101 wrote: Mornin Tipps Patty Mario Starty -- u'll have a lovely break with Chilly -- just what the doctor would order
                      Bit glum here tbh, just dropped Jilly at the airport, she's really gone this time, 3 yr visa minimum, so -- anyway, she's goin to a better life over there, just have to keep clutching at that straw:l
                      Ah molls :l:l:l But as you said she is going for a better life and will be a stronger and better daughter for it.:l

Comment

Skype helps as does sharing loads of photos, emails, telephone calls...I email my mother just about every day-even if it's just to say hello and tell her what I'm making for dinner. :H
                        I've just been lurking on the monthly ab thread. Very uplifting posts-but it seems like this time of year is a bit difficult wherever we are in the world. Good to keep talking and sharing... Well, I have to wake up the little one and get him ready for camp. It'll be difficult because the last few days he's been staying in pj's till noon. But I know he'll have fun once he gets there and sees all the kids.
                        Back laters xxx

Comment

See you expat, off meself see you laters and have a good day.

Comment

Morning tips, starty, mario, expatty and molly

enjoy your "me" day patty. Seems like you don't get nearly enough of them :l.

Molly, it's not surprising you feel a bit glum, but your daughter is off to live the life she wants to live and that has to be a good thing. The world is a much smaller place nowadays and, as patty said, there are so many ways to keep in touch. Maybe you can go and visit Jilly for a holiday from time to time? It's also a chance for you to get some more "me" time too. I know it can't be an easy time for you, but try to focus on the positives. And remember that we're here if you need someone to talk too :l:l:l.

Had three glasses of diet coke so far this morning and am about to go and make a second cup of coffee. I seem to be immune to the effects of caffeine today . Definitely no bouncing off the walls going on here today.

Comment

Good morning everyone, it's very hard to let them go I imagine Molly but isn't it lovely that Jilly is a young independent woman with enough self belief and confidence to go out into the world and get what she wants? You should feel proud as well as sad. Skype is a life saver as I know with some of my relatives kids.

Well now I have been thinking, it's coming close to the end of the year and always a good time to sit down and have a serious reassessment of our lives and where we find ourselves. I don't mean in a 'Im going to give up choccy, take up a night class' sort of new years resolution way. I am thinking more along the lines of 'where am I on this journey, and I don't necessarily mean just with AL, for while it is a big issue, it doesn't define who we are. Sometimes we need to actually climb out of the box and take a good look around rather than just thinking outside of it. I am going to change my life in as many positive ways as I can this coming year, anyone care to join me?
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
                              X