Drinking-a love story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drinking-a love story

I have today bought the book by Caroline knapp as I think it may help me. I just wanted to reccomend another book on this subject that I have read over and over.It is called "Head Full Of Blue" by Nick Johnstone. His battle with the bottle is frank and honest and you can really relate to his struggle.I would love to know if anyone else has read this book. x x Max
    Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Drinking-a love story

Drinking, a Love Story was one of my favorite books. So well written. I will read the one you suggested. If you have not read Dry by Augusten Burroughs I cannot recommend it enough. My all-time favorite book. Funny yet poignant about his struggles with alcohol and recovery. Excellent read.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Drinking-a love story

I agree - great read. I still need to read "Drinking, a Love Story".,
      Jen
      Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Drinking-a love story

Drinking Caroline Knapp

I read this book years ago, when I was first starting to worry about my drinking.
        I think it is such a good book, totaly honest and open.
        I related to so many of the "incidents".
        Glad to know its still available.
        Definately worth reading
        Changeling

Comment

Drinking-a love story

Dry is also one of my favorites. I have listened to it (audio cd) 3 times now. Excellent!
          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Drinking-a love story

I LOVED Dry! Thanks for recommending it Lusch!
            Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Drinking-a love story

I also loved DRY! It was a great read. His first one..."Running with Scissors" is also supposed to be excellent. It talks of his childhood and the reasons why he ended up wth a drinking problem.
              Allow yourself to become all that you dreamed you could be..... and more. :banana:

Comment

Drinking-a love story

Drinking A Love Story is a great read. It was also one of the first books I read about drinking... several years ago. I could really relate and many of the incidents she details would come back to haunt me over the next several years... especially while lying in bed with a hangover!!

I'm gonna order Dry today. Isn't the his Scissors book a movie now? Has anyone seen it?

Olly

Comment

Drinking-a love story

Will look for it

Hi Olly, will look for drinking, a love story, on line. I did get Dry and read it cover to cover in a day and a half. Got a copy for a friend too at the same time at christmas. It was awesome! Could read parts of it every day for support and entertainment. :h Suz
                  The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Drinking-a love story

Hey Suzanna,
                    Thanks for the endorsment of Dry. I know it you read it straight through it's gotta be good. Hope you enjoy Drinking...

take care, Olly

Comment

Drinking-a love story

Rational Recovery, "Jack Trimpey" unliked ANYTHING you are reading or have read... all I have to say is WOW, so, so, WOW.....we all have a AV, (Addiction Voice) that is why we drink, not childhood, not problems now, because that voice (Beast, he calls it) is there and only you can destroy it. It is done without meds and conventional AA ways, not spirtual, Just great... haven't read all of it just started but the pages I have read, once again WOW... I'm telling you this will be what does it for me!!!

Comment

Drinking-a love story

Hi twest, Rational Recovery also has a website that you can go to. I have not fully checked it out but I think some others around here have. Sounds like another good tool for all of us!
                        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Drinking-a love story

Hi I started drinking after 10 years in AA.I don't know how exactly but it was all good for the first few months and now I have gotten into some episodes of trouble,with my friends and family. I want to stop i guess,but I really have no desire to go back to meetings and sit around listening to people wine about life.Anyone have any feedback??? :new:

Comment

Drinking-a love story

I just ordered it on EBay... thanks for the recommendation!

Doo
                            :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Drinking-a love story

I loved "Drinking, A Love Story". Borrowed it from a friend in Women for Sobriety and plan to eventually buy a copy for my own. Every now and then I think I'd like to read a bit here and there again. Plan to read "Dry" as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X