bored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bored

hi, Max here. well i have nearly done my first day AF. Why oh Why does one hour sober feel like 5!!! thats the worst of it for me. For sooo long wine has been my escape into oblivion.I have tried to keep busy but I am still wide awake and feel like something is missing. I know i will feel better in the morning but then there will be tomorrow night...:helpme:
    Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

bored

Maxine I find the first night is always the most "boring." It will get better. It really will. Just try and find something to occupy your time if you can. Good job on day one!!!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

bored

I understand...

Hi, I am bored too. I think with the combination of it being a weekend (which always was the 'permission' to drink) and not use to doing anything to fill up the time other than with the drink, it can be a bit of a tough one.

I just came up to the computer to read, read, read, and read.... I have already cleaned the house, cooked dinner, tended to the sick child, and started to think about drinking. Ugh!

Like Lush said, the first day (or even the first week) is the most difficult and you need to keep busy. Go and have a hot bath, or take a walk... I completely understand how one hour feels like a million!

Hang in there! I am feeling the same as you are right now. This is day 8 for me. It does get easier.

I don't know about you, but for me, I honestly think it has to do with the 'weekend' factor.

Accountable For Me

Comment

bored

Hi Max

I completely understand the bored part, because drinking was often the only activity I did for an evening.

It does get better, as you find other things to fill the time. Go for a walk, read a good book, rent a movie, or if you want to go out, go to a coffeehouse, or shopping, or to the movies. I used to wish the movie theatres served alcohol with the popcorn, but now going to the movies is an activity I'm learning to love again because it does NOT involve alcohol.

Just some suggestions - hang in there, it's worth it.

pixie
        AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

bored

Hi Max,

I too am learning how to spend my evenings sober.
          Believe me, it gets easier!

~Laura
          ~Laura

Insanity
          : doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results................... Albert Einstein

Comment

bored

Good for you!

Hi Maxi,
            well done girl ..how I wish I was in your position...I have yet to start day 1. I am so in envy of you...it can only get easier ..ask yourself this...would you rather be me???? I think NOT :goodjob:

Comment

bored

Hi Maxi

I've just replied to Daisy message which is similar to yourself (and me) about weekends and I'd suggest the same to you. Have a look into doing some short courses either at college or as home study.

Mandy x

Comment

bored

Hi Maxi,

I am also trying my first day 1 af, and know exactly how you feel. I have just put my youngest to bed, and feel horrible that I got mad at him right before bed over nothing. I had to go in and give him a hug and ask him for his patience. That made me feel horrible but instead of thinking of making things better all I can think about is having a drink. So here I am reading and posting. I know that was a couple of days ago for you I hope it is going well.

Good luck everyone.
                :new: :h :h
                "What I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it."
                Catherine Pulsifer

Comment

bored

Maxi,

Isnt it incredulous how when we arrive at this site we are so hopeful of getting sober and then we decide whatever course we will take and then we idolise the drinking we did.. and we delude ourselves that what we had was easier when we know that it wasnt, otherwise we would still be drunk.

Dont allow yourself to be deluded. Life as a drunk is not an easy street...its sad lonely and really really boring. When you are sober and you are around drunk people it will amaze you that you ever thought it was a good thing to do.

Read and Post and think about sober things - just think what a break you are giving your brain from not numbing out every night. Life and living is actually wonderful, and that is the truth.
                  Good luck.
                  Brigid

Comment

bored

I am now 4 days sober and I am bored too.I don't feel to well either,but I keep thinking I want to drink when the weekend get's here.I don't know if I'll give in when the football begins this weekend or not.I really don't miss it,but it's like I want it.Help.

Comment

bored

Hi Max & Montbob,

I'm on day 11, I promise you it really does get easier, hang on in there, It will be worth it.

Sending lots of love & Hugs to you both :h :l :h :l
                      sigpicXXX

Comment

bored

Montbob, please re-read 'about time too's' post in this thread. (listed just above yours) Some things she said in there might be of help to you....

When she said " Don't allow yourself to be deluded. Life as a drunk is not an easy street... it's sad, lonely and really, really boring." hit home for me.... Kind of makes you look at it in a different perspective.

I, too, tend to get bored being AF. It is just nice to know that if I am, I have the option to go out and do something. I am not just sitting around drinking my days away wishing I had that option.

It does get easier in time. You just have to allow the time for it to get easier.

Comment

Working...
                        X