Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Army Thread 29th dec 2011 (nearly another year gone) :(!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 29th dec 2011 (nearly another year gone) :(!

Good morning troops..

thought I'd wake ya up nice an early before the stripey tailed saffa cat..:H

can't sleep....anyone else awake aswell..??

if not I'll hang around sup me tea and nibble on my beef sarnies..and wait for you lazy lot :l.

Army Thread 29th dec 2011 (nearly another year gone) !

Good morning Jan and all to come

Looks like we're set to fry again today. The weather report says we can expect 29C. That is as measured at the airport. The CBD is always a few degrees warmer.

Anyhoo... have a lovely Thursday, folksies.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Wow number 3 on the army thread. That is a first!!! It's actually pretty late here and I am heading off to bed. Snow on the ground. Frost on the windshield here.
      Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
      GNite
      Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
      If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
      November 2, 2012

Comment

Good morning Jan and Tips! Good night Wally
        Hope you are feeling better today JC.
        And Mrs.A-I hope you have a lovely day with your family.
        Hello everyone else-Happy Thursday

Comment

morning tiggeroonie, wally & expat..:l

well we are at 18? at 6:58am and news says gonna be 28? later...and it's our first week of winter...:H:H

Comment

ladyjan;1234657 wrote: morning tiggeroonie, wally & expat..:l

well we are at 18? at 6:58am and news says gonna be 28? later...and it's our first week of winter...:H:H
            Grrrr.....:H
            Cold here this morning but so much better than last year-I can't really complain.
            I have to go into the office for a few hours this morning and then I'm hitting the comercial centre. The little one is at holiday camp today.
            I have him with me tomorrow and the weekend. And of course-heavy rain predicted for those days. So I'll have to think up fun inside activities so he doesn't drive me mad. Help.

Comment

Good morning Jan Tiggs Expatty and Wally.
              Hope you are all ok
              I loved yesterdays thread especially Tabbers post about making changes in 2012.
              I have had such a shit time lately I have decided ot go back on anti depressants. I really dont care that I will probably take them for the rest of my life as long as they do what they are supposed to. I think they do
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Morning Starty:l
                Don't worry about the AD's being for your whole life hon. If you need them -don't wait. I was on them for years and they saved me. And I have not ruled out taking them again.

Comment

Really Patty? I have tried to come off twice and each time fell back at 3 months. How long have you been off?

Comment

About two years now. I do take magnesium and that seems to help-and I walk miles every day.
                    I must say though--the long months ahead of winter have been making me feel pretty blue. SAD, maybe? The lack of light is a huge downer for me and sometimes it is a real effort to get outside. Sometimes I feel like I'm just forcing myself to get through the day. That is one of my big changes I need to make for 2012--think how I can pep up my life instead of just work, kids, walk dog....same thing everyday.

Comment

I know what you mean Patty. I think I get SAD too. But lately it has been so much worse I think. Angry, irritable and crying heartbreaking tears. That so isnt me
                      Please let me know what you are planning for 2012 as I am on the lookout for new ideas too

Comment

morning starts...:l
                        I've gone back on the AD's at first I wasn't really sure if they work and had heard so many bad things about them being addictive etc,

but to be honest I ran out the other week and SHIT what a big difference it did make..went to doc and got right back on them, I think it had a bit of a part in me having the other siezure that and being sick with the flu and prob bring up my epilesy meds..??????

I was never really sure what they are meant to do????? chill you out make you drowsy, sleepy...coz they certainly help me sleep at night (sometimes):H

but I've been taking one in the morn and one at night and feel ok with the world...

Comment

Hi Jan. I think they just give you more access to the brain chemical Seratonin which can be in short supply in some people. That in turn is supposed to make depression, OCD or anxiety symptoms better. The problem with coming off them suddenly is that you get withdrawal or discontinuation symptoms (as the drug companies like to call them) For me, I came off very slowly but my depression seems to return without them in my system. Different ADs have different effects regarding sleepy or stimulant properties

Comment

I think it is so important to find the right AD for YOU. And no drinking while you take them of course. I took one that helped with anxiety and ocd. I'm a born worrier-and this is something that goes back to early childhood-not al related-but was made worse by drinking.
                            I must run now or the kid will be late for camp.
                            I'll be back later. I'm looking forward to seeing other peoples ideas for their 2012 changes! I've been making lists and trying to get some ideas down on paper.
                            xxx

Comment

Very true Patty, there are so many different types. Prozac seems to suit me.
                              I must get a wriggle on too
                              See you later xxx

Comment

Working...
                              X